Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted So I got a new drawing app...

Artimis Whooves

Hey, I use that app :) I'd say overall you seem a little unconfident with the app, but it is brand new to you, after all. I'd say just keep practising, as you clearly have a lot of potential. Also, don't be shy about experienting with the brushes; you can get some really nice effects with Sketchbook, especially when utilising the layers. Anyway, I'm sure you'll go far, and keep showing us your progress :)

• Brohoof 1

I am not familiar with this application, so I do not know how difficult it is to use.

However, I did notice that your OC's mouth stretches too far across the face and it has an odd curve to it.

Also, the colors are blotchy and go outside the lines  and the lines are sketchy, making the appearence messy.

The eyes are also a bit messy.

Again, I don't know how this application works and I don't know if these design choices were intentional.

Overall, you have the concept of pony art down. With more practice, you will be well on your way to becoming an artist.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a new drawing app today, its called "Autodesk sketchbook". I drew my OC to test it out, what do you guys think?

attachicon.gifsketch1454453052585.png

I have that app too, and I bought the pro tools when they had a sale some time ago. Do you still use it Artimis Whooves? I can really recommend using a stylus if you're not already doing that, because it's much easier then.  :fluttershy:​ 

I got a new drawing app today, its called "Autodesk sketchbook". I drew my OC to test it out, what do you guys think?

attachicon.gifsketch1454453052585.png

Okay so you asked for critique : 

• The mouth it to long and to wavy, imagine their mouth opening, it would look like an aligator.
  • The neck is not curved / upright enough
  • The hair / ears are decent, but the middle of the eye comes over the hairline when it should come under
  • Legs do not look like that, they start off thicker, and end up a little thicker. As well they need to be quite a bit longer.
  • The colouring is not neat, blotchy and isn't in the lines 
  • The lines on the neck make it look old

That is about all the critique I have, and I have never used that tool so I am not sure about it's limitations. You will get better in time and you seem to have a general idea with what your doing, don't be afraid to use images for reference or use bases to start off with to trace over, just to understand what the shape of the pony feels like <3 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@, Thanks! I'll definitely think of that next time!

I have that app too, and I bought the pro tools when they had a sale some time ago. Do you still use it Artimis Whooves? I can really recommend using a stylus if you're not already doing that, because it's much easier then.  ​ 
Yes I use a stylus, unfortunately my phone is being fixed right now, so It'll be a bit before I use the app again. Edited by Artimis Whooves
  • Brohoof 1