Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony into board/card games?

Makazi

Me and my friend have started a huge thing out of playing MtG at our school. I'd say there are about twenty of us.

I have Tabletop Simulator and play it frequently. If you're worried that you don't have any friends to play it with you, that doesn't really matter. Most of the games I play on there are with random people online.

Speaking of Tabletop Simulator, I do know of a ponified version of Cards Against Humanity which is good fun to play on it called Cards Against Equestria.

Edited by Saroth
  • Brohoof 1

How is Eclipse, by the way? A year or so ago I was looking at Twilight Imperium and Eclipse since they both looked somewhat similar, and ultimately I went with Twilight Imperium.

Pretty good.  It plays a lot faster than Twilight Imperium, has no BS cards like public execution, and lets you actually customize the loadout of your warships.  Its definitely worth giving a try.  Good luck finding other people to play it with, though. 

I like monopoly, but I don't have any friends to play it with and there's hardly any good online versions of it, especially since a game can take so long to complete.

Other then that, my fav board game is Backgammon. I used to play it on Yahoo Games all the time, it's a shame Yahoo shut down their board games....

• Brohoof 1

I don't suppose you live in Maryland?  We could get a game together then. 

Unfortunately, no. I suppose we could do turn based, back and forth via messages, but that would mean finding somewhere to lay out the game. I don't really have the space in my room to do such a thing, and I'm pretty sure no one wants me taking up the kitchen table for potentially weeks, lol. Tabletop Simulator actually has a version of Twilight Imperium on the Steam workshop, as well as some versions of Eclipse. Thing is that people seldom play those games even on TTS.

It would be great if we could form a Brony table top group, but I haven't had any success even organizing a Civilization V multiplayer game much less this.  For dnd, though, you can use roll20 to play together with friends online.  You would need a DM though.

• Brohoof 1

Coup 0.o best card game I know. It's super simple, and easy to play anywhere. It's pretty much a deception game he he

Oh! And munchkin. I have so much fun backstabbing my friends playing munchkin.

Edited by Heart Beat
  • Brohoof 1

I love Monopoly. And Life. And Scrabble. I also play trading card games like YuGiOh (if anyone still plays with those) and Pokemon TCG (i doubt anyone still plays with THOSE kinds of cards these days).

I also play this one card game with my family where everyone is given 13 cards and you have to arrange them in three tiers, bottom and middle rows have five cards while top row has three. The objective of his particular game is to have the best poker hand in at least two of the three hand tiers. Absolute loser shuffles the deck and passes the cards. Winning conditions determeined by the participants. By the way, the best way to arrange your hand in this particular game is to have the best hand in the rows of five with the worst of them being in the top row of three.

• Brohoof 1

It would be great if we could form a Brony table top group, but I haven't had any success even organizing a Civilization V multiplayer game much less this.  For dnd, though, you can use roll20 to play together with friends online.  You would need a DM though.

Yeah, it would be pretty neat. I've actually never played DnD, so I would have no idea where to begin.

• 3 months later...

I love playing board/card games and I played a few of them back then. Some of the board/card games I used to play are:

- Go Fish

- War

- Uno

- Monopoly

- Candyland

- DnD

- Magic the Gathering

- Yugioh

- Pokemon

I don't play that many board/card games now, but the card games that I play now are:

- Cardfight Vanguard

- Weiss Schwarz 

I used to be into Dungeons and Dragons. I guess that counts as a board game, sort of. I still like the game but don't really play it much anymore. All my hirelings bit the big one. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I used to be into Dungeons and Dragons. I guess that counts as a board game, sort of. I still like the game but don't really play it much anymore. All my hirelings bit the big one. 

That's ok, hirelings are supposed to die:  http://comic.nodwick.com/?comic=2001-01-01 If you can't keep them alive just play a necromancer, and you can raise any dead hirelings as zombies.  They're just as useful and you don't have to pay them. 

Edited by Twilight Dirac

One game I really like:  Apples to Apples.  I hope I won't get ripped apart for saying I like something that's from Mattel...

Some day, I'd like to build my own card game; I have some good ideas for one...hopefully I can get an online multiplayer version of it on the AppStore someday!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Monopoly, that's my favorite board game. As other people have mentioned I also like Risk and Chess a lot.

Recently, I started to learn the Pokémon card game. I think it's really fun! Does anyone else here play it? (Or is interested in learning?)