Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony into board/card games?

Makazi

Sure, I'll play games like Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Snakes n Ladders and Guess Who with my youngest cousins. I also enjoy Yahtzee, Clue, Chinese Checkers and Trouble, Sorry etc.

I used to know how to play Spades and Canasta but I've forgotten how and I like Skip-bo and Uno.

Snakes and Ladders is a really fun game. :) Yahtzee is a blast, though I most frequently play a similar game called Farkle.

That is almoat too tempting...

I agree-bigger the better. What my extended inlaw family does every Thanksgiving is get together at my wife's uncles house for like 3 days, and during that time the cousins all get together for some vicious Monopoly sessions. Signaling, speaking in code, the whole bit. Playing until bust, be it dawn or dark.

Hey, if your group is competitive, you might enjoy playing a game called Cosmic Encounter.

img_0417.jpg

The basic idea is that each player controls a unique alien race with its own abilities, and you're trying to conquer a certain number of enemy planets to win. It's great for groups since you can team up (if only temporally) with other players and succeed together.

• Brohoof 2

No one I know IRL seems to really care about them, but personally I love them. So I was wondering: Are any of you into board games? If so, which ones do you like?

Here's some of the ones I'm into (in no particular order):

1. Tsuro

2. Forbidden Desert

3. Jaipur

4. Robinson Crusoe Adventures on the Cursed Island

5. YINSH

6. Cosmic Encounter

7. Uno (of course)

8. Summoner Wars

9. Gin Rummy (game played with a standard deck of cards)

10. Klondike (a type of solitaire)

Additionally, out of curiosity, do any of you happen to have Tabletop Simulator? It's a wonderful platform for online board gaming.

Ooo yes! I play Magic:the Gathering (since old Ravnica) and Dominion. :) (Also Love letter is that counts >.> )And board game wise I play Talisman, Carcassone, Catan, Smash Up, Kings of Toyko, Android, Mansions of Madness, the list goes on... x)

• Brohoof 1

Ooo yes! I play Magic:the Gathering (since old Ravnica) and Dominion. :) (Also Love letter is that counts >.> )And board game wise I play Talisman, Carcassone, Catan, Smash Up, Kings of Toyko, Android, Mansions of Madness, the list goes on... x)

Dominion, cool! :D I was trying to learn that one the other day but couldn't initially wrap my head around it. I'll try it again sometime. Catan is great, as is King of Tokyo. I've heard good things said about Carcassonne but I've never gotten around to playing it, sadly. :(

• Brohoof 1

Dominion, cool! :D I was trying to learn that one the other day but couldn't initially wrap my head around it. I'll try it again sometime. Catan is great, as is King of Tokyo. I've heard good things said about Carcassonne but I've never gotten around to playing it, sadly. :(

Yeah Dominion is one of those games which flows really quickly when it *eventually* clicks, took me a few games to get it too ;) You should try Carcassone, fairly quick and fun in a small group. I don't recommend Android for a quick game though, first game took around three hours to set up and go over the rules x( so painful!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah Dominion is one of those games which flows really quickly when it *eventually* clicks, took me a few games to get it too ;) You should try Carcassone, fairly quick and fun in a small group. I don't recommend Android for a quick game though, first game took around three hours to set up and go over the rules x( so painful!

I'm sure I'll figure out Dominion eventually. ^^ Android looks fairly complex. Is it sort of like Battlestar Galactica?

I'm sure I'll figure out Dominion eventually. ^^ Android looks fairly complex. Is it sort of like Battlestar Galactica?

I'm afraid I'm not sure as I haven't played that but it is based off the Netrunner world (I think!) and was good fun to play but set aside, like, a whole day to play it or something, get snacks and have breaks kind of game lol!

I'm afraid I'm not sure as I haven't played that but it is based off the Netrunner world (I think!) and was good fun to play but set aside, like, a whole day to play it or something, get snacks and have breaks kind of game lol!

Seems like the kind of game I would love to play but never have the chance to. xD

• Brohoof 2

Oh yeah, I'm big fan of Card Games and am starting to get into more complex Board Games. The problem is finding people to play with, so so far I've only been looking into games that require min/only two players, like Star Realms, 7 Wonders: Duel, Epic, Android Netrunner, ect. 

• Brohoof 2

Seems like the kind of game I would love to play but never have the chance to. xD

Aww that's a shame :/ if you ever buy it get some kind of homemade sorting boxes for the boxes' contents, they provide nothing, repeat, NOTHING! And there are so many little bits and stuff >.> I hope you get to play sometime though :)

• Brohoof 1

Snakes and Ladders is a really fun game. :) Yahtzee is a blast, though I most frequently play a similar game called Farkle.Hey, if your group is competitive, you might enjoy playing a game called Cosmic Encounter.sig-4363138.img_0417.jpgThe basic idea is that each player controls a unique alien race with its own abilities, and you're trying to conquer a certain number of enemy planets to win. It's great for groups since you can team up (if only temporally) with other players and succeed together.

I've never heard of Farkle, I'll have to see if I can track it down

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, I'm big fan of Card Games and am starting to get into more complex Board Games. The problem is finding people to play with, so so far I've only been looking into games that require min/only two players, like Star Realms, 7 Wonders: Duel, Epic, Android Netrunner, ect.

Archaeology is a fun set-collection game that two players can play. It's got some aspects I'm not a fan of, though, such as the sandstorm and thief cards, the former which removes cards from everyone's hand when it's drawn, the latter allowing you to steal a card from your opponent's hand. Jaipur is kind of like Archaeology but minus the headache, plus the art is amazing:

overview_jaipur.jpg

For a more cooperative experience, Forbidden Desert is great, as is Forbidden Island (though I think Desert is the superior game). Pandemic shares similar mechanics and is also a good game for two players. (Defenders of the Realm as far as I can tell is Pandemic but with a medieval fantasy theme, which I prefer over Pandemic's virus-apocalypse thing it's got going on).

