Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get tired of watching ponies?

ManaMinori

Hasn't happened to me yet. During seasons I just watch the episodes and between seasons I re-watch the episodes. Of course it isn't novelty anymore, but I can still have fun re watching episodes way back from season one. Not only that, but the comics help the pony stay fresh.

But I'm like that with everything I like, re-watching movies the next day for example.

I get bored of things easily, fortunately, ponies are excluded! I really don't watch the episodes more than once or twice, but everything else I do is mlp related, which im sure many people would get tired of.

I never get tired of watching ponies (and i've been a fan for nearly 4 years :fluttershy:. I guess it's because I have other interests to keep my attention while waiting for the new season. Now that I think about, I don't really actively go back and re-watch old episodes or EQG movies unless i'm in the mood for it. I guess i'm just too busy pre-occupied with other things (work, sports, video games, etc...)

I suppose this show has run it's course on me. In the beginning it was new and amazing that they took a humdrum boring show like previous iterations of MLP and turned it into something spellbounding and delightful. But there just isn't much else for it to go around.

This video just told me a lot about how the magic of MLP is somewhat stagnated. In this episode Twilight becomes very paranoid, usually that would have been interesting but it's lost it's charm. And the talk of Discord's jokes no longer funny is just how I felt about a lot of the bygone comedy done on this show. Just not as funny as before.

Edited by cider float

As one Brony pointed out once, the fandom in general is infinitely more concerned with itself than it is with the show, so I don't find it surprising that people come for the show, get bored with it, but stick around for the community aspect.

While I don't rewatch episodes as much as I used to, I don't get sick of MLP that easily. Usually I'm busy doing other things to rewatch them, but every now and then, I put an old episode on.

• Brohoof 1

I would much rather be able to hook my TV up to being able to watch slice of life in Equestria than re-watching old episodes.  Of course -- more seasons are coming.  Like anything though NEW is far better than review.

One strange phenomenon when it comes to watching episodes more than once.  You tend to watch the ones you like more often than the ones that you liked less, but then eventually the latter episodes are far more novel than the former.

Edited by silvadel

I understood your question, until I read "get tired". =)

No, seriously I'm never bored of ponies because indeed I don't watch too much.

I just watch one episode only per week for 4 years and more now, so I never got bored. But excited? Yes, absolutely yes! XD

No. Honestly, I make sure to limit binge-watching the show, but the nice thing about it is that every episode is really only about twenty minutes long, which is no time at all, so I can always watch one quickly whenever I'm bored, or waiting for something else, or could use cheering up. So I usually end up watching an episode every other week or so, not all the time, but often enough. Personally, I enjoy finding all of the little details in episodes I missed the first time around, and now there are so many episodes, it really does seem hard to get bored with all of them at once...

That's my two bits anyway,

Regards,

Marxy

Pretty much. There are tons of episodes I never rewatched even though I enjoyed them the first time around. The odds of those episodes holding my interest for a second time are pretty slim in those cases, since I'm the type of person who can read a book or watch a movie at least twenty times.

That's not to say I'm tired of the universe itself, though, just not interested in watching a lot of the eps again.

Sometimes. It's like any fandom I'm in. Sometimes I lose interest for a short while and need to take a break. I've been a Jurassic Park fan for 20 years, and I've taken many many long breaks from the fandom. I always find my way back, though. 

• 6 years later...

The longest break I did was after my sixth watch-through. I waited approximately 1 month before I started the seventh. That was my longest break ever. :coco: But! I look through pony art almost daily, have them always around me in real life too. All of it keeps things fresh for me. But the FiM series is something I never get tired of. And I think it's perfectly normal to not always be in the mood for it every single day. Breaks are important, the show will be enjoyable as always afterwards. :)

• Brohoof 1