Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trends in the fandom you wish would just die

Bendy

What are some of your personal trends in the fandom you wish would just die. A fab, a trend of things that people jump onto and create stuff around it's premise, before it fade away into obscurity.

Some stuff of it made here now and then, but it doesn't get much attention, but then it suddenly does for some reason and it walks into the spotlight like a walking dead zombie, before walking away again back into the shadows. Get's a lot of attention before being cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came into obscurity.

Top three things.

Evil Celestia Fan Fiction (3) ... stories where somehow the quite possibly the most good pony in the show is turned into a monstrous tyrant.

Human vs. Pony (2) ... been done to death and never has been good. It's either humans are all bastards or ponies are all bastards. The stories have no middle ground, it's either kill all the humans or kill all the ponies. It seems impossible to find a story where there is shades of grey, where both sides reach a compromise after the war. 

The Conversion Bureau (1)... throw it into the sun. Pretty much exactly the same as human vs pony, only even worse. The message is the same, it's either humans are all bastards or ponies are all bastards. ... That or it's the 'evil humans' are evil for fighting against the good and 'friendly alien invaders' that want to kill convert them all.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 9

"Celestia is a tyrant" and "Pinkie Pie is a murderous psychopath" can go fuck off

Twilight outliving her friends.   Despite, you know, the staff saying otherwise.

This too

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 11

What are some of your personal trends in the fandom you wish would just die. A fab, a trend of things that people jump onto and create stuff around it's premise, before it fade away into obscurity.

Some stuff of it made here now and then, but it doesn't get much attention, but then it suddenly does for some reason and it walks into the spotlight like a walking dead zombie, before walking away again back into the shadows. Get's a lot of attention before being cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came into obscurity.

Top three things.

Evil Celestia Fan Fiction (3) ... stories where somehow the quite possibly the most good pony in the show is turned into a monstrous tyrant.

Human vs. Pony (2) ... been done to death and never has been good. It's either humans are all bastards or ponies are all bastards. The stories have no middle ground, it's either kill all the humans or kill all the ponies. It seems impossible to find a story where there is shades of grey, where both sides reach a compromise after the war. 

The Conversion Bureau (1)... throw it into the sun. Pretty much exactly the same as human vs pony, only worse. The message is the same, it's either humans are all bastards or ponies are all bastards. ... That or it's the 'evil humans' are evil for fighting against the good and 'friendly alien invaders' that want to kill convert them all.

Wait... aren't they things YOU always talk about? XD

• Brohoof 7

1. all of the clop-stuff.

2. horrible cosplays. a dude trying to dress up as a pony just does. not. work.

3. there is no third point I can think of right now...but it just looks cooler like this.

• Brohoof 4

Pinkamena, Celestia seen as a tyrant (this is from a Luna fanboy) headcanons being taken WAY too seriously and ships being treated as canon and prompting a temper tantrum when challenged.

Got no problems with shipping and headcanons just settle down when someone disagrees :/

• Brohoof 7

Ponies with modern weapons, like an AR-15 variant or driving tanks, and using those weapons on other ponies, I'm sorry but they don't look the part of an elite warrior, and it looks to depressing seeing ponies in bloody art, or reading gory fan fiction, as a military brony, I find ponies in modern warfare settings unsettling, but if you are going to do these things, have some respect for real servicemen out there. 

• Brohoof 3

Or at least the ones that don't age him up first.

Yeah, that's why Raryspike shipping is my least favorite. People tend to threat it as it will go somewhere farther than a one-sided childish crush. But it's not because interspecies is squick to me (I don't mind it actually), but it's because of not only Spike being too young, but also, as a dragon, will age slower. 

Pinkamena, Celestia seen as a tyrant (this is from a Luna fanboy) headcanons being taken WAY too seriously and ships being treated as canon and prompting a temper tantrum when challenged.

Got no problems with shipping and headcanons just settle down when someone disagrees :/

Yeah, I didn't comment to shipping and headcanons because people are free to have them. I confess I don't like most of them, but I respect other people's thoughts, but I HATE them forcing them as facts and making them serious business  >_>

The thing that I really want most gone is hypnotizing yourself to be a pony. The reason I say this is because it is down right STUPID (Sorry if you have done it, I am directing any hate towards anyone, I just don't like the idea). Now, I have read the disclaimer several times over and I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantage. I would rather read a whole terms and conditions than hypnotise myself as a pony. Now, to quote Jeff Foxworthy:

"Nine times out of ten, the side-effects are fifty times worse than what the thing cures. It's like, "Try new Fluorofluor. For itchy, watery eyes, it's Fluorofluor. Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seporiasoriasis, itching, chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home... feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, clubfoot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving and sexual dysfunction." I'm watching it, going, "You know what? I'll just have itchy, watery eyes..."

Edited by cpl_dixon
  • Brohoof 2

Braindead Celestia hate. And any general mistreatment of characters people don't like and their fans. It's just distasteful and malicious. I can't stand EQG, but you don't see me mistreating the characters or their fans.

• Brohoof 8

I would like to see the fandom take Pinkie's "Pinkamena" side into account without automatically making her a psycho killer in fan art and such. Can't we just show her being sad?

Nope. This fandom was made on 4chan. Stop dreaming.

• Brohoof 1