Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

which do you use on the forums: Everyone or Everypony? (Poll)

Shadow Dash DJ Rod

Everyone v.s. Everypony  

67 users have voted

1. 1. which do you use more on the forums?

• Everyone
    • Everypony
    • Mixture of the 2

I always use everybody, but as a joke, in a status update I'll say "Hello everyone/pony!" or "Hello Everyone/pony/dragon/zebra/ect...!"

Also, isn't it kind of weird that their only way of saying everybody is everypony, despite the fact that ponies aren't the only sentient race? That's kinda like someone going out in public and saying "What's up my whites? How are all my fellow white people doing today in whitepeopletown, huh? Feeling white? Me too! Isn't that great?"

I think myself just like everyone else here used to say "everypony" when we were new to the forums :P (and maybe even the odd 20% cooler pun) xD

Well, I know I did back then.  :lol:

EDIT: I meant to put "In a status update" before talking about saying everyone/pony. I fixed it.

Edited by HORSE MAN
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I just stick to saying "everyone" most times, because it's just natural for me.  :blink: Though I do occasionally let an "everypony" slip by in jest or if it's, say, a pony heavy topic.

I don't really see anything particularly wrong with it being substituted in all the same, just a bit of harmless wordplay. :P

I'm not a big fan of puns in general, unless they are a little clever-otherwise I find them a little cringeworthy, so I'm not a fan of phrases like 'everypony' and prefer to use 'everyone/everybody'.

Since they more or less mean the same thing-it's just that 'everpony' refers to ponies specifically, I have wondered why when other species like griffons or dragons (like Spike) were present, they sometimes still use the phrase to refer to everyone present in the show.

Puns for locations I don't really mind though, but I usually only reference them when I feel they are relevant to the discussion.

With that said, I'd like to clarify that I wouldn't get on other people's case for using it-I'm just not a fan of it myself.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis

* always 'everyone'. i can't bring myself to say 'everypony' instead and i probably would cringe if i heard someone say it in real life or something. seeing someone use it on the forums isn't so bad, i mean, it's a mlp forum after all, but.. yeah.

Unless there is some sort of roleplay element or feel to a conversation, everybody is what I would use.

However I've just gotten used to saying 'everyone' wherever I am. Can't go wrong~

<insert hilarious punchline>

Edit: Just pretend the title says 'everybody' instead of 'everyone' and plz don't judge me for being blind as a lemur that can't figure out how to open its eyelids >.>)

Edited by Toothpaste

• 4 years later...

I use the word "everyone" since it's just a force of habit. It would feel kind of weird to me, if I started using "everypony," as it just feels kind of strange outside the show.