Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ways to further the Character Development for Big Mac

BrawnyCharger

Ever since the Brotherhooves Social episode, I've been hoping to see more episodes that would further develop Big Macintosh's character. After he explained his desires to be a hero like Applejack, I just can't help but feel as though the writers have to follow up on this and make a story arc out of it. The question is, how do you think it can be done?

I'd say:

-Have him interact more with Applejack and Apple Bloom individually.

-Have him say more than just Eeyup and Nope.

-Have him interact with other Mane 6 members.

-Have more episodes focused on him.

-Have him explain his desires for heroism to his family members.

-Have him do heroic deeds (starting out small but important and build on it from there).

-Have him step in to help out and complete the job whenever Applejack is unable to do so (Such as win a blue ribbon at a rodeo or something)

-Finally have him help save Equestria by carrying the Element of Honesty when Applejack is unable to. (if only for just one adventure)

These are just some suggestions as to how I would further develop Big Mac's character. Do you suppose they'll do so in Season 6? What other ways do you think they should develop Big Mac?

• Brohoof 2

Doing things with anyone not related to apples is a good start and actually having him say things. The comics did a good job with him by having several mares fall for him(including Luna :P) as well as having Twilight going into his head/mind in one of the Friends Forever.

But both were things I'd love to see happen in the show

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

Perhaps a moment where Mac has to head to someplace far off, in response to a letter.  

Who would that letter be from?  An old flame?  A good friend from childhood?  Someone he owes a favor to?

The idea being that the letter trope opens up an avenue of ideas that he might actually have a life outside of farm and family; it might only be one episode, but it would allow the character to grow their own head canon, so to speak.  

Maybe he can try to regain his Turkey Gala crown that Pinkie Pie allegedly stole from him back in "Filli Vanilli". Or we could see more with the Ponytones. 

I also read somewhere that Big Macintosh is very skilled at advanced math, so that could be something they could use in an episode.