Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who do you like to play as?

CastletonSnob

I like to try every character or everything in fighting games to see who fits my style. I like characters that I'm able to make combo strings. For racing, I like cars with a great balance and speed and handling, with acceleration in case I get into a sticky situation, which was especially for Mario Kart 7 and beyond, needed that speed to get ahead, acceleration to recover quickly and the handling to get around corners and obstacles as fast as possible. For FPSs, and games like fortnite, I like balanced loadouts where I have a weapon ideal for almost all situations. 

I’ve always gravitated toward ranged characters, especially mage-types. I prefer firing from a distance versus fighting melee-style! 

I usually like to play as someone who gets right in the middle, causes havoc and disappears.
Skyrim: two handed sword and heavy armour,
FPS: SMG and movement perks,
Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune.
Even in RTS games I like to roll tanks through the opponent's supply lines and rally points.

Games that are particularly good for this playstyle are Dishonored, Severed Steel, Metal Gear Rising. (Outdated now: CoD4.)

Edited by Hat988

I play all kinds of characters, starting from "brutish" melee fighters ending with mages that win combat with clever use of all sorts of mind tricks, turning enemies against one another. But my favourite is the latter. I like winning with my brain, outsmarting the opponet and considering muscles a "last resort" that rarely happens. 

When not going for immersion though I also enjoy finding all sorts of cheesy exploits (in singleplayer games, of course) and using them for hilarious results. Skyrim in particular excels at it in my book, allowing very stupid builds as soon as You become creative with what Todd Howard bestowed upon us :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

I usually go for more balanced types in games, preferably melee balanced types. But occasionally I'll try for ranged. In most shooters and some RPGs I don't mind playing medic if the team needs one (sadly, most of the time they do). 

Some MMORPGs that have more freedom with classes I like to do melee main class  and ranged sub class to allow for close and far ranged options in combat like in Phantasy Star Online 2 with it's main class and sub class system. 

I remember when playing Final Fantasy Explorers I went with the freelancer 'job' allowing you to basically build what you want. I liked being a damage dealer but also a healer. The healing wasn't as effective as a white mage's healing, but it's healing regardless.

sly cooper I guess and wheelchair bentley. 

Reasons? For sly I like the mobility to be able to grab on to things and to use a parachute, and of course to be sneaky and steal stuff.

Also his calm attitude to life.

Bentley? 

The triple jump jetpack is one of the reason. Bentley being a 'nerd' have never bothered me. Maybe because he is not just your typical stereotypical nerd. You get to use the different gadgets he invents, which I always liked. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...