Free sketches [Closed]

Once In A Blue Moon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... so, funny story:

I don't have access to a scanner any more. I'll get one, fairly soon, but I can't upload anything (even digital, where I work on scanned sketches.) You should be able to tell by this point that I'm not fast at this, but I will stand by my record of 'getting around to it eventually.' 

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
New post

• 1 month later...

Update: Scanners are a little bit expensive, so at this point I really can't guarantee any of the commitments I've made. I'm sorry. I'd like to get back in to drawing at some point, but I can't say when (I haven't had time... or rather, haven't made time for a little while now. I blame studying to improve - it proved really quite disheartening.) 

New post for technical reasons (my post history vanished with the new site, and I needed to keep track of this page.)

...3...2...1...LIVE

And the request shop is open again. I'm trying to do a wider variety of work, so I'll at least consider most ideas that don't require a background. I've also cleared the waiting list - if you were on there and I haven't done some art for you, let me know and I'll bump a new request to the top of the queue. 

Solar Paladin.jpg

18 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Ohh so maybe you could try drawing my OC Techno with his massive cape! Anyways his cape is like 2.5 times longer than his body so it's absolutely huge! :)

Aside from the cape, could I have a little more guidance;

What sort of pose would you like them in?

What expression do you want them to have?

2 hours ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

Aside from the cape, could I have a little more guidance;

What sort of pose would you like them in?

What expression do you want them to have?

Yeah like I was thinking he could be standing up on his hind legs like he could be in a similar pose to the OC in the post where you are saying that the shop is open. Plus he probably would be smiling in the drawing to! Plus I was also thinking that Techno would be wearing a massive piece of white fabric around his waist. He would have the fabric tied around his waist as if it's a cape around his neck so it would be flowing in the wind behind him. So yes the scene would be extremely windy and Techno would of also caught that white fabric and put it on when he caught it after getting blown away in the wind. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

Species: Pegasus
Colour scheme: Rewek's Coloring Can Be Found Here; https://sceneanimemanga.deviantart.com/gallery/42373374/OC-s-and-persona-fursona

Type: Hand-Drawn
Angle: Front-On

Coverage: Either Or

Expression: A Bit Meek

Other features: Rewek Is Really Clumbsy And As Such They Always Have Bandages. Rewek's Wings Are Useless. Rewek Has Patches Where Fur Will Not Grow Due To Their Skin Condition.

Rewek Reference;

Spoiler

5a3b456cc8571_20171220_154256-11.thumb.jpg.42821c0b198fdfed4417c53683f602d8.jpg

3 hours ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@Techno UniversalCan I check that this is the kind of pose you want?

Hide contents

TUcheck.png.05a2d6da6eb7fb5b0ddd45f8142df468.png

Note that this my reference sketch, which I will use to guide myself when drawing the main picture - I haven't started on it yet, so it's going to be a little while until it's done.

Ahh yes that pose is perfect for him! :)

Hi is it possible to get a sketch of my oc bright honor battle damaged confronting Daybreaker with Ultra Instinct? Bright is a white earth pony stallion, blue eyes and blue energy ball cutie mark. Build like shining armor. Black RD like tail and black Soarin like mane. Thanks! :) (Though with ultra Instinct his eyes would be silver and has a blue intense aura)

Edited by Glimmerlicious

could I please get an OC drawn of my OC Idea.

Race: Pegasus

Eyes: Cyan and slightly crossed

Fur: Tan, Light Gray or Yellow

Mane: Red

Tail: Blue on both sides with white on the middle of the tail

Cutie Mark: Scottish Flag in the middle with a Royal Guard emblem with a camera and a musical note next to it

Expression: WTF I'm A Pony

Angle: Inbetween front on and the side view

Wings: Halfway between raised and closed

Hooves: 3 on ground and one raised so I can see it and they look like most ponies

Size: Tall and not very muscular.

Please could you design it simular to my idea...

plz

@Glimmerlicious

I'm afraid I'll need to cut that down to just Bright Honour and Daybreaker. I'd suggest a 3/4 view (i.e. over-the-shoulder) - would you like it so that Daybreaker or Bright Honour is facing the viewer?

