Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who do you like to play as?

CastletonSnob

When you play a video game, what kind of character do you like to play as? Do you like to play as the kind of character that can take out enemies in 2-3 hits, but moves like a sloth on downers? Do you like to play as the kind who is very fast, but is not good at taking hits? Do you like the kind of character that is well-rounded in all areas?

• Brohoof 1

I'm multi-class in almost games games with class oriented gameplay which I played.

But my favorite is good armored protector (aka tank) who protects party. Also I'm good as healer.

ready_for_battle___shining_armor_by_myth

Edited by Crypty

close combat is allways fun and in games where most people use guns and i get a chance to run around with an axe or sword makes me happy, dont need armor, just alot of speed and agresshion works for me, nouthing is more scary then getting stormed by an angry man with an axe

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy characters who have a decent amount of speed and attack.

They don't have to be super fast or super powerful, just fast enough to be able to move around comfortably and strong enough to actually deal some damage to my opponents.  And be able to do that again.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit of coward, so I like to focus on quick characters who can attack first, fast, from a distance and runaway if needed. Reason why sniper is one of my preferred classes.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Most video games I enjoy playing as a warrior-type class. The Dragon Age series is the only exception where I break this rule and play as a Mage because the writers made mages interesting to me. I enjoy taking part in the controversy that mages have.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to go for an all rounder the first play-though i do of whatever game, which usually tends to be my longest of all the runs just because i want to see, do and master everything. Then i branch out and focus on something in particular, like right now in skyrim i'm doing an Illusion/ sneak mage. 

Any mage-type character.

Typically that means I stand in the back-line taking potshots at any enemies and run away the moment anything gets too close.

Either that or healers, because I like being the one that decides who lives and who dies.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

It depends. On Dark Souls, I change between quick and slow characters. On Dragon Age: Inquisition, my main character is a dual-wield rogue. Sometimes I play as mages. It just depends on what kind of playstyle I feel like going with.

I like playing classes with flashy ranged attacks, so usually I end up as some kind of spellcaster. What can I say, warriors and melee combat doesn't appeal to me as much as hurling fireballs.

And as for balance, I'm usually a glass cannon. I just have to play more skillfully to substitute for my characters brittleness.

For gaming, I usually go choose close combat by dual wielding swords, but now I enjoy using ranged weapons like guns for a way to create different tactics. My characters are always quick at attacking, than a slow but powerful tank.

I like to be able to take any role I need. Infantry, sniper, run-'n-gun, or blow shit sky-high.

In a group, I aim to protect my team-mates at all costs. We got here together, we're gonna leave together.

I try diversifying myself. I usually like it when i can combine playstyles like when i can be a tank that can cast defensive and offensive spells or be that character that is smart and lethal by acessing otherwise inacessable areas to unlock powerful equipment to dramatically enhance playstyle effectiveness.

I've always been really good with characters that are either heavy or focus on close combat. Those sort of characters seem to be just easier to use for me compared to lightweight/speedy characters. But on occasion, I also like to play as characters that focus on hit-and-run tactics.

When you play a video game, what kind of character do you like to play as? Do you like to play as the kind of character that can take out enemies in 2-3 hits, but moves like a sloth on downers?

I've rarely actually seen this be the case. Usually my heaviest hitters are also some of my fastest characters.