Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you customize your clothing?

ManaMinori

Designer items are mass produced, and no originality in them. Does anyone buy clothes cheap and make their own alterations to them, for their own artistic flare, and completely original outfit?

I buy many of my clothes thrift, and being an artist, i think i should start Frankensteining my wardrobe, see how it turns out, since elegant/ Victorian style clothing is rare at thrift shops, but bits and pieces of what items i do find could contribute

• Brohoof 2

Nah. I mostly just buy pony shirts now, which have designs that I love and basic pants or shorts. I'd rather not take a risk in ruining them. That would be the unfortunate result if I tried to do this. I would create a monster. XD

• Brohoof 2

Well... I used to do that with hats. Basically, just buy a white baseball cap and some clothing paint, then paint a design on it. I made a gen 1 Ash Ketchum hat this way. I've been wanting to make a Rainbow Dash cap using this method, but I do not have the time or space to do so.

Just call me Rarity.

I love fashion.  I make a lot of my own clothes from scratch because everything they sell in stores is so boring.  Why must men's fashion be nothing but pants, shirts, and shorts?  If you want to look nice, a button up shirt, or if you want to look really nice, maybe a suit.  That's it.  That's all your options.  So, I took my fashion into my own hooves awhile ago.  I just don't understand why mainstream clothing has to all be the same, and so plain.  We have thousands of years and countless cultures of fashion to draw on, and yet, all you see is the friggin Gap or whatever with jeans and t-shirts.  Why can't we have the medieval/fantasy fashion store at the mall?  And how about a pirate store, or a feudal Japan store, or ancient Greek, or Victorian?  Maybe that sounds a little ridiculous, but I honestly think people should wear all kinds of unusual and crazy costumes all the time (if they want to, that is.)  Why not make the world more interesting?  There's just no reason not to.

• Brohoof 3

An intriguing idea, I'm just too lazy to implement myself. I'm trying to limit the size of my personal wardrobe

you could modify your existing wardrobe? Prouctiveness is better than being lazy. You might find that you have a knack or liking for it, if you try

No, I wear them how I bought them. I am not so interested in fashion and besides, I also don't have the talent and creativity to modify my clothes. I also don't think that this fits to me. 

I don't alter clothes and don't generally buy from a thrift store. However, I do have unusual outfits. I have a large artificial raccoon tail, a shirt with an image of my fursona printed on both sides, and I have very colorful articles from a variety of places. I'm a very colorful raccoon femboy generally, especially when I'm outside the house. To me, every day is a good day to dress like I'm going to a furry convention!

I like to buy old military bomber jackets and sew emblems on them (other stuff as well).

And then wear them, of course

Edited by Guest

* can't say i have. the only time is when i've needed to, such as buying a pair of jeans that are a little bit too long and i will usually take them to a tailor so they can make them shorter.

* when i was in my teens and was going through my goth phase, i would wear a long, tight black coat with safety pin-styled buttons and patches of my favourite bands pinned on all over, but i've never done anything like that since.

i buy skinny jeans and rip them  to where I feel like they're comfortable also I threw bleach at a few of my own shirts to make it almost splatter painted i also ripped my shirts into tank tops and some other stuff its fun making things into something original and just more me

Edited by vampireponyprince
  • Brohoof 1

I am an artist with a mother who forced me to learn sewing and stitching. You do the math.  :)

Just kidding. In all seriousness, I make a decent number of my own clothes, and in the case of cosplays, my own fake weapons. I have a gold-accented black trenchcoat, with a vine-and-lotus motif on the back, with a plague doctor mask and steam-punk-esque rifle, which is really a highly modified Nerf gun. I originally had a wood, metal, and glass one, but... looked too realistic.  :okiedokielokie:

I just wear anything available, usually hoodies. But if I'm wearing a jacket with no hood, I can slap on a dark gray trilby or a classic brown long-brimmed fedora.

Dat business hat doe

• 3 years later...