Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

Yes, or at least I do at the moment, I can't speak for myself in the future. The answer to that used to be no, but for some reason I've been warming up to the idea more and more, I see kids in the street with their parents and rather than find them annoying like I used to I find them adorable and I imagine myself with my own. I don't know what triggered that change but well, I still have plenty of time to consider it.

No, hell I need to stable my own life first. So I'm not in a rush to have any nor care about passing my generation down anytime soon.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I would like children some day. 2 children, a boy and a girl, would be ideal for me. I do worry about it though, like will I be a good mother because I've always felt a little awkward around kids, like what do I say to them? I would hope instinct would kick in with my own children, and obviously by the time they would be able to talk I'd know them well enough to manage I think. I also worry about pregnancy and birth and all that because I've seen things that have made me realise, it's not going to be fun...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

how is the current economy of my country would not bring a child to the world to suffer, even so I am not interested ... :huh:

cruel as it may sound I have noticed a clear dependence on the part of the parents, they '' go out of their way '' for these little angels :huh:... it's almost like being a slave to someone who could be a good son or could be a complete garbage . because yes, there are children who treat their parents badly and do not take into account that parents, even if sometimes the parents are annoying or embarrasing of you, but they want the best for you and they make an effort for YOU to be happy, they are capable of humiliating themselves as long as your child is well ... no one, not even a couple, could love you as much as your parents would love you. 

As I said before, many children and teenagers do not see this :dry: they only see what they want to see, that sense of being "ungrateful" is ... it's ugly. :maud: and just the thought of pregnancy ... the nausea (I hate the feeling when I vomit), labor pains, childbirth, crying, pick popo, bathe it so it smells beautiful, dress it well because I want my son to see Well, got a good education for them (which is money) ... I will probably a good mother, but thinking about all that seems like an unnecessary headache. :maud:

I think the closest thing to a child for me would be a small cat or a dog that is more faithful. :squee:

On 17/3/2016 at 11:32 PM, LostButterflyUtau said:

Honestly, I do not think I want children. I just think, in my heart, it's not the right choice for me. YES, I want to fall in love and get married, but I feel I would be happy with just me and my husband. There are so many things I want to do and places I want to go that just won't be an option if I was to have a child.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love working with kids. I'm training to be a teaching assistant and I'm a party entertainer (I dress up as Elsa and soon, Rarity, and make appearances at birthday parties). I love teaching kids something new, or making them smile with a song, but I also like the part where I can give them back so they can bother their parents. I'm the same way with my god-daughter, I love her to death. She reminds me a lot of me as a kid, in that she's very bright and creative and out there. So, I like spending time with her and showing her new things and just making her smile, but I also realised in spending time with her, that I just could not do the mum thing 24/7/365. I don't think I could deal with having a little human who relies on me for everything and having my entire life revolve around them.

I'll admit it. I'm a selfish witch. I like having the freedom to move about and do what I want when I want within reason without worrying about school or activities or daycare or money in terms of having to balance living expenses with kid expenses. I like coming home and it being quiet and clean and just me. And, also, the idea of being pregnant scares and disgusts me personally. I mean, you're basically sick for a whole year, and your body is doing things you have no control over and you're hot and miserable and throwing up and overall run down...And then afterwards you have this thing you have to take care of for 18+ years? And all your dreams of travel, a sex life and any time for your marriage go out the window. Plus, it would be way too hard for me to get my body back because my metabolism isn't exactly fast and that just adds another layer of stress because if I was to get pregnant and get fat, my husband would leave (because no one wants to have sex with that, according to some of the men I know) and I'd be all alone. Only this time with a baby. No thank you. 

