Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would be a GOOD alternative to the Wacom Cintiq?

SaburoDaimando

The Wacom Cintiq is by far, the best tablet-based display for the computer.  It's not a Touch Screen, so you can't use your hand or finger to control it.  But the use of the Cintiq Pen and the texture of the screen makes it a favorite of mine(It is used at a class at Grossmont College).

However, the price point is what really gets me about the Cintiq: $1000-2000.  So the big question is: What would serve as a cheaper, yet good,alternative to the Wacom Cintiq?  Or is there NOTHING else like the Cintiq?

The Surface Pro 4 would be a good alternative but you'll be paying a pretty penny for it as well. Honestly the short answer is that there are no other devices that come close enough to the Cintiq's quality level for a fraction of the price. However for a few hundred dollars more, the Surface Pro 4 can do quite a bit, but you will DEFINITELY need to invest in the model with the fastest processor and storage if you want to get any real use out of it from intensive art programs. However it'll still run you about $1,799 to get the model that can stack up to a Cintiq, so you'd still be paying quite a bit, and for a little more you can get the Cintiq 27QHD which is going to have a screen over twice as large and much more features.

I use a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010. It's as cheap as they get. And it works like a charm!

I bought mine on ebay for $150. But I just recently saw the same laptop( It's a convertible laptop btw ) for just $65.

• 4 years later...
On 1/31/2016 at 7:55 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

The Wacom Cintiq is by far, the best tablet-based display for the computer.  It's not a Touch Screen, so you can't use your hand or finger to control it.  But the use of the Cintiq Pen and the texture of the screen makes it a favorite of mine(It is used at a class at Grossmont College).

However, the price point is what really gets me about the Cintiq: $1000-2000.  So the big question is: What would serve as a cheaper, yet good,alternative to the Wacom Cintiq?  Or is there NOTHING else like the Cintiq?

I also have a Cintiq. Still use it today.

However, I still think Wacom tables have a weird latency to them. I would like to know the moment something new comes along with 0 latency. Then it would actually feel like you are drawing on the screen, kinda like how a Nintendo DSi with Flipnote studio works.

• 1 month later...

XP Pen make amazing tablets I think XP pen artist is one. I don't have such expensive screen based ones though I just have a decent medium sized graphics tablet.