Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

Honestly? No. I've got such a predisposition to mental illness, I wouldn't want to pass that down to my kids, especially how cruel the world can be to those who aren't defined by the definition of "normal". It's not that I'm not caring, I just rather not have a child with some mental illness/disability struggle a lot more than other kids in the world, plus I don't think I could provide well considering my own issues.

I don't want someone that struggled the same, if not worse, problems that I did.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:46 PM, ~Dusky~ said:

I just posted here recently, I know, but my opinion has changed slightly. I'm starting to sort of want to adopt a kid, maybe. My opinion changed after watching an episode of Criminal Minds. Specifically, the episode where Agent Morgan's kid is born and he leaves the BAU to take care of his little boy. :) I don't know why but it made me think that I might sort of want to adopt one (because I don't need my bad genes going around, plus it helps a kid in need :D Oh and also two guys can't reproduce).

I kinda don’t like kids right now but you never know when you change your mind, you know??  I wouldn’t want to conceive children either but adopting was always something I thought of.  My mom or relatives would ask me if I wanted kids and I’d just puff up and yell “I’M ADOPTING”...  Hope you find a guy you’re comfortable enough with for potentially having kids one day, if that’s what you want!!!  You never know what the future will bring.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm being chemically sterilized thanks to my current treatment so that's out of the question. Even if I wasn't, I still don't want kids. Very high chance of them inheriting some of my bullshit, which I don't want.

• Brohoof 1

No. Simply put; no.

Why is that? Cause they are hard to deal with, and the adult who can admit that while knowing they can't deal with kids is a true adult in my eyes (as is the adult who CAN manage them; don't get me wrong). My biological mother didn't like kids and really couldn't handle me; which lead to me being adopted by my grandparents.

You have to not only want and love kids, but also have the mental, physical, and financial foundations to raise, support, and love them in. While my biological mother never raised me, I consider her a mother in that it took courage to give me up.

As for me? I'm not up to it; simply put. A few weekends ago we watched my grand-niece and I couldn't handle it. Sweet kid, but it just shows that it takes SO MUCH commitment to raise a kid. I value my 'me' time too much, and my nerves can only take so much. No thanks.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, The Historian said:

I'm being chemically sterilized thanks to my current treatment so that's out of the question. Even if I wasn't, I still don't want kids. Very high chance of them inheriting some of my bullshit, which I don't want.

How did you go with finding a doctor? I'm heavily leaning towards sterilization too as part of a long-term plan, but I heard far too many stories of some doctors refusing to give women a referral to someone who can do that.

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

How did you go with finding a doctor? I'm heavily leaning towards sterilization too as part of a long-term plan, but I heard far too many stories of some doctors refusing to give women a referral to someone who can do that.

I'm a transwoman. My treatment naturally stops my ability to have children. You really don't want to go my route...

I'm pretty solidly at "No" right now. I'm a bit grouchy nowadays, and being around children (especially young children) just irritates me. They're too loud and messy and gross. As I feel like I say pretty much anytime this subject comes up: "No thanks, I'm satisfied being an aunt."

I'd be lying if I said this is how I want to feel, though. I don't know what's going on with me these days. I mean I certainly shouldn't ever have a child myself, but I don't like my grouchiness.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Plus, did you know that kids are sociopaths? It's true. Explains a lot, don't it? :huh:

I possibly killed a newly born kitten when si was a kid :mlp_yeehaa:. Not exactly one of the things I’m most proud at :sunny:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

No, I love kids but I don't want a kid for many reasons.

1) afraid of pregnancy. i used to work for an OB/GYN and i seen some s t u f f. pregnancy would do a lot to my body, and i take great pride in my appearance so thats a big no from me. also there is so much that can go wrong, my life would be on the line, and the babys as well. if anything were to go wrong im not sure my mental health would be able to cope & not worth the risk.

2) babies are so darn FRAGILE. again, theres so much that could go wrong. i would never let it out of my sight and that isnt good for the kid because id be so worried for their safety theyd probably never have a second to breathe away from me!

3) i could never trust anyone with my child. i see so many stories in the news, and i know people who were abused as kids... that is my biggest fear if i ever had a kid.. and if someone ever dare hurt them, i would most definitely end up in prison for beating up whoever dare harmed my child. life in prison doesnt sound fun to me, so, pass.

4) im just too immature and selfish to be able to take care of a kid long-term. this is why i told my friends that i will be more than happy to babysit their kids for the weekend or so, & take care of them, because i am much better suited to be the "wine aunt" type. i like to have fun with my life, be free, & not tied down to anyone or anything. this is a commitment i cant make, and i dont think ill ever be ready.

that said, i do have maternal insticts every so often. but, when i do, its rather in the form of ADOPTING a child. i am 100% certain i refuse to endure pregnancy. adopting an OLDER child (just no babies, again, theyre way too fragile and scare me!) that really could use a loving home sounds much more appealing and realistic to me.

ideally, i wont have kids at all - but if i had a partner that DID want them, the two options would be, either we adopt, or they have a child from a previous partner. either way, i would love them all the same.

Not really, I know I would be an awful father and I would not want my children to go through it

Also I have to face the fact there is no woman that would want to go through the pain of birthing my children and living with me the rest of her life