Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite Fanfic?

cookiequester

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I've read The Jet Powered Pegasus, Branch Management, this one that I forgot the name of, and a PAC-MAN fanfic that had a character named King Galaxian. Out of those four, I'll say that Jet Powered Pegasus was my favorite. It was just so figurative and relaxing to read. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/302707/1/the-jet-powered-pegasus/the-jet-powered-pegasus

​K so after PonyLaces linked me to this one, it's my new favorite. It's the first sad one I've read, and it's the best out of the ones I've read. I didn't cry, but I would if I could. The feels are very real here. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/64779/1/happy-hearths-warming-eve-squirt/happy-hearths-warming-eve-squirt

Edited by gamecubeguy214

(edited)

Shipping and Handling, a Derpy fic that is a really great read, I actually found out about it from this song by Poni1Kenobi. It's a really good read, and it has a sequel titled Hocus Pocus, (That is a different genre of book, but connected by story) and I have yet to read most of it because of school and stuff lately, but so far I'm really enjoying it too.

I have read so many fics and this is one that I highly recommend.

Edited by Tryst

It was a fanfic that has been deleted but it was my first Starfox fanfic filled with action, romance, and strong female characters...I read it back when I was 13 and it was what got me into fanfiction in general.

I dont read Fanfics. The only Fanfic i did read was Cupcakes and that was just because i liked Pinkamena so much.

The Fanfic isnt really anything special and quite...without any point.

It feels unneccessary, has no real character and there is a lot of other Creepypasta Fanfics that are probably better, since Cupcakes is way to short and simple.

So, i actually dislike Cupcakes.

But since Cupcakes is the only one i have ever read and since it spawned a lot of Pinkamena Fanart and oh man, i LIKE Pinkamena ! 

So that means, Cupcakes is my favorite.

But just because of Pinkamena...even though shes not even supposed to be in the original fic. XD

I've only read five MLP fics and four were grimdarks. However, they weren't as good as this one Portal 2 fanfic called Blue Sky. I haven't finished it, but it's so far really good.

I enjoy Oskar Osakar/Emerald Gleaner series. Its about a Prototype crossover with mlp and has good character development and some pretty nifty stuff.

Sealand, on 13 Jun 2016 - 7:52 PM, said:

Fallout: Equestria, but I've gotten tired with some of its sidefics. I'm kind of hoping there's a decent post-FoE fic.

What are you looking for in such a fic? I also enjoyed Fo:E.

I enjoy Oskar Osakar/Emerald Gleaner series. Its about a Prototype crossover with mlp and has good character development and some pretty nifty stuff.

What are you looking for in such a fic? I also enjoyed Fo:E.

Just one that offered a change in environment or even change in genre. Fo:E and a few of its large sidefics were great, but I felt like a good deal of sidefics were boring or even cliche in some way. PH was great for the first half but then Blackjack turned from lovable crude hero into Mary Sue. It also reused its setting to hell that it basically became an annoyingly endless depression sink where stuff happens because "it's grimdark, lol".

Too many fics make the mistake of dumping too much grimdark into a story. If there's going to be conflict, it needs to be meaningful and character developing. New Pegas was an outright bomb as well. Heroes and MN7 were far more relatable and interesting; too bad the former is on hiatus indefinitely. Pink Eyes was good. Outlaw was different, at least.

The only FoE fic I am reading is Fallout Equestria: Chrysalis, mostly because it's the only significant FoE fic left that is concistently updating and is actually much different than standard grimdark FoE fics. It still has plenty of dark moments and gore, but it's not like it shoves it to you every single moment. The writer isn't like Kkat but he definitely has good writing skills, and he actually "updated" aspects of Fallout Equestria itself. Not lorewise (which has been jossed to hell since it's stuck in Season 2, but a few fics have tried to "update" the timeline as well), but there's different Fo4 stuff at least.

What I really want is people to stop spamming grimdark angst everywhere in their fics and actually update the lore to fit new canon and Fo4.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Definitely Background Pony. I absolutely love depressing angst soul crashing stories. Unfortunately there's not enough such stories even in anime, everyone seems like only enjoying delightful lighthearted stories, but they're not my thing:(

• Brohoof 1

”My Little Dashie” is one of my favourite fanfic, l even watched the ”My Little Dashie - The Movie” created by StormXF3, on the final scene l was crying and i couldn't stop crying.

There was this one Dragon Age 2 fanfic called Returning More than the Relic but I think the author has deleted it at some point since I can no longer find it anymore which sucks since I adored that fic a lot...

I really enjoyed reading Fallout: Equestria, however I'm also really into this fanfic called Piercing The Heavens currently still being written by a dude named Calm Wind over on FIMfiction. PTH has a very good mixture of slice of life chapters along with action-packed chapters too, with compelling, realistic characters. Just be warned, it's literally over 2 million words long, so if you start reading from the beginning (which is highly recommended) then you have a LONG way to catch up :-P

I also really liked this fan-made comic called Recall The Time of No Return, it's absolutely fantastic with an ending that will really punch you right in the feels. I remember having my eyes tear up just thinking about the ending literally hours later, it had hit me so hard in the feels. I highly recommend all three of the stories I've mentioned in this post, and even though the last one is technically a comic, it's still really good and you should go give it a read, give all three of them a read, please :squee:

Links to stories mentioned:
Fallout: Equestria- https://www.fimfiction.net/story/119190/fallout-equestria

Piercing The Heavens- https://www.fimfiction.net/story/194448/piercing-the-heavens

Recall The Time Of No Return- https://www.deviantart.com/gashiboka/art/Recall-the-Time-of-No-Return-page-link-library-541068613  

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I didn't expect you to be a Nyx supporter :wacko:

I will read this one day.

Well, she’s not my favorite, but I did read it a little while ago. :ButtercupLaugh: