Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

Possibly, but certainly not now. Of course, I'm not even 18 yet, but I am currently considering my future from here on. I don't wanna raise one too early, nor too late.

If there's one thing I will never do is raise a son. Little boys are quite possibly the most annoying little shits on the face of the Earth in my opinion. I would possibly be a MUCH better parent raising a daughter instead, because I can tolerate girls for the most part. When it comes to that, I will go as far as to destroy the space-time continuum in order to be the best father possible. BUT... I need to find myself a girlfriend first.  :smug:

• Brohoof 1

I do not feel that it would be appropriate for me to have children because I do not believe I could provide a life for them as good or better than the life my parents gave me. There isn't really any other reason beyond that.

• Brohoof 1

Actually most of that crowding is due to poverty and other factors (China had poverty, education issues, and all that for a few decades and look what happened to their population), so technically having children or not having them isn't going to have a serious effect on "overpopulating" the planet. Most developed country-families have three or less children anyway, so the population doesn't seriously change. A massive amount of people choosing to not have kids or marrying very late, however, can be problematic.

Also the age 30 is the time where people really change, if you're just hanging out with people around 20-25, of course they're going to be all party guys and girls. You don't have to make the decision to start a family now, anyways, and in the not too distant future having children without actually getting pregnant is a very possible option (especially with potential breakthroughs and countries already experimenting with "three-parent babies").

I guess what I more meant to say was, "The people of the world disgust me and I'd feel guilty bringing another miserable person here"

But that sounds a bit dark, don't you think? So let's just say, why have kids when you can give one thats already here a home?

• Brohoof 2

I probably will, but honestly, I'm really, really bad with children. It usually ends with frustration and a crying child(Usually my younger sister) because I eventually yelled at 'em due to the build-up... :/

Honestly, I feel really bad when I remember all of it. Then I realize that the same things gonna happen tommorrow. And the day after that... 

Oh well. Just need to get better, I suppose, If I'm ever gonna have children of my own.

• Brohoof 1

My parents want me to have children and I don't want any personally. I would like a job with children but not to have one of my own.

I know I do want cats though..

• Brohoof 2

Probably not. Being a parent and raising children is probably the biggest responsibility of all time and it's one of the hardest things you can do. I absolutely would have no intention of bearing children unless I was emotionally, mentally, and financially ready and had a loving spouse I know would be ready and willing to work through it as a team, and I'm pretty far off from all of that. But I've just come to realize that, while I love most babies and small children, (teenagers not so much) I don't really like dedicating all of my time and resources to raising one or more. I'm also not terribly comfortable with the idea of pregnancy, so if I ever did change my mind about having kids, I'd probably be more inclined to adopt a baby in need instead of adding another mouth to feed in the world because I'm not terribly optimistic about the future.

At this point in time, I'm saying no to having children.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I never, ever want Children.

I dont even have any real life " normal " friends, which i can talk to...since i have problems with talking with people in general.

So, how am i even supposed to find a Girlfriend? Or be befriended with someone long enough, to have a relationship?

Also, how am i supposed to deal with kids? I suck at life, at pretty much anything, if my kids would come to me and would ask me stuff...i would probably just...i would have nothing to say. " How am i supposed to deal with Bullys? " Um...i dont know...i never dealt that great with them myself...

" How can i find out, with job is good for me? " ....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO NOW???  I failed at everything i wanted to be and had no idea what to do for years...

There, its just not possible.

Also, even if my talk problems would go away, i would never want any kids, i want to live the rest of my life in peace.

Its bad enough, that i get forced to befriend myself with people at work, which makes me uncomfortable every day.

I dont want to make my life even harder with kids.

Edited by Pink Flower
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want kids, personally, and it would be irresponsible of me to ever have any considering I have a physical limitation that is pretty much preventing me from being able to get a job.  I do help raise my little cousin, and I'm very good at it, and I love him to bits and it could be nice to have my own kids someday... but again, that would be pretty irresponsible of me.  Assuming I learn to trust someone enough to wanna have kids with them in the first place... and assuming they're the opposite gender or want to adopt... and assuming they make good enough money to support 3 people... yeah see it'd be very irresponsible of me to reproduce.

