Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite Fanfic?

cookiequester

(edited)

Maybe I'm just biased, but I tend to like the fanfics I write more than others. To be fair, I write to my interests, so maybe that isn't exactly surprising. This one is my favorite so far. I like to think I'm fairly decent at slice of life stories. I am getting better with plot, though, so maybe someday my BattleTech crossovers won't have the plot of a children's picture book. The combat is cool and the shenanigans are fun, but they're too simple and predictable. My first BattleTech story is just plain bad, to the point where I think it needs a complete rewrite. Those minor edits I did a while ago weren't nearly enough.

As for fanfics written by others, I've read very few of those, and liked even fewer. I don't have much time to read, so my "Read It Later" bookshelf on Fimfic is slowly filling up with stories that I'll never even open. I like the Mane Six Cuddle Simulator, but that barely counts as a story. I've only read the intro and Rainbow Dash chapter, anyway.

Edited by Booker

• 1 year later...

Twilight Valley, and Out of the Shadows. Two fantastic Land Before Time fanfictions with a heavily dramatic, action-filled edge. When I think of ideas some might consider 'odd', but executed amazingly, those fics are always the first to jump to my head. They're heavy inspirations for some of my own story ideas. :fluttershy: Y'know, if I can ever stop procrastinating :-P

(FAIR WARNING: If you seek out these stories yourself, I have to warn you they're pretty violent. ESPECIALLY Out of the Shadows)

In terms of MLP fanfiction, the one that held my attention most was JusSonic's Total Drama Equestria. It wasn't perfect (I had MANY issues with Scott and Alejandro's writing...), but it was overall a super great and fun story with a fascinating overarching plot. :twi:

I haven't read fanfics other than fallout equestria, due to my love for the classic fallouts. Not that trash bethesda puts out, with the exception of new vegas, of course, which is the real fallout 3 for me. But, yeah. I abandoned fallout equestria less than a quarter into my reading.

So, that would be the closest to my "favorite". Though, it still needs some work, to put it politely.