Now, I'd also like to add that, even though I feel this way personally and would not seek motherhood as a path for myself. I have nothing -- absolutely nothing -- against parents. Unless of course, one has kids for the wrong reason or is just not being a parent. But, overall, I think it's totally awesome if people choose to go down the path of parenthood and want to have and raise kids. That's cool. However, I also think the opinion needs to go both ways. I can't tell you how many people have said awful things to me and made me feel like a horrible woman because I decided I don't want kids. Or they're like, "Oh. You'll change your mind once you fall in love and have sex." Um...No? Not everyone who falls in love and marries has to have a family. Besides, I work in retail and do extra things for my education class and I can tell you there are PLENTY of kids around where I live. Me not having one will not harm the population.

completely agree with you

Edited by Berry-Bliss-Sundae
  • Brohoof 1

Earlier, I always said no, because it's such a huge commitment and you have to stay with one partner the whole time, and I didn't think I could love anyone enough for that, I just never really met someone I could imagine spending my whole life with. But I think I kinda changed my mind, because I met like two girls I could imagine spending my life with lately, sadly it wasn't possible for several reasons, but that's okay. 

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 3:51 AM, Victoria Sponge said:

Yes, I would like children some day. 2 children, a boy and a girl, would be ideal for me. I do worry about it though, like will I be a good mother because I've always felt a little awkward around kids, like what do I say to them? I would hope instinct would kick in with my own children, and obviously by the time they would be able to talk I'd know them well enough to manage I think. I also worry about pregnancy and birth and all that because I've seen things that have made me realise, it's not going to be fun...

I actually remembered what you told me once, you said you wanted children to make your relationship stronger and ensure they'll always be with you. I couldn't really relate when you told me that, but now I really see what you mean.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/11/2018 at 2:47 PM, Shabb3r said:

I think I could handle two young daughters, provided that they share similar interests and lifestyles as I do.

But to be honest even at 20 years of age it's still too early to tell. I can fully rethink this decision after marriage.

That's a decision that needs to be made before marriage.

Babies are the biggest false advertisement ever. They start out cute but then they start the smell, make messes, talk back to you, drain your bank account, and drive you crazy. Hopefully you survive the experience before your hair falls out or you turn gray and frail.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/13/2018 at 7:17 PM, Kings&Hooves14 said:

Loud, stinky, dirty, expensive life-suckers (that turn into teenagers)? Yeah...I'll pass. :okiedokieloki:

I'll never know how the hell my parents put up with me.

Oh yeah, my own teens where awful, worst time of my life. Don't wanna go through that again :scoots:

11 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Babies are the biggest false advertisement ever. They start out cute but then they start the smell, make messes, talk back to you, drain your bank account, and drive you crazy. Hopefully you survive the experience before your hair falls out or you turn gray and frail.

Expectation vs reality in a nutshell  :dash:

You know? I think one crucial time that soured me on the idea of having a baby, is that it's worth cheating on your partner just to have a child.

A friend of my mom had trouble getting pregnant, and we discovered her husband cheating on her, presumably to pass his genes. I think it's petty, and wrong to put something like that over good morals and a trusting partner :dry:. Now I see the need for reproduction the same way as Psycho Mantis does

• Brohoof 1

Nooo. No, not really. Absolutely not biological children at least; my fear of intense pain (=childbirth) will never let me and I don't really even feel bad about it as it's completely possible to die during childbirth. I'd much rather adopt if I ever change my mind about having children, though so far my approach is that I don't want any.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I don't plan on having children, considering the amount of physical and mental health issues that I possess. At least half of my issues are genetic and I don't want another soul to endure the things that I have.

Edited by Cash In

i love being around children,they're just so genuine and unbredictable and more or les pure fun,
but having my own?its a big responsibility to undertake,thankfully it requires two to get them so hopefully one day i'll find the 2nd

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Let's hypothetically say I find a woman who is interested in me, which is rather unlikely. I'm not sure if I'd be the greatest father. Sure I'd love my child(ren) and always be there for them, but its not something I feel I'd ever be prepared for. I'd much rather be alone, but in control of my own destiny.

• Brohoof 1