Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I highly doubt I'd ever want children, or to be specific, children of my own, since the whole idea of pregnancy actually scares me.

However, I might actually consider adoption or foster care, since I'd love to at the very least try to spare a young person from the same hell I grew up in and letting them have a chance at a slightly more fair start in life.

• Brohoof 1

Right now, I don't want to have them. I like living my own life the way I want to live it. I'm kind of done with bending my schedule around others' at this point and having kids means I'd be doing that 24/7.

Still, my girlfriend very much wants to have kids at some point so odds are I'll have to surrender my freedom at some point. I hope that day won't come too soon.

well that's dark. are you saying that you will have children only because your girlfriend wants it that way? if that's true, I hope for you that your child will be a pleasant surprise ^^

I for myself wouldn't want to have kids. I could imagine myself to be some kind of crazy uncle or funny neighbour which the kids could talk to when they've had an argument with their parents, but being a father myself? that's...just way too much responsibility for me to handle. not only the baby-years. just think about it: you have to raise a human being to become...well, a human being. what if I do something wrong that hurts the kid for the rest of their life? what if I turn out to one hell of a bad parent? I noticed once how much patience it must've cost my parents to always stay calm with me, and as much as I love them and respect them for this patience, I highly doubt that I could come up with the same patience myse- wait, what the f*ck am I even doing here? I'm just 17 years old and have never even had a girlfriend! what in the world made me think "yo, go to that thread about children"?

• Brohoof 1

Man, so much pessimism here. Personally, I'm definitely going to have kids. That's the whole reason I'm going to college and getting an engineering degree in order to provide for my family when I get married and have kids.

Man, so much pessimism here. Personally, I'm definitely going to have kids. That's the whole reason I'm going to college and getting an engineering degree in order to provide for my family when I get married and have kids.

the point is: WHY do you want to have children? I think many people only do it to make it feel like their life has a purpose, to fill some kind of inner emptyness (good ol' inner emptyness), or just because they're kinda expected to get children. but what's your reason?

the point is: WHY do you want to have children? I think many people only do it to make it feel like their life has a purpose, to fill some kind of inner emptyness (good ol' inner emptyness), or just because they're kinda expected to get children. but what's your reason?

Because it's important to me. I don't need to fill some inner emptiness and I don't need to justify myself.

Edited by Tanos
  • Brohoof 1

Because it's important to me. I don't need to fill some inner emptiness and I don't need to justify myself.

don't get me wrong, I don't want to imply that you have some "inner emptyness" (should've chosen my words with more care), and I'm far from judging you. I just thought that this wish could somehow be explained, in a way that everybody can maybe relate to

well that's dark. are you saying that you will have children only because your girlfriend wants it that way? if that's true, I hope for you that your child will be a pleasant surprise ^^

Well, right now I don't see myself as the fatherly type at all. However, I've been known to change my mind about things in the past and it's very possible I will come around on this as well. If I don't, though, it will be something I'll have to solve at that time. Truthfully, though, I mainly dislike babies. I can deal with kids, more or less, once they're capable of speech.

don't get me wrong, I don't want to imply that you have some "inner emptyness" (should've chosen my words with more care), and I'm far from judging you. I just thought that this wish could somehow be explained, in a way that everybody can maybe relate to

I don't have some reason that that everyone can relate to. I make my choices and goals based on what I feel is right. Why ask for a way that everyone can relate to?

I really want to have kids. I'm absolutely terrified of childbirth though. I also want to be a teacher or psychologist, despite wanting to homeschool. I have names picked out and everything. I'm kinda hoping my future kids and my best friend's future kids will be close in age so they can be best friends.

I don't want children, and I'll probably never change my mind. I'm far too lazy for that. I like sleeping in (no baby crying and waking me up, thank you), spending money on things I want, and going places without having to worry about having a babysitter or taking the kid with me. Besides, kids annoy the hell out of me. Just today while I was at the store I had to hear some kid shrieking at the top of his lungs because his mom took away a toy. Yeah, no thanks.

• Brohoof 3

For me a yes, but not right now I can't afford to take care of a child. Maybe later on in my life. I like kids seeing as I'm an uncle to 5 little younglings I enjoy they're company and they're just fun to be around (if raised correctly). Just the idea of little Xylos running about and becoming an engineer or game designer or something they want to be feels me with pride and joy. I also like the idea of raising someone; telling them right from wrong, teaching them how to be a man, dress properly, fixing cars, etc. Passing down your knowledge to your next of kin so they could benefit from it. In conclusion yes, I like l the idea of being a parent but maybe 5-10 years from now.

Edited by SuperXylosian
  • Brohoof 1

I want children, but I can't have them. I can't have biological children, and I would not qualify for adoption. I babysit my niece, but I need supervision. I'm not mentally healthy. I have a hard time taking care of myself. My girlfriend wants children. Maybe I'll get children in the future, but right now, not a chance! I do want them, though. 

I want to have a daughter, but I sense no future where I have any children.

Its my dream to have my heart pulled out and ripped into tiny little confetti shreds by my own flesh and blood before I leave this earth... what better way than to have a daughter?... hah....

But really I would like to have a daughter... but I don't think I'll have children. It might not even be medically wise for me to have children were I ever to try, due to medications I've taken in the past. Not to mention I'm socially inept with no hopes to go find someone who would want to put up with me.

Yes! I love kids! But if my future wife does not, no it will be. Kids are so cheerful, free, and optimistic. I could definitely use a dose of that in my life. Plus I could relive my young years, right?

Even if I turn 40, having children will very likely weigh down on me too much, especially when I have personal things such as finances and maintaining lifestyle. it'll be too much of a chore to take care of the kids, no matter how old I get.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why I would either. Just the thought of helping someone grow up into a mature person, to be able to have someone to love unconditionally no matter the conflict. And to contribute and pass on your values to the future generation through a person which you brought up... I guess those would all be good reasons...

But unless you raise them right, they are hell.

I can barely support myself so nah I'm good without children. Not to mention that I'm horrid with them and god forbid something happen to them (along the lines of kidnapping/murder/assault of some sort), I'd rather not deal with the possibility of that, let alone it actually happening. Perhaps if I found the right wife or something and she wanted to adopt then I'd change my mind possibly.

Kind of, yeah :D I haven't given that much thought into it really.

But I feel like, I always complain about kids younger than me. "Oh, they're already smoking at 12 years old?" "I can't believe he's drinking! He's so young!" so I'd want children just so I can raise a child who's BETTER than that. A child who would (hopefully) leave a positive mark on society. Because it feels like the new generation of children are just getting worse and worse >.<

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

Holy crap, me too! While it's sucky either of us have it, yay for 'meeting' someone else with it!

My husband wants kids. Like, a lot. I'm not as adamant about it for a few reasons:

• Physical disabilities suck
  • Due to a past surgery, I would need a c-section
  • Kids scare the holy bejesus out of me
  • Snot, poop, and other bodily fluids
  • I don't need to screw up any further generations

Maybe I can adopt some of my adult friends. 

• Brohoof 1