Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo last good console.

CastletonSnob

As a Smash lover, I'm a bit biased towards the GC, although with backwards compatibility including the controllers, I don't really have a reason not to say Wii. Haven't paid much mind to the Wii U to form an opinion of it.

Edited by -Octavia-

The 3DS has been amazing and though I don't have one yet the Wii-U has more games on it that I want than any previous Nintendo console.

I'm kinda hoping the NX can play Wii-U games.

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo stopped making good consoles? As far as I'm concerned, they've always been great. The 3DS is my favorite handheld and third favorite gaming platform to date and the Wii U, while I don't have it, is the only 8th gen console I really care about. Heck, the only major Nintendo console (not counting the Virtual Boy obviously) I considered "not great" was the N64, and that was a 5th gen system.

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony
  • Brohoof 3

I think the Wii is pretty good and I'm gonna be buying a WiiU soon. It's not my favorite Nintendo console, but its got a great library.

For handheld definitely the GBA. I love the 2DS and DSi, but the GBA tops both.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

I'd say the Wii is the last great one since it can play the vast majority of games released on past Nintendo consoles not to mention having a damn good library of its own.

Not to say their modern ones aren't good too, in fact 3DS is pretty great, Wii U could just have been better in its library. :huh:

I would go with the Super NES because they still had a lot of third party support which they no longer have on the console front. In my opinion, that was when Nintendo was at their best.

Far as I'm concerned, they've all been good to various degrees.

Except the Virtual Boy.

I know a game store owner who even liked the Virtual Boy. Still plays it on his dining room table and everything.  :lol:

And I don't think Nintendo ever stopped making good consoles. I don't really feel what they're trying to do these days, but that's all right. I'll always have fond memories of the NES, SNES, and N64. I have Nintendo to thank for making me a console gamer.

All of Nintendo's consoles that they have released, whether it be handheld or TV have been excellent (with the notable exception being the Virtual Boy and maybe the Game Boy Micro). Since most people seem to be talking about the current generation, i'll give my 2 cents:

• The 3DS is fantastic. While the 3D fad used to market the device has died down, we are still left with a library of great games. Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Smash Bros, and Fire Emblem just to name a few. The only exception is the NEW 3DS though. There is only 1 NEW 3DS exclusive title (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D) so it doesn't really justify a purchase in my opinion unless your a huge Xenoblade fan. 
  • While the same can be said for the Wii U, it has the unfortunate displeasure of having the smallest library of quality games of any of the current gen consoles. I bought my Wii U in 2014 and only have 5 games (compared with my PS3 in 2015 with 17 games).