Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can you handle alcohol?

ManaMinori

I can handle alcohol very well since It’s hard for me to get ‘drunk’. While at the same, I know my limits.

I am very much a lightweight and I don’t like getting s**t-faced wasted cause it does terrible things to your liver and also hugging a toilet seat for hours the next morning isn’t my idea of fun. So I tend to keep my alcohol consumption as low as I can while still enjoying the occasional beer or wine. :twi:

In short, can I handle alcohol? Yes, but in small quantities. 

I can. In moderation.  I got so drunk one time though before I was legal, and ended up in having to be put on an IV in the ER, so I definitely learned then to tone it the heck down. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I refuse to comment as sadly I am underage in UK

I've just been allowed to have little sips of drinks ti try them however

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I love mojitos though

Edited by Sherbie-kun
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I am very much a lightweight and I don’t like getting s**t-faced wasted cause it does terrible things to your liver and also hugging a toilet seat for hours the next morning isn’t my idea of fun. So I tend to keep my alcohol consumption as low as I can while still enjoying the occasional beer or wine. :twi:

In short, can I handle alcohol? Yes, but in small quantities. 

Next step is whiskey! 

12 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Next step is whiskey! 

I've had champagne (y'know, that nasty shit), wine, and vodka (both diluted with orange juice and undiluted like a real comrade), but not whiskey. I've never had beer either because Grandma says it tastes nasty.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Blivy said:

Next step is whiskey! 

Whiskey is...I'm just gonna be honest, kinda gross. :lie: I'm more of a fruity flavored beer kinda gal. Angry Orchard, wine, margaritas, oh yeah. :arethosehands:

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Whiskey is...I'm just gonna be honest, kinda gross. :lie: I'm more of a fruity flavored beer kinda gal. Angry Orchard, wine, margaritas, oh yeah. :arethosehands:

Yeah and whiskey tends to hit like a nine lb hammer too XD

(edited)

I believe I can but I don't drink alcohol although while in Greece I had a couple, one of which being a whiskey shot I believe and I just chug it didn't feel anything but a little buzz then again that's just one shot. Though I had been drinking some of their drinks there they kept offering me alcohol and I was like yeah whatever

Yet I refuse to drink alcohol as it is high in carbs and I just don't want that close to me I'm trying to be healthy. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

(edited)
4 hours ago, AppleButt said:

I can. In moderation.  I got so drunk one time though before I was legal, and ended up in having to be put on an IV in the ER, so I definitely learned then to tone it the heck down. 

I’m so glad (and also feel way bad) that someone else gets this. My grandpa died when I was 19 or so and my parents went to get the funeral things taken care of. I was so heartbroken and destroyed about it I was like “hey I wanna forget everything” I drank so much I had pretty severe alcohol poisoning. Like I should’ve gone to the hospital. I was drunk that night, then the next day for the whole day. It was bad bad bad. So now being 21 I have the occasional happy hour time with friends but I don’t get crazy anymore. I learned my lesson pretty hard.

but to answer the question I can drink quite a bit before I get tipsy which is kind of a pain because it gets expensive to have a fun time out with family or friends. But if I haven’t eaten. Then it doesn’t take much at all.

so I’d say yes I can. (If I had a lil snack) :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Petrus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm usually pretty good with alcohol, can handle some of the stronger stuff like tequila, sambuca or whisky without much trouble. Vodka has slowly become my kryptonite, 'cause usually whenever I drink something that has vodka in it, I feel like shit the next morning lmao. I do love me some Jägerbombs tho. 

Edited by Prometheus

(edited)

Well I'm Irish so it takes quite a bit to put me down, that said one New Years Eve I drank soo many Rum&Cokes (although I find Coke icky so I substitute generic store brand soda) that I laid on the bathroom floor and prayed mightily for a swift death which never came and right then and there I vowed never to drink a drop of the demon alcohol! That promise lasted all of a few months when St. Patrick's Day rolled around, one must uphold the ancient traditions after all. :laugh:

Edited by PinkieSpy
Word formatting

tbh, I have no idea what my alcohol tolerance is since I normally don't like the taste or mouth feel of alcohol.  If I do drink some wine, it's going to be heavily watered down by how much ice I put in it and I'd probably only drink one glass of that and that would be enough for me since I don't really like how alcohol tastes.

• 8 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, no_longer_here said:

Not a big fan of whiskey either, and I like the fruity stuff too. 

It takes me 2-3 beers before I start to get toasted. I drank Mike's Lemonade until I made the switch to hard seltzer, which I like better because there's less sugar and no dyes.

From what I’ve observed with the little bit I’ve had, that’s a big “NO”.

One drink and I go curl up on the nearest soft surface for a nap.

Edit: Since you might be curious what it is I drink, the usual is a hot toddy, with chamomile tea, Wild Turkey 101, lemon, and honey.

Edited by ShadOBabe