Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

(edited)

After working at supermarket for over a year I want to answer to that question  with a  hell no.  I seen some many stressful parents because their whiny spoil  kids that I don't want for those reasons  alone. Children are too much stress and I can't deal with a whiny kid  with wanting to smack my head against a wall . Heck one time I saw one kid spit, on purpose, on another kid. That intense among others has me not wanting to have kids altogether;  Its good thing Im asexual

Edited by The Cynical Lone Wolf
  • Brohoof 4

I'm not exactly the most maternal girl out there. I have a protective instinct but it's usually something that I use as a necessity rather than choice. I don't realistically see myself raising a child or children. A man would have to be pretty brave (or insane) to have kids with someone like me.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Narcissus said:

I'm not exactly the most maternal girl out there. I have a protective instinct but it's usually something that I use as a necessity rather than choice. I don't realistically see myself raising a child or children. A man would have to be pretty brave (or insane) to have kids with someone like me.

I agree with that statement.  I have never really felt a need to have kids,  even as I've have grown older and people keeping telling that "baby"  cloak will go off at some point.   Which has not happened.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This is like a really big decision and requires you to be a responsible parent and stuff it is a life decision so having a child is not something you should do if you just feel like it but are not sure. If I did I think I would prefer to adopt there is a lot of people on Earth already that need families.

While there are good times and bad times with a kid, on top of not being sure I also think it's not a good time to have a child in this economy, not unless you have a very high paying job that can help cover all costs a child needs.

• 1 month later...

No. I grew up the child of poor, miserable parents, and I would never put a child through that. Not only that, but I feel like in raising a child, I'd be constantly struggling against a society where child rearing attitudes are based almost entirely on tradition and holy cows, as opposed to any genuine concern for the children's well-being and future prospects.

• Brohoof 1

No way. I never wanted kids and now I'm too old anyway. I have 2 friends that are my age and they have babies, and I think about how old they will be when their kids graduate high school. 

Also I am broke enough as it is. I never had a girlfriend and I never will so it is all moot anyway. But if having a wife means I have to have a kid then that price is too high.

I think I'd be too scared of all the things that could go wrong with having a child. They could up and die on me if I don't take care of them just so. I could mess up my words when speaking to them and they would think I'm weird or hate me. I also don't know if I would have a good enough job to take care of them.

But I'm also curious on what it would be like to be a mother and experience the love of one, since I heard it is quite powerful and different from others. I would maybe just adopt one (I'm not so sure about going through the process of making a baby and birthing them, also being too ugly to get a father for them) since I would be nervous about how to divide attention between more than one child. I don't think I could even adopt since I'm sure the process requires speaking to strangers and I am terrible at doing that.

I don't know. I don't mind having kids the same way I mind having them. It's a bit of a mix for me on the topic.

Tho having a couple of mini me's running around(and turn them into part-time evil bastards like myself. :D ) is a fun idea.

Currently tho I need a girlfriend to even make plans on that front. :V