@Rainbow-The-Brony

I'm afraid that cutie mark is a bit too complex to fit, and would most likely come out as a complete mess (I struggle to draw all but the simplest cutie marks.) I could manage the Scottish flag without too much trouble, or any one other element (I also can't find the royal guard emblem.) As to the pose, I can manage the one described, but I will offer another suggestion that might emphasise the 

32 minutes ago, Rainbow-The-Brony said:

WTF I'm A Pony

aspect:

5a48244033446_Surprisedhoof-stare.png.d521639efdc3a119d410f4ddadff82f1.png

Your thoughts on that?
----
NOTICE TO ALL - NO FURTHER REQUESTS AT THIS TIME

2 minutes ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@Glimmerlicious

I'm afraid I'll need to cut that down to just Bright Honour and Daybreaker. I'd suggest a 3/4 view (i.e. over-the-shoulder) - would you like it so that Daybreaker or Bright Honour is facing the viewer?

@Rainbow-The-Brony

I'm afraid that cutie mark is a bit too complex to fit, and would most likely come out as a complete mess (I struggle to draw all but the simplest cutie marks.) I could manage the Scottish flag without too much trouble, or any one other element (I also can't find the royal guard emblem.) As to the pose, I can manage the one described, but I will offer another suggestion that might emphasise the 

aspect:

Your thoughts on that?
----

Reaction that is perfect

yes that should be fine for my cutie mark.

1 hour ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@Glimmerlicious

@Rainbow-The-Brony

aspect:

Your thoughts on that?
----

That’s fine. I can just pretend bright is displaying Ultra Instinct.

@Techno Universal Done.

I'm afraid that I'm not very happy with the colouring, as the blue-on-black cape doesn't really work with the pens I have available (I tried inverse colours, but even then the hexagon pattern was a complete mess so I blacked out the entire thing). As such, I scanned the line art prior to colouring - feel free to reuse that with digital colouring.

Spoiler

TU.thumb.png.31a697bf02498fc590c3c07967e57a84.png

12 minutes ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@Techno Universal Done.

I'm afraid that I'm not very happy with the colouring, as the blue-on-black cape doesn't really work with the pens I have available (I tried inverse colours, but even then the hexagon pattern was a complete mess so I blacked out the entire thing). As such, I scanned the line art prior to colouring - feel free to reuse that with digital colouring.

Reveal hidden contents

TU.thumb.png.31a697bf02498fc590c3c07967e57a84.png

Yeah I might try digitally colouring that myself in the future plus some artists have just drawn Techno with a blue cape that's similar in colour to his mane and tail and that lighter blue colour actually works really well on his cape! Anyways he still looks really good there! :)

@Sad Ghost Here you go; I kept it down to a head to try and focus more on the expression - the full body pictures tend to lose out there.

Spoiler

Rw3.thumb.jpg.688307309e62e4476857c1f964c41b83.jpg

@Glimmerlicious I've done Daybreaker's outline; I still need to do Bright Honour (on all fours, as requested) but some progress has happened.

Spoiler

5ac1443668b9d_GLNM1.thumb.jpg.149e606db00c351bc2c27d4ef2bef6d4.jpg

@Sherbert I'll get there eventually - don't worry, I haven't forgotten. It may be another three months, so I wouldn't advise waiting on a specific date.

To all others, apologies but it is still:

----

At this rate they'll open again in three to six months. Or possibly next weekend - who knows? I do have a backlog of some good podcasts to listen to, so if the mood takes me I might be more productive for a while.

6 minutes ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@Sad Ghost Here you go; I kept it down to a head to try and focus more on the expression - the full body pictures tend to lose out there.

Reveal hidden contents

Rw3.thumb.jpg.688307309e62e4476857c1f964c41b83.jpg

@Glimmerlicious I've done Daybreaker's outline; I still need to do Bright Honour (on all fours, as requested) but some progress has happened.

Reveal hidden contents

5ac1443668b9d_GLNM1.thumb.jpg.149e606db00c351bc2c27d4ef2bef6d4.jpg

@Sherbert I'll get there eventually - don't worry, I haven't forgotten. It may be another three months, so I wouldn't advise waiting on a specific date.

To all others, apologies but it is still:

----

At this rate they'll open again in three to six months. Or possibly next weekend - who knows? I do have a backlog of some good podcasts to listen to, so if the mood takes me I might be more productive for a while.

It's OK!

• 3 months later...