Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

It would be nice to be able to have kids some day, but I'm not ready for it yet... definitely not ready for it.

I dunno, it'd be weird being one of two fathers of my kids and that kind of holds me back from having children (adopting obviously)

I grew up lonely without siblings and I had to make bonds to call them my brother or sister. What I'm trying to say is, If I do want a child(which is a yes) They will have a brother or sister to live with.

I do want children and had to deal with bad ones too.(Ugh! I hate watching other people's kids) So maybe when I'm in my mid-late 30's. I'll settle down for some children.

In the meantime, I don't want to worry about marriage/children just yet. Right now, I just want someone special to spend some time with.

I personally do want kids, and for those that don't want kids then that's totally fine! I do enjoy kids and the idea of being a father and I have loved the idea of having a family for many years now. That being said, that is for me and not everyone should have to have kids. I do hate how society looks negatively upon those who do not wish to have children, because really it is up to the individual person. As long as they are happy withe their decision then there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. 

Luckily for me, I have found someone who I wish to spend my life with and we both have similar goals about wanting to start a family so that is how what I am going to do, because it is my life and I will make my own decisions. 

• Brohoof 1

Probably not. Having a child not only requires huge amounts of responsibility, but finical stability as well. At least if you want the child to live well and go to college. Plus I can be short-tempered at times.

• Brohoof 1

I'll have to get back to you on that one because I'm well aware that I dont tolerate little kids but then when I sit down and think about it, part of me kinda wants to have a kid of my own some day ...but i have mixed feelings about it all so for now I'll just say no and move one :D

Yes I do, I really want children. I want something to give my love to and that is a part of me and the persone I love the most, my husband. I am not married yet, and only fiveteen years old but I already think I know the right guy: my boyfriend frosty frost :D

But I'm also scared of getting children, I know and understand the responsibility and I think I could handle that since I am quite responsible but I'm scared of how my children will turn out. Since I have ADHD, dyslexia, and my little brother has autism, it means that I have the genes for all of those stuff and frosty has autism asswell. This means that my children will probably be autistic, and ADHD or dyslectic. This needs lots of attention, extra help and special stuff and I'm scared that I might not be able to give them that. I'm much to chaotic and I always forget my own things so how could I ever be able to help my children with that. I will probably be a terrible mother since I probably can't give them more as love and attention and not all the special things they'll need.

I'm probably over concerned and this will probably all be allright in the end and that doesn't mean that I don't want children.

But it does mean that I don't want lots of children. I want two since I think that it's not a good idea to have just one child because then they won't learn how to solve a conflict or how to share and play together. But I probably can't handle more as two children.

If I could chose then I would like the first child to be a boy so I can call him after my father. My father is called after his grandpa and his grandpa is called after his grandpa. That's why I want one of my children to be called after his grandpa. But I also want a girl to do all kinds of girly things with like shopping and such :D

• Brohoof 2

Do I want kids? I've always wanted kids. I have 4 now actually (quadruplets), and another on the way. Boy do they drive me crazy sometimes, but in an odd way I love when they do. Even when I'm on a "mommy break" I find myself wanting to go back to them. They mean the world to me, and even though I had them at a tender age (at 17 yrs. Please don't ever follow my example kids) I'm glad they came when they did.

I see some debate here and I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents....

Kids are not for everyone. You have to have A LOT of patience. When your baby is crying for hours on end and won't stop, when your toddler is throwing a tantrum and screaming at the top of their lungs, when your little ones keep climbing out of bed at night...it all takes a special type of patience. I just can never truly get ANGRY at my kiddies, I know they don't know any better. Sure, I get frustrated like every parent, but rarely do I get angry. Not everyone has that patience...and that's when child abuse happens. So whenever somebody tells me they don't want kids, I applaud them. Because frankly, I'm getting SICK of hearing about people who shouldn't even be parents beating/drowning/killing their kids on the news. Or  neglectful "parents" abandoning/leaving their kids.  Please don't have them if you don't want them.

That's all I guess.

Well, I don;t encourage having kids at that age, but I applaud you were wise enough to take responsibility and put you children in your top priority list. I've seen people far older than you who have children and who are still in the party life and don't take care of their children. My mom (rest in peace) had me at a relatively young age to (22, yes, way older than you, but she also had that advice of not have kids at that age) , and she put me and my bro ahead of everything else

You can't take parenthood back. Once you have a child, that's it, you've got one forever, it's your responsibility, your time, your money, and hopefully your love that's going to them. That's a lot of work, you are raising another living, breathing, thinking, feeling human being that is mostly helpless without you until they grow.

A child is not like a doll. Some people are unhappy with kids, some people don't love their kids, some people just can't deal with it. If somebody does not want children for any reason, they shouldn't have them, that could end up being harmful for not only themselves, but also their partner, and the child/children they have. Lives are not something to be toyed with, in my opinion you should only really have children if you really want them, and are capable of caring for them.

I don't hate kids, I like them, in small bursts anyway, but I'm not willing to potentially throw my own life away, and potentially bring some kid into this world when there's a good chance I could screw their lives up too. As for people who want kids but can't have any...I feel for them, I really do, that's really unfortunate, hopefully they can adopt or find some other way to make their dreams come true, but it is not my responsibility to raise a child just because they can't. I don't have to join a professional sports team just because a person who can't walk wants to but isn't able to.

Yes, I've seen too many "parents" being irresponsible overgrown children themselves, and I've realized parenthood is not for everyone. I doubt I'll be a parent, I have too much stuff I have to fulfill, as I hardly enjoyed my youth in the first place, and.... got other stuff to do before. I don't think I ever want children, but I don't discourage other people to have kids, but I think TOO many people nowadays are not taking this parenthood seriously, and expect them to be like toys and be disciplined on the get go 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Want? Yes, but my girlfriend can't have children, and I'm willing to accept that to be with her. 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, I'm actually scared of the concept of having kids myself. There's nothing wrong with having kids or kids in general, but the idea doesn't just quite appeal to me. Not yet anyways, because I might change my mind when I get older. Might. Maybe. The thing that terrifies me the most about having kids is probably giving birth. I'm usually really sensitive to pain and it's easy for me to faint, so it'd be a catastrophe. 

• 2 weeks later...

while children can be annoying sometimes. id still like to have them. they'll keep me from being aloof

Yes, though childbirth seems awfully scary. At least two, don't want my kid to be unsociable like me and suffer because of it :adorkable:

i didnt want to be dead after that stage

(edited)

Every time I've ever encountered children, they were nothing but disgusting little terrors. So, no I never want children, and I hate it when people criticize me for that, saying that I'll change my mind. I will not. Children will always be annoyances and I will never change my mind about them. 

Edited by Princess Panzy

I definitely want children. They're really the glue that holds life together and makes it matter. It's a huge responsibility and that's something worth taking on. I love kids and want as many as I can have. Whether or not it ever happens, I don't know. But I hope it does. I can think of no higher calling or greater blessing! :twi:  

• Brohoof 2

I definitely want children. They're really the glue that holds life together and makes it matter. It's a huge responsibility and that's something worth taking on. I love kids and want as many as I can have. Whether or not it ever happens, I don't know. But I hope it does. I can think of no higher calling or greater blessing! :twi:  

I do agree that kids hold life together and being the keystone to a family. :) I know I was when I was younger. 

eeeeeeh, I don't really think so, because having tons of responsability as a dad would be a total freakin pain in the ass, so it's a no for me unless I really change my mind about that and that would be a miracle.