Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony into board/card games?

Makazi

No one I know IRL seems to really care about them, but personally I love them. So I was wondering: Are any of you into board games? If so, which ones do you like?

Here's some of the ones I'm into (in no particular order):

1. Tsuro

2. Forbidden Desert

3. Jaipur

4. Robinson Crusoe Adventures on the Cursed Island

5. YINSH

6. Cosmic Encounter

7. Uno (of course)

8. Summoner Wars

9. Gin Rummy (game played with a standard deck of cards)

10. Klondike (a type of solitaire)

Additionally, out of curiosity, do any of you happen to have Tabletop Simulator? It's a wonderful platform for online board gaming.

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, I like board games. All of them, Honestly, but these are the ones I remember:

-Risk

-Monopoly

-DnD

-Uno

-Cards

I can't play DnD, though, so I'm not sure that counts :(

Also, Tabletop Simulator. I don't really want to buy it, if only because I don't have any friends that'll play it with me :P

Edited by Sansley
  • Brohoof 3

I like UNO, MTG and I was thinking about buying the MLP cards. Don't know anyone that will play the pony cards though.

Yeah the MLP cards are tempting, but likewise I'm pretty sure no one would play them with me.

Yeah, I like board games. All of them, Honestly, but these are the ones I remember:

-Risk

-Monopoly

-DnD

-Uno

-Cards

I can't play DnD, though, so I'm not sure that counts :(

Also, Tabletop Simulator. I don't really want to buy it, if only because I don't have any friends that'll play it with me :P

I can't play DnD either, but I've always been curious about it. Another one that I've never played but am really intrigued by (and actually own) is Twilight Imperium 3rd edition. It's unfortunately one of those games that takes 5-8 hours complete, and I don't know anyone (other than me) willing to put up with that sort of time commitment to a game.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah the MLP cards are tempting, but likewise I'm pretty sure no one would play them with me.

I can't play DnD either, but I've always been curious about it. Another one that I've never played but am really intrigued by (and actually own) is Twilight Imperium 3rd edition. It's unfortunately one of those games that takes 5-8 hours complete, and I don't know anyone (other than me) willing to put up with that sort of time commitment to a game.

Honestly, I probably would be commited to that. I generally like games that takes ages to complete. There's more enjoyment that way :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I probably would be commited to that. I generally like games that takes ages to complete. There's more enjoyment that way :lol:

Of course, makes the players more invested. :) Robinson Crusoe can take 3-5 hours to complete, and I've played it a few times with a bud online. You get really into each session and when you lose it sucks, but when you actually manage to win it's incredible.

• Brohoof 1

Axies and allies is a really fun board game. The only down side is that it takes to set it up.

Ah yeah, that seems like a cool one. Saw an old copy of it in a flea market once--was tempted to pick it up.

At times when I'd like to play board games, they would be the following:

Monopoly (any version and theme)

Risk

Trouble (and similar games, like Sorry! and Pachisi)

Checkers

Chess

Battleship

Connect Four

For card games however, here are the card games I like:

Solitaire

Klondike

UNO

Go Fish

War

Poker and Texas Hold 'em Poker (ONLY for fun and not gambling for money, candy, etc. As gambling usually doesn't result with a positive outcome (there's basically not much fairness with gambling))

:)

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 3

At times when I'd like to play board games (we are not talking card games here. That's for another thread (unless the author of the OP renames the title to include card games to avoid confusion)), they would be the following:

Don't know how to change a thread title, sorry. :) But yeah I am referring to either board games or card games. Though lots of board games do involve tons of cards, and there are some board games that are ambiguous enough that you could refer to them as card games, for example Summoner Wars; that's why I didn't really bother making the distinction.

Maybe a mod could help change the thread title.

Don't know how to change a thread title, sorry. :) But yeah I am referring to either board games or card games. Though lots of board games do involve tons of cards, and there are some board games that are ambiguous enough that you could refer to them as card games, for example Summoner Wars; that's why I didn't really bother making the distinction.

Maybe a mod could help change the thread title.

A mod could help.

But how you can actually change the title is by simply editing your first and original post on this thread. Therefore you will be given the option to change the title. Try it. ;)

• Brohoof 1

A mod could help.

But how you can actually change the title is by simply editing your first and original post on this thread. Therefore you will be given the option to change the title. Try it. ;)

That's really cool, thanks. :) I went ahead and changed it.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda do. It's complicated.

You see, I LOVE playing Cards Against Humanity, but not the real deal. I'd rather play an online version of it called Pretend You're Xyzzy, mostly because they allow custom decks from Cardcast.

Also, on a whiole 'nother train of thought, I'd like to think that my decks for PYX are FAR worse than the original CaH decks.

• Brohoof 1

I used to play Warhammer, 40K, WFRP, Shadowrun and AD&D, although none of those are boardgames strictly speaking.  I also like Risk, Monopoly, Diplomacy, Escape from Colditz, Game of Life, Trivial Pursuits and a whole heap of others.

At the moment, I mostly just play MtG when I get a chance to.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a monopoly fiend. Looove that game, even more now as an adult. The negotiating backdoor deals are the best

A while back I fancied that I was going to be a professional poker player once upon a time.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a monopoly fiend. Looove that game, even more now as an adult. The negotiating backdoor deals are the best

A while back I fancied that I was going to be a professional poker player once upon a time.

Monopoly is fun, but it seems to be most fun with a group of four or more. Unfortunately I rarely get such a group together. You know there's actually a My Little Pony version.

• Brohoof 2

Monopoly is fun, but it seems to be most fun with a group of four or more. Unfortunately I rarely get such a group together. You know there's actually a My Little Pony version.

That is almoat too tempting...

I agree-bigger the better. What my extended inlaw family does every Thanksgiving is get together at my wife's uncles house for like 3 days, and during that time the cousins all get together for some vicious Monopoly sessions. Signaling, speaking in code, the whole bit. Playing until bust, be it dawn or dark.

• Brohoof 2

That is almoat too tempting...

I agree-bigger the better. What my extended inlaw family does every Thanksgiving is get together at my wife's uncles house for like 3 days, and during that time the cousins all get together for some vicious Monopoly sessions. Signaling, speaking in code, the whole bit. Playing until bust, be it dawn or dark.

Well forgive me for using an overused expression, but I'm jelly, haha.

• Brohoof 2

Sure, I'll play games like Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Snakes n Ladders and Guess Who with my youngest cousins. I also enjoy Yahtzee, Clue, Chinese Checkers and Trouble, Sorry etc.

I used to know how to play Spades and Canasta but I've forgotten how and I like Skip-bo and Uno.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2