• Mama (or Mamma)
    • Tata
    • Majko
    • Abba
    • Pops
    • Mother
    • Father
    • Other (please explain in a post)

Just curious. I never saw anyone else make a thread like this, and so I have decided to start it off for the heck of it. :)

So, as the title of this thread is, what do you call your parents by?

For example:

In my case, I call my mom: "Mama" and I call my dad: "Tata". "Tata is how kids would call their dads in the Balkan countries and ethnicities (Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrin, Macedonian, etc.).

Vote and post away!  :pinkie:

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 2

"Mum," "Dad," "Mother" and "Father."

My friends think it's really archaic to call them mother and father, (which it kind of is), but I've grown a habit of it.

• Brohoof 2

I just simply call them "mum" and "dad", but sometimes I'll also call them "mother" and "father" as a term of endearment.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm Swedish so the alternatives don't really apply to me but I just call my parents "mamma" and "pappa" which is the most normal thing here, if you wanna sound cool or something you can say "morsan" and "farsan" but I never do that. Some people say "mor" and "far" but that's such an old way of saying it so I've never heard anyone say it myself.

• Brohoof 2

I call my mom and my dad %#*#@  :angry: when they are not around cause the way they treat me!!! :angry:  >_>  >_>

you wanna talk abt something right there, pal?

i call them ma and pa, and sometimes i call my mom by mrs [her name here] when i'm mocking her

• Brohoof 1

Its a mixup of mom, dad, mommy, and daddy. When I'm speaking to someone in my immediate family, or them directly, it's mommy and daddy. When speaking to someone outside of my family, or for some strange reason when I'm seeking them, it's mom and dad. Primarily mommy and daddy is used.

• Brohoof 1

I usually say Mor or Far.

When people hear me calling them that they sometimes ask me if I don't love them. It is a really old word and some people thinks that it sounds non-personal.

I don't really know why I call them that, but I have just grown a habit of saying it.

• Brohoof 1