Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can you handle alcohol?

ManaMinori

So, anectote- i took a walk because stress. Wound up buying a 14% alcoholic bev. At a gas starion. Drank itvwhile readingv. Got drunk, and because low alcohol tolerace, somehow (thank god) managed to walk home sucessfully and safely. So insanely tired, thoug

Once the alcohol kicked in, I had to keep slapping my cheek, eating hot Cheetos, listening to music to stay awake as I walked. And I couldn't walk straight to save my life. Tried jogging to kerp from falling asleep, but that was against my better judgment, and I fell. Giant dummy, I am. Once I got home, I just collapsed in the bed, tried sleeping, but spent the time uncontrollably laughing out loud and tossing aound like a loon, before I crashed.

Hpw well can YOu handle alcohol ?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

* i usually only drink enough to the point where i am noticeably louder and more outgoing than usual. i've handled it well. the only time i didn't was during a christmas party with some old work friends, but the thing is, i was drinking some sort of punch, so it was just like drinking plain old fruit juice, so it was easy to forget or not even think it was remotely alcoholic. i drank a whole glass jug of it to myself and spent the last 3 hours of the night feeling awful.

Honestly, I hate it with a passion of a burning Sun.

Once I turned 18 I catched up with my peers real quick and actually put them in shame with taking a 250 ml 60% vodka in one swing at the High School prom (everyone was like "what? how?"). I got rather drunk, but the teachers didn't notice (or rather didn't act, since all the guys were %%%). I also got really hammered on an outdoor "buck school, let's burn the books" outdoor party once we graduated - so much actually that I don't remember how I came back home. So yeah, I know how this stuff works on me...

I know my reactions on all levels of intoxication, and I can still stand after a 0,5 l bottle of vodka, so it's not that bad. Though I don't know then I've had enough, and if I start, I;ll go untill either all bottles are dry or I see thermal (yeah, I did once).

Sometime later I decided that I don't like alcohol one bit, and nowadays I won't even drink a glass of champagne on New Year. I just don't like it, and made a rational decision, yet everyone thinks I'm overreacting from my previous "experiences". Plus, drinking in Poland is rather mandatory, so bonus weird points for me.

I've developed a decent little tolerance to the stuff over my few years that I've been able to drink. Thankfully, it's still low enough that I don't have to get a lot of drinks or drink something hard by itself to get going, which, is really good cause I can't stand most things straight. I need my fruity mixes, yo. \o/

I can also manage myself well enough where I at least have a good sense about myself while under the influence.

My father has an unusually high tolerance for alcohol and I inhereted that from him, not to mention that I'm Russian and that basically means you're born with a vodka bottle in your hand. I can outdrink all of my friends, even after a bottle of vodka I'm pretty fine. These days I don't drink a lot of alcohol though, I've developed some allergic reaction to beer that makes me feel sick and it made me step back from alcohol altogether.

I mean, i can handle it, it just doesn't take a whole bottle of whatever to get me where i wanna go. I act rather stupid under the influence and even drunk called another member on here on new year's eve after having about 14 or so shots and had a 40 minute long conversation about the mac and cheese i was attempting to eat ( managing only to get about 3 damn noodles at  time) as well as how hard playing the Wii drunk is, i mean, jeez it's hard. I later marched into the living room where all my friends were, announced i was going to throw up and 180'd towards the bathroom to throw up. I think i also ran into the Christmas tree that was still up at the time to, oh and hardwood floors with socks are the super difficult to walk on intoxicated. 

Edited by Drunk Not I Am

I am quite partial to it and have a very high tolerance to alcohol. It takes quite alot of liquor to get me drunk. I also do not get hangovers even after getting absolutely black out drunk.......this leads to alot of babysitting hungover friends the next morning usually XD talking preferences I usually go for Whisky or Rum

Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 1

I am quite partial to it and have a very high tolerance to alcohol. It takes quite alot of liquor to get me drunk. I also do not get hangovers even after getting absolutely black out drunk.......this leads to alot of babysitting hungover friends the next morning usually XD talking preferences I usually go for Whisky or Rum

Hangovers for me just involve lying around wanting to throw up, i don't get the infamous headache. Lucky you with your hangover resistance   >_>

Yes, I can handle it, or at least the kind with a lower alcohol percentage. I like to drink imported German riesling, so that's only about 10% alcohol.

I don't think I'd ever want to drink anything stronger, though. I have no interest in anything besides European wine, heh.

Nah man, after 1 can of beer I am done.

Edited by Guest

I can never increase my tolerance, used to be able to take long swigs of tequila(Hate tequila so much) and be fine. Now I get drunk off of 6 PBR's and pretty damn drunk at 15. As for high Abv's the best test that I can recall is 1 and a half Four Loko's (14% abv, 23.5 oz) is definitely enough for me to get wasted(Though I stopped drinking those for two reason, tastes and feels like it is atomic and god awful to your health). Though I don't have issues with hangovers, as long as I keep drinking water I am perfectly fine in the morning. I drink pretty regularly too, don't know why I can't increase it.

Yes. Sometimes my friends think I'm gross xD. The highest proof I've had is 92 proof vodka ....I nearly had 11 shots along with two cups of chased rum...and by then I was STUPID drunk. Vomit, crying, falling over: the whole shabang. That's...death

But to be honest,maybe I CAN'T handle it as much as I think? I'm only 19 and haven't experienced the many strong alcoholic wonders yet to fully determine it. 

I only drink.socially though. I hate beer. 

Edited by Silver Stream.
  • Brohoof 1

I can drink quite a but. Even make my own hard cider and beer. Though I try not to drink the hard stuff, mainly whisky. Especially when I'm out in public. I tend to pick a lot of fights even if it's a guy who is twice my size. Or if I'm in. A good pub with live Celtic music I might find myself drunk enough to dance on the bar ???? nope I'm getting to old for those crazy things now. I monitor what I drink when I go out now.