Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get tired of watching ponies?

ManaMinori

You've seen every episode and movie multiple times, and now boredom strikes. You could pop on a pony dvd, or watch online, but ugh. You've seen it so many times before, and watching won't really hold your attention and EXCITE you, as it did when the episode/ movie was new.

Anyone else ever feel like the they can only watch something pony again and again so many times, before it just becomes tiring? (Still cute, but just a bore to watch for the umpteenth time)

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever "gotten tired" of watching ponies, per say.

However, I recently decided to take a few days break from ponies after marathon-ing all five seasons and all three EQG movies.

Honestly, I wouldn't consider that as "getting tired" I just think of it more as taking a break.

:)

Personally, I have not gotten tired of watching ponies. I have been like that with many other shows, but I have never had that with ponies. A lot of times though, I'll just let the show run on Netflix while I do homework so that way I can hear all the voices but I don't have to pay attention because I know all the episodes so well.

I don't really get tired of Ponies just from watching the show alone. However, what can make me a bit tired of Ponies is when things are overanalyzed, or if certain gags/jokes from the show are referenced so much that they become stale. I notice myself withdrawing a bit during the hiatus, and taking a break helps to renew my interest. Though I can say that I'm not as into the show as I was when I first started watching Ponies. Most likely, it's just due to how long I've been watching it. However, I am more interested than I was before in the fanart that's come out of the show, which is one major reason why I've stayed in the fandom. 

Yes. I did. I joined during 4th season so I watched first 3 as marathon for several weeks. It was extremely tiresome.

but you were watching new episodes, not the same content 5, 10, however many times, and having it feel stale, as compared with fresh and episodes or movies

Not really. As I've said before, I only watch MLP when I am either extremely pissed off or sad. Insta-relief. I don't like how each DVD only has 4 or 5 episodes, and I expect that that will eventually get old.

But I still have YouTube as a plan B.

I tend to watch things into the ground and then get temporary bored. Then I step away for a period of time and then repeat the cycle. This is normal psychology, I think. When I don't want to get to that point, I try to bail early and start the decompression stage early.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I've seen most pre-S5 episodes twice (once the original time, then again on a marathon). I will have another marathon in summer, so, third time around.

But if I were to watch the same episodes over and over jst to kill boredom, then yes, I would get tired of them. :P

Nope, but then again I've only watched every episode once including the movies... oh except for season one and two. I watched S1 four times, and S2 three times... still isn't enough to bore me... looking forward to S6, and when the day comes where every Brony becomes heart broken me and 3 others of POGM will attempt to review and commentate every episode and movie

I actually got tired of Mlp.

I havent watched everything from G4 but i also dont want to.

I started to dislike Episodes more and more, i kinda saw the jokes coming and the show doesnt surprise me anymore.

So i simply stopped.

If i want to watch a show that teaches me moral lessons, i watch Shazam or The Secrets of Isis, at least their is action in every single Episode, instead of watching a lot of very kid friendly episodes, with maybe 1 - 3 actually exciting episodes in one entire season.

I just dont like Mlp anymore.

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with Season 3 because of it's short length, most of the episodes (with a few exceptions) I thought were poorly written or boring, and the finale refusing to answer-anything really about Twilight's status and ascension.

Season 4 I still watched every episode of and it seemed to be getting back to Season 1 and 2 levels of quality, despite some bad episodes (but, that happens every season) and still not really clarifying Twilight's political position.

Season 5 I greatly enjoyed the premiere with Starlight Glimmer and pointing out what disingenuous, bullying, control freaks people like that are, but about midway through the season, I just began to lose interest and didn't watch any episode unless the description made it sound interesting, the final was really sloppy and rushed, though.

Season 6, I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch, I wasn't a fan of Skyla to begin with, and avoided the Cadance is Pregnant episode-anything to do with babies, they could easily have used the Cakes for (so, it feels kind of like a rehash of that)-but, I also realize the whole reason the show exists is to be a glorified product placement to begin with.

So, I'm not sure how many-if any episodes I'll even bother watching.

I've also watched the first two movies, but didn't bother with Friendship Games-Sunset is never going to be allowed to go home, the status quo seems to have exiled her to the human world for eternity in order to make future films.

So, lately I've more or less stayed around here to socialize.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis

This is why I don't mind the hiatuses between seasons.

By the time a season is over, I've already grown a bit bored with it.

• Brohoof 1

nope, there are 5 seasons and 3 EG movies to watch and i have only seen all of season 5 once and i am waiting for themto release it on dvd so i can watch it several more times

No, if I get burnt out of something I like, chances are I'll just take a break from it and just rewatch it later.

Happens with every show and game I like

• Brohoof 4

Since I prefer the episodes that go really big, like the season premiers and finales, or some of the episodes that don't resemble things I see in other cartoons, I have to say I get bored or frustrated with the ones that DO seem really cartoon-y. I'm thinking mostly of ones from Season 1 and 2 that just put a bad taste in my mouth the first time I saw them, like Owl's Well that Ends Well", "A Dog and Pony Show", "The Mysterious Mare Do-Well", "Baby Cakes", and "Dragon Quest". Then there are some from Season 3 that made it really difficult to continue watching, like "Sike at Your Service", "Just For Sidekicks", etc. So, despite MLP being a kids cartoon, I still prefer the episodes that really push the envelope with storytelling and world-building, and I'm less excited by your typical slice of life episodes (though some are good), and I abhor episodes that have to do with Spike because nothing seems to get accomplished in such episodes.

I don't really like to wear my heart on my sleeve here, but I'm just going to admit something: "Magical Mystery Cure" makes me cry every time I watch it. I tear up during "A True, True Friend", but I completely break down during the "Celestia's Ballad" scene. The entire scene up to the reveal of Twilight's wings is the kind of cathartic payoff one gets from being deeply invested in one character over a long time, in this case, over the course of the show's previous 64 episodes. If I ever stop emoting when that episode comes on, I think it may mean I'm over the whole pony thing. Or maybe it means I'm not being a baby about it any more.

S4 and S5 feature several new writers on the staff, and the show feels a little more mature compared to the occasional typicality of some episodes from S1-S3. My criticisms in some of the S4 and S5 episodes are mostly toward creative decisions within each episode, or the narrative concept in general, for I feel that the structures present do not rehash cartoon plots and devices (as much) as was the case in the first three seasons. Thus, the newer episodes have problems too, and so are tiresome or boring at times, but they are not annoying cliches as before. The introduction of the season-long arc theme in both of the most recent seasons gives me a little more investment in the individual episodes, so they don't bore me as much.

Sorry about the length of this post, but, unlike some of the episodes of MLP, this is a topic I don't get tired of.

There are a lot of episodes I still need to see, so nope. Not tired of it yet. XP

I have a super short attention span though, so I can usually only watch a couple episodes at a time, even though I really like them. >.>'

I don't grow tired, mainly because I don't binge-watch episodes. I rewatch individual episodes here and there as I have the desire. On hiatuses, I occupy myself more with fimfiction than the actual show. When I first got into the show, I'd rewatch episodes one after the other, but now I'm a little more relaxed, haha. ^_^