Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first view on Bronies

n00bUltima

"Boys that like My Little Pony? HAHAHA, it is a girly show for girls. Boys should only like football/soccer, axes and guns."

"Why does it have 8/10 in iMDB, that is impossible."

one episode later...

"That was great. Let's go to the next one."

three years later...

"Boys that like My Little Pony? HAHAHA, it is a girly show for girls. Boys should only like football/soccer, axes and guns."

"Why does it have 8/10 in iMDB, that is impossible."

one episode later...

"That was great. Let's go to the next one."

• Brohoof 2

"What's a brony? Is that what adults call ponies" That was pretty much my first thought when I saw a video that mentioned brony in the title. To be honest I found the term a bit intimidating at first for some reason. Maybe it was because the word pony sounds softer while brony has that R in it so it sounded slightly aggressive to me.

After getting to know the fandom I found it neat that people of all ages were enjoying the show.

• 5 weeks later...

first thing I ever heard about bronies was the media coverage of the documentary of all those nice seeming people altogether getting judged 

I am the time was looking for nice people to be around, so I gave the show a shot 

four years into it its one of my favorite things period and I found gems of friends that I wanna keep my entire life 

no other show has ever led to THAT for me :3 

It wasn't like most people, where it'd be "Wow, what a bunch of weirdos". No, I've been on the Internet a long time, I've seen things weirder than grown MLP fans (and some of you I know from other sites, so you know what I mean). Not saying it's weird in any way though, as being weird is cool.

It was just really, a reaction of "I don't get it". I didn't think it was odd, but I just didn't get it at the time.

I had joined this site after a friend dragged me here in mid-2012, but lurked around and tried to get the fandom over the next few years. I totally get it now. It's a fun fandom!

Get this, and this is legit, I had NO IDEA, lol bronies were even a thing for like the first couple days of marathoning the show... I was showed it by someone, and began to marathon them from netflix straight into the first half of the 4th season... i didnt know about "bronies" till further internet exploration, and quicker than a bad drug, my heart and mind were set haha. When i "first" heard of bronies, it was intrigue and relief, I thought, omg, so people are seeing what I am seeing.. and apparently many things I did not... we had skype groups, facebook groups were more happening, kind of glad BPU ended, and I am not sure where FIF is... but I started on to the dub/trap, I got real involved in the fandom, i miss it how it was before, where people could click up on skype to have a group chat and what not... being a brony in 2013-2015 was where it was happening. I thought some were cool, some of the trolls that were like half embracing would always irritate me, because it was never good sarcasm, they just saw how into it some people were, so for the sake of it, decided to stir crap up in a place they claim to "like being"... anyways... bronies have always been considered an affiliated title for myself, but I am not a self procclaimed brony and never have been, but if the title is slapped on me, its because it more than fits with the description lol

• Brohoof 1

Well, a few blind reactions popped up in my YouTube recommended after I lent my phone to my younger sister to watch mlp on. At first, I was kind of confused as to why all these 30 year old guys were reacting to mlp, and I thought it might be some kind of joke. In the end I googled Brony after seeing all these Like if you're a Brony comments.

I was actually very relieved, as I'd been telling myself I was watching these videos for the reactions (which I was at first), but I guess I had realised I was enjoying the show as well. I had been really confused, as it really isn't like me to like something so far below my age range- in fact I often find it hard to interact with people my own age as I'm not interested in pop music, celebrities etc. I'm interested in classical music, old books etc. My friends can spend hours in Topshop, I can spend hours in the local antique shop. So I really was not expecting to enjoy a TV show for 5-year-olds!

My reaction was 'Thank goodness, I'm not a total weirdo then.'  :adorkable:

5 hours ago, Phill said:

At first I thought it was just people trolling online, and enjoying the show sarcastically 

That's me EXACTLY!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I didn't see anything bad about them though I was worried that I would be a little too old to interact with them so I remained cautious initially. Once I found out that there were those in the fandom even older than I was, I felt more comfortable knowing I wouldn't feel out of place.

For a few years, I thought bronies were the strangest people. I was pretty confused and at first I couldn't believe that anyone besides a little girl or a nostalgic adult born in the 80s would really care about My Little Pony. Eventually I learned my lesson. I watched an episode for the first time just so I could see 1. what all the fuss was about and 2. just how cheesy and girly it would probably be.

