Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

Potentially, I wouldn’t mind having at least a couple of kids. The husband and family thing sounds nice to me at times but I don’t know if I wanna go through the pregnancy 😵💫 I know there’s adoption and things like that but that would be the second option.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I am all for the loving, but no kids. I am the kid. Mama.
In fact, if it wasn't because my family is a wreck. I would probably be married by now. Just sitting there on the sofa after a long day of work, with my beer belly, my balding spot and my two kids running around being annoying little you know whats. Like "Shut the **** up, I'm watching my football team going against that other football team!" You know football teams have stupid names, just make up something for yourself.
All while I pressure my wife to hurry up with the dinner, so we can pretend to talk about mutual interests we never really shared, and then maybe make another baby or two while the kids are sleeping like "little angels" with the aid of sedatives. Ah, the dream life. Don't you agree? I've seen it far too often.

But now I am all messed up. I am a 32 years old man, long flowing hair and this sweet body that both men and women take me for a young adolescent. And they don't dislike what they see. As my friends tell me when I am absent and the girls see a picture of me and go "Who is him?", "Who is him?!", "Who is him?!!".
Also, my mind is all over the place, as if that wasn't clear enough already. But I can switch between the child and the man at will. Which is not something I have seen out there. You, either have the unrealized male stereotype, or the realized male stereotype, for the most part. Both are extremes. And then, the rare variance that is me. So, I've got the "balance", you could say. Meaning I am a douchebag, basically. Hahaha.

Not really, there may be a day in the distant future where becoming a foster parent becomes pivotol for the kids of the future based off the state of our economy, but honestly I concur with poster above me, I'm in NO RUSH to "grow up", I like to live like I'm still a kid. Kids take your time, your money, your goals(in some cases). It's just an unnecessary amount of anxiety and responsibility that would honestly be crippling to my lifestyle and I am more or less still trying to make friends, the world has many bastardized and forgotten, abused and much worse of these children, some day it may be the noble thing to do, and some day I may be able to help, but I don't think MOST humans should continue reproducing at all if I'm being completely honest. Go to the pound, there's plenty of puppies and kittens that need a home, we have ppl that insist their genetic blueprint be imposed upon the world, and most of these ppl shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

Not really, there may be a day in the distant future where becoming a foster parent becomes pivotol for the kids of the future based off the state of our economy, but honestly I concur with poster above me, I'm in NO RUSH to "grow up", I like to live like I'm still a kid. Kids take your time, your money, your goals(in some cases). It's just an unnecessary amount of anxiety and responsibility that would honestly be crippling to my lifestyle and I am more or less still trying to make friends, the world has many bastardized and forgotten, abused and much worse of these children, some day it may be the noble thing to do, and some day I may be able to help, but I don't think MOST humans should continue reproducing at all if I'm being completely honest. Go to the pound, there's plenty of puppies and kittens that need a home, we have ppl that insist their genetic blueprint be imposed upon the world, and most of these ppl shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

I agree. I think they should limit themselves to adopt a cat or some parrots. Also, it is basic animal human instinct. So, you are not gonna stop it with talks about fake morality, and all that. We all know how wild it gets when we go down. Which is exactly why the world health organization is launching campaigns to reduce fertility in underdeveloped countries, under the excuse of malaria vaccination. Not so long ago, something very similar just happened world-wide. And more than 50% of the world population got vaccinated. And then it is all forgotten. Because under the solid ceiling that makes up the sky of this plane, everything comes down to the obelisk and the dome. If you know what I mean.

Also, the forum is showing me your replies as a reaction to my posts. So, maybe you are doing something wrong.

On 2019-03-15 at 8:07 PM, Lady Kochos Pathfinder said:

No. Simply put; no.

Why is that? Cause they are hard to deal with, and the adult who can admit that while knowing they can't deal with kids is a true adult in my eyes (as is the adult who CAN manage them; don't get me wrong). My biological mother didn't like kids and really couldn't handle me; which lead to me being adopted by my grandparents.

You have to not only want and love kids, but also have the mental, physical, and financial foundations to raise, support, and love them in. While my biological mother never raised me, I consider her a mother in that it took courage to give me up.

As for me? I'm not up to it; simply put. A few weekends ago we watched my grand-niece and I couldn't handle it. Sweet kid, but it just shows that it takes SO MUCH commitment to raise a kid. I value my 'me' time too much, and my nerves can only take so much. No thanks.

Just adding to this as it's been a few years: The answer is still no. Honestly while I don't hate kids, the idea of having kids and trying to support them just gives me an anxiety attack. Once you have one your whole world will revolve around them and personally; I'm just not mentally or financially ready for that.

• Brohoof 1

I have watched my brother raising twins for the last 7 years, and he looks kinda pale. He also didn't get to do all his dreams before he got children.

Me on the other hand, got to do all my dreams, and I don't see the point of raising children, not with also having to deal with my own issues.

• Brohoof 1

Biological, absolutely not. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to carry a pregnancy, and in reality I would be paying tens of thousands, so no way. Fostering though, I could do. I love teens, they're hilarious and really fun and I'd want to provide a home for 13 y/os and older. I adamantly did not want kids years ago, but as I get older I find myself more and more open to the idea. Just can't stand babies :nom:

• Brohoof 1

That for me is a big, it depends. First of all, due to how immensely busy I am to get the most optimal lifestyle possible, as well as getting my financial situation in order, I'm just gonna remain single until something happens down the line that would change that in a positive way. Thus, forming my own family is not my biggest priority for the time being.

• Brohoof 2

No I made a choice when I was 13 not to have kids and old enough still down to still not want to have kids.  Given bio my body is female,  ppl seem think women all have this need or fulminant to be a "mother".   Which for me is not even the case, I have urge to have kids and in truth I don't really like kids at all.  :mlp_nom:

• Brohoof 1

I don't see myself having kids. At least, until I have a wife and my life in order. Both of which could take a decade, perhaps even more. By then, I highly doubt I'll be the same person I am now anyways so who am I to answer. 

• Brohoof 2

As of right now, no. I don't want any children. My family already has issues, and I get anxieties very easy. I would like to take care of my own pet one day. Pets seems better to care for than a child you have to raise until they live on their own. 

(edited)

See, I THINK I would like to, but at the ridiculously slow pace life is going across my age, I don’t want to be such an “old parent” either…

It also requires a mate which I have none. Don’t bother reassuring me on that.

Honestly deep down I probably wish I could but feel inadequate..

Edited by WWolf

No, I have had medicine that could bring heavy complications aswell as give unhealthy kids so, no— it’s too much of a risk 

can still always adopt one ig but I don’t feel a need