Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I know people who say that having children was the best thing that ever happened to them, but I don't understand why because I haven't been there. There's a lot of things that I think would be painful about being a parent, but maybe there is something about it that's worth it. I don't know. My family is very expectant of everyone to get married and have kids, but I'm not sure that's what I want to do. It seems as though it would be more painful than joyful. There's a lot of problems that come with marriage and parenthood that could easily be avoided by abstaining from it all.

• Brohoof 2

I most definitely don't want children. At least, that's my mindset now. I'm not really a "kid person". I understand that people say it's different when you have one of your own, but the idea of it doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

I do, but not until I'm financially stable, and even then, no more than two. Even one will probably be enough, But, hell, I'm only 19, so I've got a little bit of time to decide.

• Brohoof 2

Eventually yes. At 23 I'm not prepared to sire children yet, not until I'm stable, settled and seen the world. Given the choice I would rather wait until I've got a solid career, chased my dreams and I'm a good deal wiser about the world. The bigger question for me is 'how many?' I don't think I would necessarily want more than one, the Earth's human population is already way too big. I'd be willing to adopt or foster on top of a biological child though, there are far too many homeless or orphaned children out there I'm sure.

• Brohoof 2

Having children is a huge responsibility; you have to take care of them, feed them, and making sure that they are raised correctly. Right now, I'm still trying to figure out how to raise a child in a way were I don't accidentally neglect them.

But if anything, in the near future, I would want to be able to be a mother of one kid, at the least :)

• Brohoof 3

* I don't plan on ever having kids. I absolutely hate them. People always tell me, "it's different when they're your own" but I honestly don't care. I don't want the hassle or the responsibility. I don't want the pain of child birth. The idea of something growing inside me makes me physically sick. My mum once told me about how one of her co-workers was saying how she loves being pregnant because she loves the feeling of the baby moving and I literally gagged thinking about it. Disgusting... I also had a girl at some place I went to who has a daughter, I would say to her I hated kids and never want any and she'd constantly be like, "you'll change your mind when you meet the right person" but I don't even want a relationship because they're too much hassle for me also.

* I probably sound like the most mundane and loneliest person right now but whatever. I've made my choices and decisions and I don't see why I should have kids just because, like others have said, I am expected to.

• Brohoof 4

If I ever acquire more than enough means to raise them and live comfortably, it's possible, but unlikely. People are very hesitant to trust me in high-paying professions, women are fickle, and if I do have one, there will be no brothers or sisters. There are just too many variables in play, and each new sibling increases the odds that at least one of them will take the Left Hand Path. And having my abilities with that.

I'd never forgive myself if I unleashed a RLSV upon the world.

Kids?

Never heard of that server...

But in all seriousness...no...kids are annoying as fuck. I agree with Candystrike though, it seems like everybody these days EXPECTS you to have kids, that's ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

Jesus, this is depressing how many people don't want children. That I can respect, it's your choice, but the reasons? Hating children? . . . Hating humanity?! What ARE you?! Actually, I know the answer to that question, you ARE humans that were once children!

To actually answer the question, yes, more than anything I want a family. I want to find the one who I'll spend the rest of my life with and together we'll raise two, maybe more, messy, fussy, crying, angry, high maintenance, happy, beautiful, wonderful, unconditionally loving and loved in return, children.

I have fantasies, full blown fantasies, of one day being a husband and father.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 9

No thank you. I do not have the patience.

Also I am intimidated by the responsibility of molding a functional human being.

I don't think I'd be very good at it. And I don't think enough people acknowledge this MASSIVE responsibility before having kids.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 5

Yeah, I think I want children sometime in the future, not too early though.

I have a friend who became a father recently, at the age of 17  :wacko:

Oh Jeez, I'm so sorry. I hope and pray his life can be a good one, not to mention that of his child.

No thank you. I do not have the patience.

Also I am intimidated by the responsibility of molding a functional human being.

I don't think I'd be very good at it. And I don't think enough people acknowledge this MASSIVE responsibility before having kids.

Oh that's disappointing to hear, I think you'd make a great mom, my friend.

• Brohoof 3

Oh Jeez, I'm so sorry. I hope and pray his life can be a good one, not to mention that of his child.

He's been trough a lot in his life, that's for sure. But he seems happy about it and his family and friends all support him  :)

• Brohoof 2

Oh that's disappointing to hear, I think you'd make a great mom, my friend.

LOL!! Why disappointing?

Nothing is lost by me not taking up a responsibly I don't want.

And literally no one other than you has been disappointed by this statement when it's brought up.

But I'm flattered you think I'd do a good job.

Edited by ShadOBabe

LOL!! Why disappointing?

Nothing is lost by me not taking up a responsibly I don't want.

And literally no one other than you has been disappointed by this statement when it's brought up.

But I'm flattered you think I'd do a good job.

Oh no, not saying you have to, I just think you'd be a good Mom is all. Perhaps "disappointed" was the wrong word to use, I'm sincerely sorry if I've offended.

• Brohoof 1