I thought bronies are weird people, male adults should enjoy soccer, action movies, video games, right!? For a few years, action movie, egdy animes, violent video games are my standard of entertainment and i despised girly stuffs and colorful things so i already dislike bronies even without understand them, i thought them are furry weirdos, 'ponifying' anything they can find, and my friend is a brony, my annoying to bronies getting more frustrating. After giving it a try, i like some episodes but still don't understand why bronies make a big deal of it. Thanks to EQG and Rainbow Rocks, i finally get into the show, study Bronies cultures, watch reactions, watch some eps that i skipped and go to the forums... I went into this show just because of EQG, but time went on, my affections for the main show getting stronger that i care for ponies more than humane and here i am, getting addicted to the show that i despised......... This show opened my eyes, it showed me that good stories can be in any form... and bronies are cool too so yeah... I become a brony. 

I hadn't really heard of them much, but I thought it was kind of odd. I didn't know how much hate they got, and when I found out I was surprised. I saw no harm in liking a tv show, but I just kind of shrugged it off, as I never thought I would end up joining the fandom myself. :grin:

To be honest when I first heard the word "Brony" I thought it was a MLP pun related to a suggestive conduct. i don't mind guys in all ages liking mlp, but there are some I'm like..

d0gkz.gif

All that "flap" and waifu talk toward the characters in a f**kin kids shows just really bug the hell out me. 

Edited by TBD

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, Aquaflame said:

Get this, and this is legit, I had NO IDEA, lol bronies were even a thing for like the first couple days of marathoning the show... I was showed it by someone, and began to marathon them from netflix straight into the first half of the 4th season... i didnt know about "bronies" till further internet exploration, and quicker than a bad drug, my heart and mind were set haha. When i "first" heard of bronies, it was intrigue and relief, I thought, omg, so people are seeing what I am seeing.. and apparently many things I did not... we had skype groups, facebook groups were more happening, kind of glad BPU ended, and I am not sure where FIF is... but I started on to the dub/trap, I got real involved in the fandom, i miss it how it was before, where people could click up on skype to have a group chat and what not... being a brony in 2013-2015 was where it was happening. I thought some were cool, some of the trolls that were like half embracing would always irritate me, because it was never good sarcasm, they just saw how into it some people were, so for the sake of it, decided to stir crap up in a place they claim to "like being"... anyways... bronies have always been considered an affiliated title for myself, but I am not a self procclaimed brony and never have been, but if the title is slapped on me, its because it more than fits with the description lol

you and me both, I actually didn't know about bronies... until maybe a week later.

when I did find out about bronies I was just like "oh cool, im not the only one who likes the show"

• 2 months later...

Back in 2011, when I first heard the term I said:

So fans of this show are called "Bronies" huh? Nice Fitting Name. Bros who love a show featuring Ponies.  Bro + Ponies = Bronies. Makes sense to me. That's cool. Maybe someday, I'll check out the show for myself.

A year or two later, I found it on Netflix, and the rest was history.

• Brohoof 1

It never really bothered me much. I had friends on a forum I used to frequent at the time I first heard of it that were actually friends of mine and made me really curious about the show, this was around 2011 or so.

Then I began watching it in 2013, rest is history.

• Brohoof 1

My first experience was everyone found out a kid in my IT class was a brony and they started making fun of him for ages. I thought it was weird but never gave any thought to it beyond that. So my original view on us was that we are weird! (I still think that :D )

Eventually i did look into it though and now i am sitting here typing about it :P

• Brohoof 1

I have always loved (real) horses and ponys, so there was a lot of talking about my horses at work. One day one workmate was joking and making fun of Bronys...

-Well to me you must be a Brony or something weird !

Brony ? Whats that ?

And when I found out.... and that there where Bronys even in my country.... I saw it on TV later... young men screaming and looking completely insane !

To me it was ridiculous and silly.

Some years past and then I come across the music from the community on a lot of places on the net, and this was the start. I started to watch fanvideos and

all amazing artwork out there. I was working with many musical projects at that time so I had not the time to spend with making my own "pony" music.

I started to watch the show from episode 1, And then from that day.... I know I was a Brony too. All the smart hidden messages, the sweet cute ponies, the voice acting, the

storry about the mare in the moon..... The great songs ! Whaaaooo !! THIS IS FOR ME ! I love it !

Then later I just had to test to do something musical, and it turned out quite good, so now I´m completely and full into this fandom.

And whatever happen in the future, Friendship IS MAGIC !

boop.jpeg.6c7834b44553bcea8ad63561f1fef107.jpeg

• Brohoof 2