Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing Pencil Hoof!

Pencil Hoof

Hi everypony!

My name is Pencil Hoof, and I just joined!

I wasn't sure where to post this so it can be-

lol I'm kidding :P

the actual reason this thread is named as it is, is not to introduce me, but the OC I've (loosely) based off myself - Pencil Hoof.

I'll tell you a little about why he is the way he is.

Firstly, as you can see, he's a Zebra. This is to represent my black heritage. The only character in the series we're basically 100% sure is black is Zecora; a zebra. I felt it was important to portray my OC as black, because I find it an important part of me. However Zecora -i'm 99% sure- is African. I'm not pure African myself, but I felt this was the only way to clearly portray me being black. Though I'm pretty sure my family is from African slave heritage, so that doesn't bother me much.Next is the hat.I put this on to portray my personal taste in fashion. Now obviously I could have decked P. Hoof here out in a complete outfit, but let's be honest, no one (or at least not many people) wants their OC to always be in a full outfit. At least, not if you plan on drawing them frequently. If you do, I'm sure you'll quickly change your mind :P .Anyway, I chose the hat because I think it's something I wear a lot, a nd like to try to incorporate in  my outfits.Also, it's pretty easy to draw (Y) .Note this character is subject to extremely drastic change, as I rarely leave a character as-is. In fact I already have a small change in mind :) so what do you guys think?

Wgtrbosasawotilsiwwitatldr? (Was going to read, but opened spoiler and saw a wall of text i'm lazy, so I was wondering, is there a "too long didn't read"?

Why yes, yes there is.

Ready? Here goes: It's a Zebra with a hat! :P

So what do you guys think?

post-1895-0-09131500-1335421351_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pencil Hoof
  • Brohoof 2

I really like hin man... oh, wait... I can't say that.

Nah to be serious, I really like the way you've drawn him, he looks awesome. :D

I also really like the thought you've put into it, the reasons for your choices are pretty cool. :)

Cool! Keep making more! Practice makes perfect!

Practic makes perfect? What do you mean? It already IS perfect!

lol jk, I'll keep practicing ^_^

Love the hat, he looks awesome! :D

Thanks! I love the hat as well XD

He got swag :3

Well he is supposed to be based off me, glad that part got through lol XD

I really like hin man... oh, wait... I can't say that.

Nah to be serious, I really like the way you've drawn him, he looks awesome. :D

I also really like the thought you've put into it, the reasons for your choices are pretty cool. :)

Why can't you say that? :huh:

Well, this is version 3.0 tbh, but I was never happy with the previous designs, because they didn't reflect above mentioned things :P

Hello, Pencil Hoof, hows it going? I do enjoy your OC, digging that hat, and the background is quite interesting.

LOL the background was the hardest part! All that nothing (it was just the light hitting paper lol )XD

In all seriousness, the hardest part was the explanation, I was typing on my 3DS, so it took about 3 times longer than the drawing itself haha :P

I haven't seen too many Zebra OC, so this is a nice subtle addition to the growing Character bank, and no it wasn't too long at all. You should've seen mine when I first started, had no references, just my memory of the past gen ponies and a slight idea from seeing the current generation tv show.

Does he have any historical background, personality, name and age? or is Pencil Hoof all that is revealed?

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 1

hay awesome! u ARE good at drawing!

Wow thanks! And "Hay".. I see what you did there :P

I like it, I hope one day to be good as you, you're great inspiration :D

That's the first time anyone's ever called me an inspiration :o thank you!

So many great artist in these forums.

Really like the unique touch with this one. Zebra + Swag = epic.

Well my newest edition was to add wings so more like Zebra + Wings + Swag = epic lol, and thanks! ^_^

I can't say "I really like his mane" xP

Oops I missed this before :P

I'm looking for the right mane right now, as it's one of those things that's really hard to portray, as I have black people hair, and I'm a guys, so I keep it short... still, I'll try to find something

By the way everyone, I have some new Pencil Hoof pics I want to upload, but the DDoS is keeping me from uploading them, so I guess you'll have to wait a bit, sorry! I would also let you guys know when, but since you can't really bump threads... :/