Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I have two children, two little girls. They are my entire world! There are many days when I don't feel like I am a very good mom, but they remind me with hugs and kisses that in their eyes I am doing my best even when the days are hard, and they love me for that. We watch MLP together and I have passed on my love for the show and the characters onto them. They are only 5, and 2, so still pretty young. 

My oldest loves Rainbow Dash and my youngest loves Fluttershy! 

They keep me going, they make me a better person, they are my babies. They make me so incredibly happy. <333

• Brohoof 4

Someday, I hope to have children. I think part of my motivation for this is that I am the last male in the family that can pass on the family name, so if I don't have kids the family dies with me. This used to bother me more when I was younger, but I'm not so worried now. Que sera, sera.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm.... One day. Right now, I don't really like children - much rather have cats. If anything, I think I'd like to adopt a child. Guess I need to fall in love with someone first though, before I consider how to have children.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I'd love to have two or three children. However not for at least another 6 years. House and finances among other things need to be in order before children. 

And no pets...ok perhaps a german shepherd.  :please:

• Brohoof 2

Boy. I never thought about the idea of me being a father. I AM engaged, but I dunno if my fiancée and I would really want to become parents anytime soon. Just having that special person doesn't sound like enough to start a family, Y'know.

(edited)

HAHA, I find it sorta funny to see how the majority of members never want to have children. I'm sure to be wondering why this is... But that's probably too deep to comprehend anyway.
Anyhow, yep.. Personally, I do want kids. I'm a woman and the scariest thought is to give birth but... I still want my own kids a few years into the future. Somehow. I'm kinda gay, too, so... Yeah. I won't give up despite of having a girlfriend and being afraid of pregnancy. And I DON'T want to adopt, I want to have a child of my own, made from me, so to speak. My girlfriend might adopt though, so there might be one adoption and one "homemade". :D  HAHAHA! I'm a brave soul.

I want plenty of pets too and so does my gf. 

Edited by crys

I'd like to have kids someday. I don't know how long from now, but I'd like to have a couple eventually. I want at least one of my kids to be adopted, as there are too many kids out there that are without a home and without parents to take care of them

So many people saying no. :o

I wouldn't mind having kids.

Well, there's a reason for that; too much responsibility which forces them to relinquish their own freedom and independences and are forced to struggle their finances for the sake of children, not just from insurances but school costs as well which can eventually lead to debt as a result, that includes relationship problems as well which can soon lead to divorce. Even if they're well-prepared for children, that might not always be the case, so everyone has to expect the unexpected.

I myself wouldn't want any unless my future wife tells me otherwise and helps me out as well. But even so, that's basically relinquishing my own freedom which I intend to avoid.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone thinking kids cause financial problems probably don't know how to handle money anyway. Sure if you're working at some shit like mcdonalds of course you aren't going to be able to afford having kids but if you're in a reliable job and you arent blowing all of your money on stupid crap then you'll be fine.

But other than that it's perfectly reasonable to not want to have kids, in fact these days that's probably a good thing so we don't end up over populating and turning the world into china 2.0 (and I don't just mean in terms of people, but in ecological damage). But (in America) you're really starting to see the basic family structure completely fall apart. So many divorces and single parents. It's kind of worrying, you might not know it but families are really important.

For me, I definitely want a kid or two. I'm just worried I'll mess up and not be a good father, somehow. If I do, it'd probably be later on in life since that makes the most sense. That's when I'll (hopefully) be more stable, and have my party years behind me.

To the people saying no, that's your choice. However I you are fully aware that you that your children are the only real legacy that you and by extension your family has in this world. Even moreso if you're an only child, once you die your family line ceases to exist. 

Always remember, you can't take your money with you when you die. There's no reason to horde it around, sure you may like your freedom(whatever that may entail) but it's kind of sad to grow old with no family. You'll be missing out on your children's birthdays, the feeling of feeling of your newborn wrap his/her hand around your finger, you'll miss your daughter's wedding, your son's graduation from college, and all the holidays spent together. Most people realize as they get older in life that their children and grandchildren are the only things that are of real importance to them. 

I commend all those that can go through life without having a family because I know I wouldn't be able to do it. However it's probably an accurate statement to say that most of the people saying no are young in life and I understand the stance. I definitely wouldn't want children or even begin thinking of having at a young age. I even mentioned so previously in the thread. But please make sure when forming such convictions that you really know what's in store for you when you're 50, 60, 80 years.

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2016 at 6:03 PM, Jon the VGNerd said:

Well, there's a reason for that; too much responsibility which forces them to relinquish their own freedom and independences and are forced to struggle their finances for the sake of children, not just from insurances but school costs as well which can eventually lead to debt as a result, that includes relationship problems as well which can soon lead to divorce. Even if they're well-prepared for children, that might not always be the case, so everyone has to expect the unexpected.

I myself wouldn't want any unless my future wife tells me otherwise and helps me out as well. But even so, that's basically relinquishing my own freedom which I intend to avoid.

Well, I don't want any because I think it's far more trouble than it's worth. I rarely have a good time with children, notion enforced by my experience as a Lyft and Uber driver. Most of my bad drives, where caused by children. 

Most importantly however, is the fact that my meddling parents kept me in a golden cage, hindering my personal growth and independence, treating me like a child even at my mid 20s. that lasted OVER A DECADE after the realization I no longer wanted to lead the life they've wanted me to lead, and did everything possible to prevent me so :angry: . Sorry, wasted a whole life in it, I don't wanna waste it in marrying and much less having children. There's a whole world outside, and I've missed enough, that IS over 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, my little cousin has spent a lot of time with me, and I proved I can ruin a good kid.:lol: Na, just the philosophical fact that there would be a little version of myself running around sort of gives me the chills.:blink: I'd still like to have one or two some day but it just floors me cause I think I'm still a youngin' but statistically speaking, I'll have a kid in the next 10 years.:wacko:

I don't want to be a dad but I'll probably end up with kids!

THANK CELESTIA THAT I'M TOO YOUNG (and I'm not dating anyone)!

Edited by Sherbert Music-Guard
Maybe I'll adopt but probably not
  • Brohoof 4

Honestly? No. Not only do I just... quite honestly, not like kids very much, but I have much greater things to attend to. Whether it's classes, a job, or anything in between, children will always come second (possibly even lower). I'm probably not going to have heaps upon heaps of money when I get older; I'll need to use it sparingly. Children simply don't allow that.

Even assuming I want children one day, I've already decided that I'll adopt one, rather than create one. I'm already planning on getting sterilized when I reach the appropriate age.

• Brohoof 1

Do I want children? Like in my soup or something? No thanks.

Though I'm up for having a daughter and or two sons one day if I like whoever my partner is enough and they're agreeable.

Possibly :P . I always see parents having fun with their kids (not that it isn’t ever stressful), although I’d much rather wait until I’m at least 30 and earn enough.

I've had some time to think of it since I last posted in here.  I think I do want to have kids when I'm ready and when that time comes, I'm going to adopt older children.  I remember as a child when people asked me if I wanted kids, I would always tell them that I'll adopt and that's something I stick with even now.  There's plenty of children that already exist that need a loving family, why make more?

No, because you have to wait more than ten years before they don't suck anymore and become decent people and it screws up your finances by always buying that new PlayStation that they nag you for for months. Much better to have a dog.

• Brohoof 2

Nope.

Overpopulation Too much people on this fucking planet already!

I don't want my kids to be doing worse stupid things like eating laundry detergent,or drinking bleach in the future.

Even if I wanted a child,I would at least try to adopt since thousands of kids are up for adoption for years and don't even end up being adopted,which is very sad.

• Brohoof 2