Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you in any clubs at school?

gamecubeguy214

I'm in a fantasy nerd club in my school. Basically, we all come together once a week after school, in a schoolroom that we get to use. We always plan what we will do at our next meeting. We often watch movies/shows, play games, have discussions about fantasy/sci-fi/more. It is pretty fun. I have showed MLP at least twice now, the first meeting, there were relatively few people, but they were fine with it. The next meeting (year later) more people attended. 

After a few weeks, I will be presenting Warcraft to the people in my club, due to the upcoming movie :)

Oh, and the club is called "Föruneytið" which means "The Fellowship" ;) <3 

• Brohoof 1

None at the moment, but back in highschool,

I used to be president of the Anime Club. 

and a member of the art club, chess club, mathematics guild and the Basketball team (One of these things is not like the other o_o) 

Not simultaneously though, since I usually swapped clubs every year.

(except for the Basketball team, which my parents forced me to stay in for four long years.) 

Sadly my middle school only offers the following: Chess Club, Checkers Club, and Art Club.

Though in High School, me and my Brony friends plan to start a My Little Pony or Brony club. Though it would be pretty embarrassing.

• Brohoof 1

In high school I was in the Christmas Theater group twice, at first because a girl I liked was in it, but later because it was actually fun. In college I was part of a student group to get discounts on my books, but other than that I never did anything special.

• 2 weeks later...

No. I've thought about it, but usually clubs take up too much time and effort for my liking. This may not count as it's not technically a club, but I am participating in a writing competition for my school where I have to travel to another district, so that's something.

Seeing as I'll actually live at the university I'm attending in the fall, I think I'll try not to be so shy and look into the LGBT club. At my last university, I went and introduced myself as an ally and walked off and couldn't ever come back and be honest... But I didn't live there, and making it to the meetings would have been a big inconvenience for me during a year where I was already burnt out. D:

I was in a debate club once but I left because no one could agree on anything. :dash:

I think I should join a debate club. I REALLY need to get better at arguing. I mean, I don't recall a single time I've won an argument with anyone.

• 1 month later...

I think I should join a debate club. I REALLY need to get better at arguing. I mean, I don't recall a single time I've won an argument with anyone.

Well look on the bright side, at least you can convince yourself. ;)

Seriously though, arguments are rarely won in real life, especially on the internet. Most of the time the arguments set forth eventually dissolve into complaints and criticisms with enough emotion and pressure involved. Typically a person will leave an argument with their view entrenched even more rather than adjusted.

I had my first day of a club that I started where we play Smash in my history teacher's room. Anyone have any clubs that you're in that you'd like to share? 

School Clubs I'm a part of are as follows:

- The BasketBall Team (We call ourselves "Mr. *Insert History's teacher foreign name here* Red Army!" This is because are history teacher is our coach.)

- The Computer Club (Free time to experiment with computers, and no we do not use word or scratch or anything like that. We mostly focus on the Hardware side of things; Fixing Broken computers and such.)

-The School Council (I'm the PR person, and my greatest achievement was setting up both The Computer Club and The Reading Club.)

• 4 years later...

I’m not IN a club because My college has garbage clubs. Not that they’re bad but there’s only like 4. One is for LGBTQ support, I tried to join (not because I’m particularly any of em. I just wanted to support friends who were) and they turned me out the door and denied me because I’m not explosively homosexual. I forget what the other three clubs are but I wanted to make my own club this year

Boxing club.

No clubs for me, my school is pretty boring.  My friend wanted me to join the country club, which is the only club we have beside the robo club, but I refused. I did wanted to make a tennis club but no one interested. 

College, I only participated to help with the Asian club because most of my friends are Asians. 

I've never been to any clubs at my school mostly as I believe at my university there are like literally two clubs one is the lgbt club and the other a well feminist club for obvious reason I'm not that interested in that. The lgbt group, I mean a lot of people make their sexuality or gender identity a statement. Which, I for personal values and reasons find myself disagreeing with. Mostly as I don't believe the lgbt should be political, which most find disagreeing. While I get their reasoning I don't agree with. That said, I don't see what would be fun with groups like that to be fair in my experience the most fun lgbt people are the ones that don't make it a big deal in their lives. Now as I'm finishing university I won't be attending any groups there but as I'm going back to finish trade school I might try to join some clubs. I would not mind making some friends preferably with likeminded people.

• Brohoof 1