Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can you handle alcohol?

ManaMinori

Whenever i drink just a little bit alcohol, i get a strange smokey feeling in my buddy.

And then i stop because i am scared.

So, no, i dont think i can handle alcohol that well, but im not sure.

I don't have much experience with drinking.

I think I have a high tolerance though, I once drank around 34 ounces of something I think was like 20% alcohol, and I wasn't so drunk that I couldn't stand upright or anything. Ah well, what do I know  :P

I don't have much experience with drinking.

I think I have a high tolerance though, I once drank around 34 ounces of something I think was like 20% alcohol, and I wasn't so drunk that I couldn't stand upright or anything. Ah well, what do I know  :P

Heh, I would say that is a hell of a tolerance. Even now I have drank five 16 oz Keystones(Super Cheap beer) and I am highly buzzed.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 5'6, and I used to be lighter than Featherweight when it came to tolerance (weight wise...no). There was the incident of Pirate Pony's bachelor party...I'll just say that I was unconscious by 9pm and have no recollection of it, and none of my brother-in-law's plans past "Check into room. Drink before gambling." came to be. 

I can handle my drinks very well. Don't drink to much anymore though because I don't find it as fun as I used to. I'll have a shot of whisky or two on occasion if I am feeling ill though. Clears ya up nicely. 

I once took a very very very tiny sip of wine. It didn't end well. It was so strong that I nearly gagged on it and I just cringed and wanted the aftertaste out of my mouth so badly... D:

I've never had beer or anything other than some mildly alcoholic cider, which I did enjoy, but any other alcoholic drinks are just not for me.

For me, it really depends on how much I have eaten that night. 

On a full stomach, I can handle alcohol pretty well. I like to drink IPAs, which are often 7% - 9%. I can handle a at least a few of those before I am close to drunk.

On empty stomach... that's a whole different story.

Edited by El Duderino

I once took a very very very tiny sip of wine. It didn't end well. It was so strong that I nearly gagged on it and I just cringed and wanted the aftertaste out of my mouth so badly... D:

I've never had beer or anything other than some mildly alcoholic cider, which I did enjoy, but any other alcoholic drinks are just not for me.

Depends on what you drink. Wine is different in many ways. Such as Riesling(Most disgusting sweet thing ever concocted compared to much more bitter wine imo). Everything is unique from beer, wine, to much harder liquor.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had a sip of alcohol my entire life, so I guess I can't really contribute to this discussion. I guess i'm just not that interested in giving it a shot since I work in the Department of Hepatology (liver) at my local hospital and an overwhelming majority of patients are admitted due to alcohol consumption :wacko:.  

So, anectote- i took a walk because stress. Wound up buying a 14% alcoholic bev. At a gas starion. Drank itvwhile readingv. Got drunk, and because low alcohol tolerace, somehow (thank god) managed to walk home sucessfully and safely. So insanely tired, thoug

Once the alcohol kicked in, I had to keep slapping my cheek, eating hot Cheetos, listening to music to stay awake as I walked. And I couldn't walk straight to save my life. Tried jogging to kerp from falling asleep, but that was against my better judgment, and I fell. Giant dummy, I am. Once I got home, I just collapsed in the bed, tried sleeping, but spent the time uncontrollably laughing out loud and tossing aound like a loon, before I crashed.

Hpw well can YOu handle alcohol ?

Dem typos friend. Are you right now drink? :D

I can hold my liquor pretty decently. It takes at least 2 40oz bottles to get me buzzed and at least 4 to get me actually drunk. That's empty stomach levels, it's higher when I have a full belly. I've also reached a point where it takes a whole lot of vodka to effect me. I'm well on my way to becoming a professional Russian.

Also, I ferment my own meads and wines.

Edited by Twiggy

Also, I ferment my own meads and wines.

Someone is on his way to make some serious money $$$$$ 

I'd say I'm on the lower spectrum of average.

A 7&7 and a pint of stout is enough to get me buzzed if I have them one after the other, but I'm not one to get drunk since I drink for the flavor and to help me relax.

Last D&D night, I wound up having 4 beers and a angry orchard and was completely sober the whole time, but it was over a period of several hours, so that doesn't really count.

... My brother on the other hand is a total lightweight. One drink is enough to get him there if he drinks it fast enough.