Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony into board/card games?

Makazi

6 hours ago, Bas said:

Munchkin...too chaotic, luck dependent and drawn out games for me.

It's all about the artwork for me 

Kovalic artwork :wub:

5 hours ago, BronyNumber2 said:

Anypony play Heroquest?

RPG or

pic338410.jpg

It's the board game for myself, about the only thing I don't have for it is the sticker album (and stupidly I had that when I was younger :yeahno: )

1 hour ago, Dawnchaser said:

RPG or

pic338410.jpg

It's the board game for myself, about the only thing I don't have for it is the sticker album (and stupidly I had that when I was younger :yeahno: )

Yes :mlp_yeehaa: have you seen http://www.yeoldeinn.com

I have every expansion: US and UK versions, a US, UK, French, and German Copy of the main game, scans of the White Dwarf articles featuring adventures, a translated scan of the Japanes version (which is quite different), both puzzles, 3 novels, design kit, hard copy of the NES game, a few of the computer games, Advanced HeroQuest and its 1 expansion.

My brother and I just finished every published adventure. Now we start the fan made stuff.

7 hours ago, BronyNumber2 said:

Yes :mlp_yeehaa: have you seen http://www.yeoldeinn.com

I have every expansion: US and UK versions, a US, UK, French, and German Copy of the main game, scans of the White Dwarf articles featuring adventures, a translated scan of the Japanes version (which is quite different), both puzzles, 3 novels, design kit, hard copy of the NES game, a few of the computer games, Advanced HeroQuest and its 1 expansion.

My brother and I just finished every published adventure. Now we start the fan made stuff.

Nice :)

I've owned mine since '89, bought the expansions and White Dwarfs as they came out.

Regular or Advanced Quest edition of the UK game?

Do you have...

Image27.gif

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dawnchaser said:

Nice :)

I've owned mine since '89, bought the expansions and White Dwarfs as they came out.

Regular or Advanced Quest edition of the UK game?

Do you have...

I have a scan of that. I have the regular, US versions of Keller's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, Barbarian Quest, Elf Quest, and the UK versions of Keller's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, Against the Ogre Horde, Wizards of Morcar. What is weird is the cover art for Keller's Keep and Witch Lord are different between the US and UK versions. It's the same scene but clearly not the same painting.

Also the maps for the base game was different between US and UK versions. It would be 99% the same, but maybe monsters were in different places. The Japanese maps were totally different, and it had a way to gain body points between adventures.

I've always wanted to learn how to play a tabletop game, I enjoy the ones where you choose how your character plays. It's a generic first choice for a game but I want to learn how to play DND eventually

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, BronyNumber2 said:

I have a scan of that. I have the regular, US versions of Keller's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, Barbarian Quest, Elf Quest, and the UK versions of Keller's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, Against the Ogre Horde, Wizards of Morcar. What is weird is the cover art for Keller's Keep and Witch Lord are different between the US and UK versions. It's the same scene but clearly not the same painting.

Also the maps for the base game was different between US and UK versions. It would be 99% the same, but maybe monsters were in different places. The Japanese maps were totally different, and it had a way to gain body points between adventures.

UK: Main, Advanced, Kellar's, Witch Lord, Ogres, Wizards, Design Kit and Novels, WD's, Winter Special ...and Sticker book - but no stickers :)

US: Barbarian, Elf

First quest was different between UK & US? The Maze vs The Trial?

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I've always wanted to learn how to play a tabletop game, I enjoy the ones where you choose how your character plays. It's a generic first choice for a game but I want to learn how to play DND eventually

It's been years since I got to play a Tabletop RPG like D&D, but I still remember having so much fun just fooling around. I kinda want to try my hand at DMing a game eventually.

• Brohoof 4

44 minutes ago, Bas said:

DM?

Dungeon Master, the storyteller who crafts the world the players will be adventuring through. Also known as GMs or Game Masters, basically they're the one in charge of making sure the other players have a good time.

• 2 months later...

I love playing The Game of Life and Monopoly with my family....we don't have them very often but family game nights are always sooo much fun! 

• 9 months later...

I love both card games and board games! I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! semi-seriously back in 2012/2013, but it's been a while. If friends are having a game night together, I'm always happy to pick up something new!

I've also been playing D&D more than once a week for the past year, and it's been absolutely wonderful. The degree to which you can design and play your character is incredibly large, and it's so much fun to play with a good group of friends. :twi:

I do like board games but are only fun to play with a decently sized group of people. Preferably more than three... As for card games? I have 0 idea how to play them except for Go Fish, lol.