Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you struggle with mental illness?

PinkieatHeart

I probably have one. It seems like just about everybody here has a mental illness, so statistically speaking I should have one as well.

I don't struggle with it though. I mean, I've been sad before, but I don't think that means I struggle with mental illness? ...Unless if it does mean that?

I have asperger syndrome it is a part of me and has partially shaped me into the person I am now probably have some other disorders I don't understand yet but I am fine though my obsession with empire is most interesting

I got diagnosed pretty recently a severe case of anxiety, I'm also depressed.

I struggle with both of those things every day, and the worst thing on my case is that I have this weird habit of whenever I'd get those bad thoughts about myself (pretty much all the time) I'd lock myself up somewhere isolated from anyone, doing nothing but just trying to calm down and avoid getting a panic attack, It became extremely hard for me to live currently, I just wish I could make everything stop.

I don't have any mental disorders far as I know. But some family members suspect I have ADHD or a form of it because I literally cannot stand still, have a short attention span, and sometimes I just pace/run around the entire house for 10 minutes because I have so much energy. Not sure if that counts as a mental illness, but whatever!

I'm also pretty darn weird, I guess. And I have godawful self esteem.

I've been diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. In terms of it affecting my personal life, I have no rl friends from fear of people, self-esteem is pretty low, and I'm usually in a bad mood.

In terms of improving my moods I just learned to make a joke out of everything, it actually works wonders, when it does work at least.

I'm also seeing a therapist (every few weeks I guess?) and supposed to get medication from a doctor tomorrow (Monday) so....  :adorkable:

I think I might have depression, but I haven't been to a doctor, so nothing has been confirmed. I'm working out on what to tell him/her, because I've never been good with talking about my feelings.

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder too. I also have depression.

There are times where I think I may have something other than depression as my depressive states don't last very long at all and happen for no reason (a couple of days at the most) I will then suddenly feel fine/happy for no reason (not manic, just happy)

Edited by Conspiracy.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid. However, I'm pretty sure other mental illnesses have popped up in my life since then. However, my psychiatrist passed away many years ago and I haven't been to one since (I don't know when she passed away, but the last I remember going was 7th grade). I can not say I handled my four years at high school well at all, and I can definitely say I did not handle my life post high school well, either. I definitely still needed one. Needed one in my post-high school life is quite the understatement.

I have ADHD.

I don't struggle with my illness; I have mastered and conquered it. For years now, I have used self-feedback, meditation and lots of practice in order to remain focused and control my abnormal levels of energy. Turns out that I'm more productive than ever; I achieve great results in school, and impress my peers and superiors at work by focusing myself and fuelling my ambitions with a little bit of mental effort.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I struggle with Asperger's myself. It hasn't hindered me a lot, but i sometimes i can be kinda clumsy and forgetful, not to mention i do have a bit of a hard time when it comes to learning certain stuff

I am presently suffering from depression (not sure if it is bad enough to be medicated yet), I also suffer from the occasional panic attack. I guess in the strictest terms of what defines a "mental" illness, then yes. I do. For anybody struggling with your own brain, I hope you are able to get some help (via chemical intervention or other means). Even with our issues, we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for!

Diagnosed: 

Autism

Depression

Anxiety

Not diagnosed but should be: 

Borderline Personality Disorder

Schizophrenia. (Or possible schizoaffective)

I am probably not diagnosed with schizophrenia because I lied to my psychologist. I was afraid that I would be force medicated, and I don't trust medication. 

I have yet to be diagnosed, but multiple people have told me I show several signs of depression, or at least some sort of mood disorder. I'm not sure is misophonia counts, but I know for certain I struggle with that.

I don't think I really have any mental illnesses. I do get some social anxiety every now and then, but I've learned to overcome my fear. However, I was put on medicine for fungus on my toenails, and it made me have major mood swings and massively enhanced anxiety. I'm no longer on it, thankfully. Oh, the things drugs can do to you :)

• 1 month later...

Yup since day one. It's what makes me feel like the only person in the world. Whenever I meet someone I'm like: "It's going to be the same as last time". It gets kind of old realizing that your days are like Groundhog Day, same things everyday. Struggling with trying to change but unable to conform.

The greatest minds of the world have had some form of mental disability, from others ridiculing to being completely alone thinking thoughts with no one to share with. People are afraid of the loners, hurting them and making them feel less and unworthy of life. People are pretty evil, and when you're surrounded by it on a daily basis it makes the problem continue on a worser scale. It's like being homeless and people walk by you in superiority, the only contact is cruel remarks like "Ew get away from them". You start to believe everyone's the same as the next, you forget how to live and start to rebel.

So yeah, I do. At least I'm trying to be unique and stray away from sameness, being different than human, something not of this world is the best change the world needs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok this is gonna be a little weird, first I don't suffer from anything of the mind. This means I know nothing of what any of you suffer, anyway I don't want to sound condescending or rude but a few people I know who suffer from X try to well push it down my neck. Why I am not sure and I don't ever want to think ill of them but I am not sure why? I'd like to think they are above craving attention but then... eh I don't know but anyways all you persons who suffer from issues well you have my support weather I know you or not.

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

Ive been battling w an illness that not being diagnosed as anything xbut its symptoms are random blankings of the mind a high rush of blood pressure boost of adrenaline hallucinations violence and boost in strengths and abnormalm abilities to me also shows depression Anyone know what it is give me a cqll cause all I call it is eclipse

Well so far only depression. There are other tings I have yet to tell my Psychologist and will see a psychiatrist soon so maybe will tell her.

But so far it's been said that I have 

dysthymia (low grade depression but can last years)

OCD 

other than that, nothing else as far as I'm concerned.