• Mama (or Mamma)
    • Tata
    • Majko
    • Abba
    • Pops
    • Mother
    • Father
    • Other (please explain in a post)

Just Mom and Dad. Although there is a slight tonal difference. It's still endeared but I more address them as one would an equal at least an intellectual one. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much in deference to them but the reflexive subservience of childhood is gone and replaced by a more sophisticated understanding of just what they do for me.

• Brohoof 1

Called my mom, mom when she was still alive. Though apparently when she died and I got totally shitfaced I was calling out to her as mommy. As for my father, he's a total a#@hole and haven't talked to him in years. If I talk about him I just call him by his name.

• Brohoof 1

I call them mom and dad most of the time. Sometimes I call my mom TeeWee, cuz her name is Terry and that's how she apparently pronounced it when she was a little kid. I could let her forget it, but... nah. XD

When they're not around, I occasionally refer to them as the parental units, or when I'm angry at them, the parental authorities.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sometimes I call my mom TeeWee, cuz her name is Terry and that's how she apparently pronounced it when she was a little kid. I could let her forget it, but... nah. XD

That's a pretty cute way to call your mom.  :)  :blush:  :squee: :catface:

Edited by Jonny Music

I'm Vietnamese so I call my mom and dad Mẹ and Bố respectively. I don't go with the cutesey Mommy and Daddy since I believe that parents are the authority and deserve respect. I guess it's just the Asian in me  -_-

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I refer to my parents as mom and dad. Sometimes I would call my dad buddy because even though he acted like a goofball from time to time. He was always a good friend to have a good laugh with. 

(edited)

I call my mom Mother and my dad Papa (emphasis on the second a in Papa). I used to call my mom Mama (again, emphasis on the second a), but then I started calling her Mother as a joke, and I guess it stuck. I don't think I've ever called them Mom or Dad once.

Edited by Sir Floof
  • Brohoof 1

It's a bit complicated for me. I still call my dad "Daddy" I guess that's my southern side showing. :lol: but if I'm mentioning him to a friend or someone like that I just say "my dad" or "Dad" 

As for my mom, I call her "Mom" most of the time but occasionally I might joke around and call her "mommy" :P

(edited)

Mom and Dad, sometimes I call them by name though ahaha. I generally don't refer to them to by that usually. I use 'he' and 'she', sometimes I call my mom by her name, Christine.

Edited by Califorum

"Ma" "Mama" or "Mami" for my mother and "Pa" for my father.

I learned to call them this way because I was raised in a Mexican household.I've never referred to them as "Mom"and "Dad".

I've always referred to them as Mom and Dad. Though I do sometimes refer to them as Mother and Father when I'm playing around ^_^