Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first view on Bronies

n00bUltima

I was very surprised and a bit confused as to why so many teenagers and adults were into My Little Pony of all things but dismissed it as a slightly odd yet harmless interest and decided that it was not my place to judge them. I was very disgusted at the blind hatred many of them faced and still do and was actually impressed at the quality of many of the fanworks and did admire the creative side of the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I didn't really give a shit at first. I was kind of like "eh, they're grown men liking MLP, but I'm 10 years and old I like Thomas the Tank Engine so it doesn't matter."

Yeah, I'm not the most negative guy when it comes to first impressions xd

I am usually the complete opposite when it comes to people on the internet, which are full of negative people hurting other people's feelings and saying mean things like F*G or G*Y.

Just because I am on the Internet, does not mean I have to act that way either. I am usually open to embrace new ideas, like Doctor Who, My Little Pony, or even Invader Zim. The majority of people see past what we like in these things, and seem to find the negatives in absolutely any possible thing.

I was completely open to check it out and see why without any hurtful comments or encouraging depression upon anyone. I can't really explain it very well, because it's the Internet, and sometimes like in real life, some of these people don't say the reason why they get mad at us for doing what we like, even though it doesn't hurt anybody in a physical or mental way.

TL;DR

Was curious why, willing to try something new. (Like broccoli)

Edited by SUPERFOX5
  • Brohoof 1

I hadn't even heard of bronies until I started watching the show. I do remember, come to think of it, an instance during freshman year of college when my old roommate's brother brohoofed our friend group. I didn't know what that was and thought nothing of it at the time. Shortly after, I stumbled across an episode on TV and found Equestria Daily when looking for other episodes online. That's when I learned about the fandom. By then, I considered myself a fan and was happy to know that others my age liked the show too. :)

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

Well, i had always thought of myself as someone who would be in a kind of crazy and embaresing fandome for something that nobody would think of so when i hear about bronies i knew i wanted to be one :) and i never regretted, this is the most amazing and wonderfull fandome ever and it has made my life about 20% cooler B)

• Brohoof 1

I had never heard about them until after I already started watching the show, then saw/heard fan music on youtube, heard about mlpforums(this is when I realized "Oh, hmm, there are other people that like the show like me. lol, cool", then 4chan, then fanfictions, etc. Still finding things on the internet I'd never seen/heard of before, like deviantart, btw.

Me, I wanted to go see what was going on right away, cuz I knew there was a recipe for comedy gold in the details somewhere. Fortunately, this forum hasn't had near the amount of problems with cynics and haters that the other ones did, but the indigenous bronies over there handled it well. One example from another forum:

Troll: *with a crosseyed Barney Gumble avatar* YAYZ TIZ AGE3-5 SHOAW SI SO GRATE MY FAVEORITE PART WAS WEN TEH FLYING YELLOW HOARSE GOT MAD AND TURNED INTO STEROID AHNULD FLYING HORSE AND SMOSHED TEH MANIACS HAIR MACHEENE HOPE VIDAL SASSOON DIDDON'T GET MAD IT WSA HAWTNESS!.!

:okiedokielokie:  SensibleBrony: What's with this guy?!

:sunshower: WittyBrony: I think he's Crackle's cousin!

Edited by Trinitron Keys

I thought that they were really bizarre. My brother and I discovered the fandom from a documentary on Netflix. I thought it so strange that I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. :lol: I watched the first episode with my brother and I have been watching ever since. That was about 3 years ago. To be honest, I still think this fandom is bizarre, but it's something that I've come to embrace :)

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

I thought it was neat that a group of guys was secure enough in themselves to enjoy a show made for girls.

I was a strong proponent of the fandom in the very beginning... That was until I saw everything else about the fandom. >.<

• Brohoof 2

I thought it was REALLY stupid at first. Like, really? Out of all the shows, people are latching onto a show about magical horses and friendship...

Then I watched the Pony.Mov series out of pure curiosity, found it to be hilarious, then thought "why the hell not" and watched the first episode.

7 Months later, and here I am XD

I thought it was strange... for about two seconds. I came across the concept at first and I thought it was a joke. Then when I found out it was a real thing I was like "oh so that's what it was". Then came the two seconds of confusion followed by "well if that's what they like, besides there's loads of kids shows with adult an audience, and I like/liked (don't remember which word I said) powerpuff girls, I can't talk". I excepted it and went about my life until the frustration of seeing it everywhere got to me and I felt obliged to watch MLP. Said liking would last about 3 years.

I knew of the whole thing, i used to HATE the show and everything about it. I had nothing but blind hate towards the whole thing, used to have a friend that watched it and i gave him hell for it until somehow pony stuff appeared on my youtube and then my curiosity pushed me in.  

Edited by Drunk Not I Am
  • Brohoof 2

I thought it was kinda weird at first, but I was like, whatever. My first meeting with a brony online was not pleasant. He was a rude, nasty,bullying little troll and I'm not afraid to admit that I've got a temper and a big mouth and ripped him a new one.

I met quite a few who were like that and started developing a negative view of them as rude, immature little turds who deserved a good smack across the face, but then I met some who were just peachy and it reminded me of my motto to judge who someone is, not what they are.

I'll still rip the nasties a new one and converse pleasantly with the ones who like the same franchise I do. I've made some good friends.

Edited by Leave a Whisper