Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why so few Orange ponies?

Sporemane

This is just something I noticed in the show. I can only think of three characters in the show that have orange as a primary color. Scootaloo, Apple Jack, and Cheeses Sandwich. What do you think, is orange a under used color in MLP character designs?

Never thought about that. I think there are a handful of members of the Apple family who are orange. And of course, the Oranges lol.

Orange? what about green? :huh: . Not mint, GREEN

Tree Hugger. ;)

Orange? No. Green and natural colors are the least common.

All colors are natural colors. =_=;

But in the way of brown ponies, we have: Troubleshoes, Time Turner, Mayor Mare, Mrs Harshwhinny, Doc Top, Filthy Rich, Grub Hoofield, Sherrif Silverstar, Apple Brown Betty, Apple Cobbler, Apple Top, Igneous Rock Pie, Golden Delicious, Action Shot, Big Wig, Charged Up, Dousie Dough, hinny of the hills, Mjőlna, pretty Vision, Sunny Smiles, Biff, Black Stone, Caboose, Coco Crusoe, Concerto, Davenport, Dance Fever, Dirtbound, Frederick Horseshoepin, Full Steam, Globe Trotter, Haakim, Jėsus Pezuńa, Jim Bean, Kazooie, Lincoln, Duke of Maretonia, Match Game, Meadowsong, Night Watch, Parcel Post, Pigpen, Sealed Scroll, Temple Chant, Crescent Moon, Jack Hammer, Stellar Eclipse, Crafty Crate, Dumb-bell, Hoops, Tight Ship, Big Shot, Compass Star, Cool Beans, Trenderhoof, Brass Blare, Cherry Spices, Chocolate Sun, Flank Sinatra, Golden Gavel, Peanut Pastry, Rare Find,

Green ponies: Wensley, Tree Hugger, Lady Justice, Tree Sap, Emerald Beacon, Merry May, Buddy, Evergreen, Lyra Heartstrings, Skyra, Tropical Storm, Bittersweet

Just google mlp ponies, and all names and pics are in the Wiki

The Oranges are orange. I mean i guess if they were red or something that wouldn't really work....

Though in all seriousness, Orange is just a color that can really stand out. Putting orange in a background character makes the viewer get a bit distracted from the central action. At least in my Opinion.

Edited by icyfire888

I feel like there are actually quite a few orange ponies, but it might not be the most common colour just because it clashes with most other colours and is not a particularly "girly" colour. However, green and normal horse colours are actually quite underused, probably for the same reasons, and maybe because they just don't stand out as much.

Yes but as a whole compared to the slew of pink, blue, white, orange and purple ponies over the last three decades, non-mint green, brown, gray, red and black ponies are still uncommon and that does make them stand out more and their merchandise is more desirable because of it.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Are you saying orange is the new black.

DID YOU JUST-

Orange? what about green? :huh: . Not mint, GREEN 

Haha, I'm pretty sure I've seen a "Why so few green ponies" thread around here somewhere.  :D

Back to the topic... Do Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle count?

DID YOU JUST-

Haha, I'm pretty sure I've seen a "Why so few green ponies" thread around here somewhere.  :D

Back to the topic... Do Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle count?

Oh yes I did 

Sunset Shimmer was orange for sure when she went to Equestria.

• Brohoof 2