Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What game(s) need a modern day reboot or revival

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

There are many games in this world that, while being really good or having very unique concepts, they are forgotten about in time. Tis' the circle of life for some video games and it is a sad thing. There are games that are sooo awesome yet never see the light of day again. Here, we can share some of these. What are some games that you feel should be revived for modern day? It could be as simple porting the game to new systems or full blown remakes or sequels. 

Here are a couple for me:

Windjammers

A Neo Geo arcade game that was essentially a take on Pong, but it looks friggin' awesome. I never actually played it but I discovered it recently on YouTube and this is a game that I feel would be amazing today, even if it was just ported. It looks incredibly frantic, fast paced and fun. 

Stubbs the Zombie

This was a comedic zombie game where you actually played as the zombie. The gameplay, while seeming simple at first, was addicting as you would create a zombie army throughout the levels to dispatch of foes more easily, as well as having your own combat abilities as well. I feel like this game would be a massive hit in the modern day and I am surprised that Microsoft has not brought this one back. 

• Brohoof 1

Banjo-Kazooie. Kept with it's low-poly, cheerful art style. And an adventure-platform game, not something like that bullshit Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts vehicle-based game. 

• Brohoof 2

I miss this game so much. There were a few tracks, and a few characters. I always wanted to see a much more expanded sequel, but that never happened. 

Banjo-Kazooie. Kept with it's low-poly, cheerful art style. And an adventure-platform game, not something like that bullshit Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts vehicle-based game. 

This too. WE NEED BANJO-THREEIE GODDAMMIT!!!!

First thing that comes to mind is Master of Orion and Master of Orion 2. While there's been a lot of space 4x games, I don't think any game since then really measures up. I'd also really love to see some new Age of Empires games.

There's a futuristic racing franchise with a certain birdman that's in dire need of a new game right now

Oh, what I wouldn't give to see Captain Falcon and the Blue Falcon back in action IN 4K! Or FHD, either's fine with me. Also, STAR FOX. They had better make Star Fox Zero worth it, because Command was a fail (it's an on-the rails shooter, not an RPG!)

People have been asking for Darkstalkers 4/Vampire Savior 4 for a while. The characters are familiar enough. Morrigan & Felicia are ambassadors of the franchise. Either a BlazBlue level of animation brilliance or a 3D fighter along the lines of Dead Or Alive or DBZ: Budokai would be welcome. We haven't had a new console game since '97. 

One that looked like a lot of fun but was left on a cliffhanger was Psi-Ops: the Mind Gate conspiracy. HD remake that shiznit. The game even had it's own music video. 

Other titles include:

Crimson Skies- Sky pirates during the great depression. Who doesn't want that?

Jet Set Radio- If you haven't heard, it's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 + Splatoon + Mirrors Edge. Or the Air Gear anime if you've watched it.  

Colony Wars- A space combat game that had quite the lore & universe. Even had multiple endings. And came on two discs! 

Babylon 5: Into The Fire- A space combat sim. Technically not a reboot/revival since it was cancelled.  A game based off the hit 90's sci-fi series, starring the same actors, directed by the same crew, even had the shows original composer.  Then corporate restructuring happened and the game was shelved a few months form release. With the succsess of games like Mass Effect, this could revive the franchise. 

White wolf: World Of Darkness franchise- A series of action RPGs where you play a supernatural creature navigating a darker, more goth punk parallel to our own world, fighting corruption, both supernatural and man made. There was one console game, Two PC releases (one of them scrapped) & an MMO that took forever, only for the results to be a bunch of pissed off devs, clueless project heads, and a cancelled game. 

Robotech/Machross: Battlecry- You get to pilot a transforming mech during an alien invasion of earth in a third person shooter. What's not to like? 

WWF: No Mercy- Hailed as the greatest wrestling game ever made. Slap on some HD graphics & we're golden. 

Battleship (not the movie one): Played much like the old board game, but had some pretty good CG cut scenes for it's time. If you make a historical campaign w/ inspiration from command & conquer, you could have a nice, gritty revival. 

House of the Dead- With Resident Evil going off the rails, it's time to show Capcom how to do a zombie/monster shooter right.  The graphics & voice acting for the first three games are dated beyond compare.  Give them a visual update, like was done for RE1 for the game cube, and keep it a rail shooter, you just might make zombie games scary again. 

Mischief Makers- A rather challenging platformer for the N64. A graphics update and you'll have yourselves a cult hit. 

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters franchise- With the revival of the franchise (despite the crap movie), interest is reinvigorated int he G-man. Put out another fighting game already.

Digimon world: The franchise has strayed this way and that with it's RPG adventure style. Going back to roots should be best. Raise a digimon so it evolves into your desired partner, live through the repeated cycle of life, death and rebirth, go on quests, get crazy items and defeat the bosses.  It's part RPG. Part sim. 

Bloodrayne- You get to play as a hot vampire. And kill a bunch of people. Revive this so our last memories of the franchise aren't the god awful movies. 

Gundam: Battle Assault- Seems like the last game to reach U.S. shores was Dynasty Warriors. And while fun, it's still better to have the fighting game that introduced fans to the universe beyond Gundam Wing. So, bring us a new one already! We haven't had one since Gundam Seed was still a thing!

Star Wars: X-Wing/Tie Fighter- Another Space combat sim. Pick your side and kill the other one. So, pretty much Battlefront 2 meets Rogue Squadron. And speakign of...

Star Wars: Republic Commandos- A pretty gritty FPS from the POV of the clone troopers. Ahead of it's time in a few regards. HD remake! 

Dino Crisis- Think Resident Evil, but with Dinosaurs & more puzzle solving (and better voice acting). Either HD remake or turn it into a rail shooter for added scares.

Armored Core- More giant robots. New game hasn't hit the states in awhile.  Perfect opportunity!

That is all. For now... 

Timesplitters. Gimme a HD collection. Or something. Anything. I never got to experience online multiplayer which I hear was amazing.

People have been asking for Darkstalkers 4/Vampire Savior 4 for a while. The characters are familiar enough. Morrigan & Felicia are ambassadors of the franchise. Either a BlazBlue level of animation brilliance or a 3D fighter along the lines of Dead Or Alive or DBZ: Budokai would be welcome. We haven't had a new console game since '97. 

Star Wars: Republic Commandos- A pretty gritty FPS from the POV of the clone troopers. Ahead of it's time in a few regards. HD remake!

Crimson Skies- Sky pirates during the great depression. Who doesn't want that?

Oh my god I can't believe I forgot these, definitely franchises I want to see more of

Other games I'd love to see:

Rival Schools

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Megaman Legends 

Viewtiful Joe

Hell I think my list would consist of tons of Nintendo and Capcom properties that could use a second life

• Brohoof 1

We need a new Star Wars RPG like The Old Republic games. I don't count the mmo as a real Old Republic game.

I would also say we need a new Mount and Blade game, but they are actually making one that is supposed to release this year. Yay!