Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you be too old to dress goth?

Member Berry

In my opinion, there is no age to be yourself. If you feel like a goth deep down, dress like one! Don't let the judgement of others stop you from being who you truly are because being different is what makes you special! If some God wanted everypony to be the same, would he have created an infinity of diversity among the living beings? I don't think so! Dress like a goth if it reflects who you are! :mlp_icwudt:

Gothic or not, if that's what you want to wear, I always say go for it. You only live once after all! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think the typical goth phase is a teenager one but the style in and of itself is just that. I think goth is a style anyone can rock. But the general stereotype of the lifestyle of goth can be a bit reckless so perhaps that's why it was heavily discouraged for adulthood. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been a goth since I was a teenager. Only difference is my style has matured. I’ve got some nice black tops, pants, boots and hats. I look more elegant now as opposed to how I used to. Not that you won’t find me every now and then in a Joy Division tshirt. It’s just I dress nicer now.