Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stereotypes about Bronies that you disprove?

joshuachasseur

The stereotype that we all love and tolerate.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/146531-the-fine-brothers-are-trying-to-copyright-reaction-videos/

Just look at all the comments breaking down the situation and logically trying to determine the future outcome and if it will work.

Oh wait, nevermind. It is a thread made of a noticeable amount of concentrated hate. We have no right to hold the title of 'love and tolerance'.

We're humans that like a TV show that nobody thought we would. Not another species of advanced mental condition.

----

Don't get me wrong, I love this fandom to pieces. I have gained many friends, and have gathered more inspiration than I could have otherwise imagined. But we aren't all a phenomenon community of only people who mean well for everyone. We, like all people, are subject to getting caught up in a moment, or an emotion that will make us say something brash, harsh, or downright hateful.

We can be pretty darn awesome, but we ain't perfect.

Edited by Toothpaste

I'm quite active as a fencer, and I work out to complement that. I also don't have a neckbeard or fedora. Sadly, though, over the past months I didn't work out enough or eat very healthy due to moving and the entirety of December, so I am actually a bit overweight at the moment.

Since autism seems to be considered stereotypical for bronies, I also disprove that since I'm not autistic.

1. I'm Asian and clean-shaven (stereotype that most Bronies are Caucasian with neckbeards)
  2. I'm very active (swimming, running, basketball, weight-lifting) and am in the normal weight range (stereotype that Bronies are overweight).
  3. I don't have any mental problems and am a very outgoing person (stereotype that Bronies are all Autistic and antisocial).

If you were to meet me in real life, I don't think that the term "Brony" would be the 1st thing that would come to your mind. Even my boss was shocked when she found out that I liked the same show as her daughter  :o

(Redoing mine, as I don't like my original post/decriptions...)

1. I am Female (As some people assume that females are not active in the fandom)

2. I do not fall under the "Pedophile, overweight, fedora-wearing" brony stereotypes.

3. I do NOT draw.look at clop/pony R34.I personally get quite a scare when seeing it.

Although I fall under some stereotypes (I'm antisocial, not very active, and am not straight), I disprove a few.