For bigger cooperative games that two can play, Robinson Crusoe's Adventures on the Cursed Island is fantastic, though games can last up to five hours or more:

ff723145a87e81f0e614f43c724ec6a2.jpg

Also, Eldritch Horror is pretty sweet.

I've never heard of Farkle, I'll have to see if I can track it down

You don't really need to track it down; you just need six standard dice and to look up the rules. :)

I'm pretty into Magic: The gather :P

I have made a few good decks.. 2 wolf decks.. and 1 pegasus deck (Just because :P )

One wolf deck i named "The hunt", designed to summon wolves then strengthen them and become really powerful.. and deal full damage without being blocked..

Another wolf deck named "The pack", designed to cycle a certain card to give me more and more wolf tokens and overwhelm my opponent with numbers..

My pegasus deck is meant to help me survive until later, healing me here and there and preventing my opponent from attacking until I get 10 mana..

Then I use Storm herd so summon as many pegasus tokens with flying as my life total.. Which, if I'm lucky, is over 20 :lol:

"I summon the entire of population of Cloudsdale!" xD "Ponehs attaaaaaccccckkkk!!!!" :P

But yeah.. Magic: The gathering..

Also, this funny MLP pic relating to it :P

9YIYL1a.jpg

EDIT: Oh! and i'm not sure if this counts.. But i LOVE to play gwent on Witcher 3.. it is so balanced and fun it deserves to be it's own real card game :)

e09a3867129d6f350f682959b4ca77d1a1870e6e

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm pretty into Magic: The gather :P

I have made a few good decks.. 2 wolf decks.. and 1 pegasus deck (Just because :P )

One wolf deck i named "The hunt", designed to summon wolves then strengthen them and become really powerful.. and deal full damage without being blocked..

Another wolf deck named "The pack", designed to cycle a certain card to give me more and more wolf tokens and overwhelm my opponent with numbers..

My pegasus deck is meant to help me survive until later, healing me here and there and preventing my opponent from attacking until I get 10 mana..

Then I use Storm herd so summon as many pegasus tokens with flying as my life total.. Which, if I'm lucky, is over 20 :lol:

"I summon the entire of population of Cloudsdale!" xD "Ponehs attaaaaaccccckkkk!!!!" :P

But yeah.. Magic: The gathering..

Also, this funny MLP pic relating to it :P

9YIYL1a.jpg

EDIT: Oh! and i'm not sure if this counts.. But i LOVE to play gwent on Witcher 3.. it is so balanced and fun it deserves to be it's own real card game :)

MTG was pretty fun when I played it a while back. ^^ Sadly I wouldn't have anyone to play it with these days.

Also, we'll say that Gwent counts. xD

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 1

MTG was pretty fun when I played it a while back. ^^ Sadly I wouldn't have anyone to play it with these days.

Also, we'll say that Gwent counts. xD

Same.. with my friends moved further away i don't have many people to play it with anymore :/

There is a place i know of which sells cards (even individual ones) and also hosts tournaments,

people often play there, but that's a little further away too..

Oh! I love Tabletop games of all kinds! I used to be into MTG for a while there and while that has tapered off into almost criminal negligence I still have many other games I play regularly. One of my favorites that I own is Superfight, that game has never failed to bring a group together regardless of size. Outside of the Table requirement I play a couple of Pen and Paper games regularly with an online Ponyfinder/Pathfinder group I play with and a local DnD 5e group that I play with as well. If I had more money... well I'd probably just spend it all on tabletop games I want to play. (lets face it, you can never have enough games)

• Brohoof 1

I like to play Monopoly, or Game of Life ( have no idea how its called in english, i just translated the german title ) and Game of Knowledge ( also no idea, how its called in english ) and Uno.

I even had an Uno Lcd Game, which i played for months.  :pinkie:

I also had Monopoly for consoles, like Monopoly for Ps 1 and Monopoly Party for Ps 2 and a real board game Version of Monopoly - Dc Comics Originals.  :twi:

If Video Games count, i also love Mario Party, Risk as a Video Game and Lego Chess as well as normal chess.

• Brohoof 1

I have all manner of exotic boargames including:

Twilight Imperium

Settlers of Catan

Hyperborea

Power Grid

Ascending Empires

Eclipse

Axis & Allies

Civilization

I also play several minis games including:

Warhammer 40k

Warhammer Fantasy

X-Wing

And also RPGs like DnD.  The latest version, 5e, is fantastic, but I still enjoy 3.5e and Pathfinder.

Sadly, I just moved and haven't found a good gaming group for DnD or anything else for that matter.  I don't suppose any Brony's who are into tabletop gaming live in the Washington D.C. / Baltimore area?

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not too much into card and boardgames nowadays, but I used to LOVE the Disney version of Monopoly. I'll still also play an occasional game of Apples to Apples and Cards against Humanity. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I have all manner of exotic boargames including:

Twilight Imperium

Settlers of Catan

Hyperborea

Power Grid

Ascending Empires

Eclipse

Axis & Allies

Civilization

I also play several minis games including

Warhammer 40k

Warhammer Fantasy

X-Wing

And also RPGs like DnD.  The latest version, 5e, is fantastic, but I still enjoy 3.5e and Pathfinder.

Sadly, I just moved and haven't found a good gaming group for DnD or anything else for that matter.  I don't suppose any Brony's who are into tabletop gaming live in the Washington D.C. / Baltimore area?

How is Eclipse, by the way? A year or so ago I was looking at Twilight Imperium and Eclipse since they both looked somewhat similar, and ultimately I went with Twilight Imperium.