I'm rather ambivalent to this and it's curious that the type of women that get drawn to me or that I get drawn to are usually not the type to want children. If it were purely up to me, I'd say yes IF we can afford to raise a family. If we're just going to be chronically-stressed parents for any reason whatsoever then I would advise against it. Said reasons may include our own psychology as well as our economic stability. Parents who are emotionally stressed and fragile will only pass on their misery to their children. This is how trauma is passed down from one generation to the next and that just won't do.

Or my partner doesn't want kids and that'll be the end of that.

Edited by SunBurn

For me, this question I feel I'm indifferent at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids. They're so kind and innocent, well...depending on how they're raised. I want kids because I can show them what a role model I am, so that they can follow my lead and become role models to others and eventually, children of their own. Sadly, young people of my race, African American have become naive to the dangers of following the wrong crowd, and this goes to the kids I encounter right at my local YMCA. Having kids of my own would shine a small day of hope in this generation. I do not want to see the African American generation go down in infamy, so therefore, if I have children, I will teach them right so they can go out in this world to make a difference.

• Brohoof 1

Already have one and she's wonderful. Can't have any more though, sadly. Without going into details, I was in a bit of an incident and now I'm shooting blanks lol. There's always adoption for later though.

• Brohoof 2

I'm honestly quite surprised by a lot of the responses in this topic. It seems that an overwhelming majority of you guys do not wish to have children in the future. I respect your decisions 100% and am in no way judging or putting any of you down  -_-.

I've known for quite some time that I would like to one day settle down and start a family of my own. Of course, I need to get myself in a position where I have a stable career with a solid income that can support the family that I wish to support. Too many times I see people have kids w/o proper financial planning (kids are super expensive these days), so I want to make sure that I put myself in a position where I will never have to worry about those type of things. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I'd make a good parent, so... nope. I have a lot of dreams and goals I want to achieve, so I don't think I'd focus enough on kids, which would never work, because parents should give 100% of themselves to their children. I'd rather not be a parent than be a bad one, for sure.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really want children. Its a HUGE responsibility that I don't really want in my life. Plus kids are REALLY expensive and annoying as well.

Oh well. I might change my mind, but for now it is a nope for me.

Right now, I don't want to have them. I like living my own life the way I want to live it. I'm kind of done with bending my schedule around others' at this point and having kids means I'd be doing that 24/7.

Still, my girlfriend very much wants to have kids at some point so odds are I'll have to surrender my freedom at some point. I hope that day won't come too soon.

• Brohoof 2

It's not an obligation to make offspring, of course, and it's not morally wrong not to, but judging with the overwhelming "no"s from this topic the next few generations could very much be in danger if there aren't enough people having them either.

If China went with its one-child policy, for example, their age and sex ratios would be far too unbalanced and would add even more problems to just overpopulation. And that's just with everyone getting one child.

Taiwan, Japan, and Korea already experience issues with age ratio and not having enough children, and if they don't get enough they'll start losing their population instead along with its labor force and educational system. Japan's aging curve is bad enough that almost a quarter of its population is over 65.

Two children per nuclear family is pretty much the minimum for a stable population. Of course I can't generalize a population based off one site, but I am genuinely concerned if everyone feels like this.

I have too many physical and psychological issues. I love having time to myself and being in a quiet environment and I am non functional on low amounts of sleep.

Most of my friends, acquaintances, or peers have kids or want kids (and think my husband and I are very strange for not) so I don't think it's a problem for the majority of people, except for the countries mentioned. Although the 1 child limit in China to my understanding can be overruled if you pay an certain tax, or if you live in a rural area (especially if your first child is female or disabled...) The sex ratio is a real problem for them, especially because a lot of females are wanting to leave China or stay single and focus on their career.

• Brohoof 1