Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Heartwarming Scene in the show?

SolyWack

I saw a topic about "Saddest Scene", and that got me thinking...

What about the most heartwarming scene in the show. One that makes you cry, but out of joy and happiness.

I'm gonna cheat and choose two actually. But I'm the creator of the topic, so I can do that.

My first would be in For Whom the Sweetie Bell Toils. One of the best episodes, with the entire episode revolving around Sweetie not getting the attention she deserves. At the end she said "Its okay, the dresses were the best part".

It was the most perfect final line in any episode to date, and did make me cry a wee bit.

The second would be in Brotherhooves social. Applebloom feeling quilty, and Big Mac saying the most lines ever meant you knew he was being sincere. I had to get a tissue for this one. It was very well executed.

What about you guys?

I almost cried when the Crusaders got their cutie marks. But for some reason, it's the ending of the season 5 finale that got me.

I don't particularly like Starlight Glimmer all that much, but the end of the montage felt like a huge mental slap. It feels like it perfectly represents the joy I feel whenever I watch FiM, all bundled into one frame. And it really makes me grateful for the friends that I have now.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't particularly like the entire COTLM episode, but I was touched when Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbowdash came onto the scene expressing how proud they were of the crusaders and then sang to them.

The scene in Brotherhoove's Social where Big Mac was confessing how he only wanted to be Applebloom's hero again. That was very touching.

And I'm going to add an Equestria Girls scene. In Friendship Games when Rarity and the others reminded sunset how she help defeated the Sirens

• Brohoof 4

Pretty much the ending to "Crusaders of the Lost Mark," especially the scene with Rainbow, Rarity, and AJ expressing their delight and singing as a trio to the CMC. Add in Luna's glee at the end, and the warming of the heart is real. :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I thought the whole talk scene between Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle in "Testing, Testing 1,2,3" was incredibly heartwarming, for me atleast.

It really shows the bond that Twilight Sparkle has with Rainbow Dash, even if she can drive her crazy sometimes and she tries really hard to show Rainbow, that she is not dumb. That scene shows, what being a friend is all about. Not just being there in good times, but also in bad times and i find that beautiful and heartwarming.

• Brohoof 5

"Crusaders of the Lost Mark" When Diamond Tiara felt everything slipping away from her. She lost the election, and her one and only friend. When she sang about longing to change, but not knowing how, I did a complete flip. I went from hating her, to actually crying over how sad and lonely she was. In the end, when she became the pony she wanted to be, it was just as important, but even more moving than the CMC getting their cutey marks. 

• Brohoof 2

When Discord won, Twilight gets sad but finds all the letters she sent to Celestia and hugs Spike.

Wow, that's a classic. There's no getting around the fact that newer seasons will get more spotlight. It's good to see older episodes getting some love.

I do remember the particular smile that appeared on my face during that scene.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's a classic. There's no getting around the fact that newer seasons will get more spotlight. It's good to see older episodes getting some love.

I do remember the particular smile that appeared on my face during that scene.

There's nothing like going from a heartbreaking scene than suddenly the hero rising from the ashes with cuteness. :)

I like to add another: Twilight hugging Moondancer near the end of Amending Fences.

Now that is actually a strong contender against my favorite heartwarming scene. :)

• Brohoof 1

Chalk up another one for AJ, RD, and Rarity expressing how proud they were of the CMCs for getting their mark. There are two moments in this show that made me cry. This is the one that made me cry out of happiness.

There are others, too, yet of lesser contention:

1. All of Ponyville helping Rainbow Dash study the history of the Wonderbolts. Sometimes this show does a really bad job exhibiting a welcoming atmosphere in Ponyville. This climax, however, did an excellent job showing the magic of friendship.
  2. Steven Magnet intentionally chopping off his own mustache and giving it to Cranky to replace his mane. It calls back Rarity's deed to Steven when NMM chopped it off in FIM2 and puts the detail in full circle.
  3. The very end of Amending Fences. Spike gives Moondancer the portrait of all five ponies at a table. As the image zooms out, MD, Lemon Hearts, Minuette, and Twinkleshine play hoofball outside her home.
  • Brohoof 1

- In Tanks for the Memories where Dash watches Tank bury himself. That was some powerful stuff.

- The ending of Brotherhooves Social. Big Mac talking in full sentences alone was shocking, but the fact he was feeling so overshadowed by AJ all this time is pretty heartbreaking. But Apple Bloom and Big Mac have such a heartwarming moment here.

- Secret of My Excess. You know what scene I'm talking about.

- The last couple of scenes in Sleepless in Ponyville. <3

- When the CMC get their cutie marks.

- Amending Fences where Twilight and Moondancer finally amend fences (lol). Also, the ending where Moondancer opens Spike's present.

- The Magic Inside. nuff said

There are so many more that I can't think of right now.

• Brohoof 3

Howdy all!

Hurricane Fluttershy got me :( when she blubbered to Rainbow Dash that she couldn't participate in the water collection.

(Flashbacks when she was laughed at when she was a filly didnt help)

Good thing her animal friends cheered her up and convinced to try again.

(Angel combing her mane while she was crying was cute)

And she did when seeing the other pegasi falling down to do the tornado.

Twilight convinced her and did the tornado with RD with success getting the water to Cloudsdale.

:squee:

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I've been waiting quite a while for someone to make a post about this  :wub:. There are so many moments in the show, that it is incredibly difficult to narrow it down to just a few scenes! But i'll try my best:

• The end of Amending Fences when Twilight and Moondancer make up  ^_^.
  • All of Crusaders of the Lost Mark (no explanation needed)!
  • Rara performing The Magic Inside in front of Ponyville.
  • The end of Brotherhooves social when Big Mac and Applebloom have their moment. 

Notice that all of my choices are from season 5. This could be because it is the most fresh to me, but I really think that the show ramped up in the feels department towards the end of season 4 and practically all of season 5. I'm really enjoying the direction that the MLP is going in and am expecting great things in season 6 :pinkie:.    

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a sucker for Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash moments, but besides that, I really liked the end in Hurricane Fluttershy where RD was so proud of Fluttershy for conquering her fears and helping them achieve their goals.  She may not understand or relate to Fluttershy but she really cares about her even if empathy isn't a natural skill for her. In fact it  makes it all the more heartfelt when it's shown, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1