Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first view on Bronies

n00bUltima

I already liked MLP when I found out about bronies, so I was very excited to find that there were other teen and up people like myself interested in the show, too. :grin: Quite happy!

I used to refrain myself from liking content created by bronies, but the more I watched, the more I come to embrace this fandom. I really wasn't open-minded at all, haha ^^.

• 5 months later...

My initial thoughts were that Bronies were weird for liking a little girls show. Also, I thought most were like the ones featured in cringe videos.

Of course, after becoming a fan late last year, I no longer think that.  :mlp_grin:

First time someone explained it to me, i was wondering why people were just now falling in love with a creepy 80s cartoon series. Then I saw the show and realized there are different generations. Saw people were gaga for Lauren Faust's rendition and stuck around until I was reciting every song by heart. 

35 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

First time someone explained it to me, i was wondering why people were just now falling in love with a creepy 80s cartoon series. Then I saw the show and realized there are different generations. Saw people were gaga for Lauren Faust's rendition and stuck around until I was reciting every song by heart. 

I can still pop off any song seasons 1-4. I took a cd and burned the songs into it for the car. Played while commuting to school. It was so bad as I sang along. 

For me, heard through a friend. Was cool. Then I watched on a whim and bam now I have a room full of pony stuff. 

Eh; I'm not one to be judgemental so I never really gave it much thought. If anything before I watched the first ep my mindset was something like "My Little Pony of all things? Must be a nostalgia think with good animation. I'll at least have to check it out."

Lo and behold. :P

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't really surprised. I mean guys have liked Powerpuff Girls and Sailor Moon. This wasn't anything stunning or bizarre to me. Heck, I initially compared Bronies to the Neo-Pets fandom at one point. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought it was something my sister made up as I first heard about it from her. Then I thought it was some ironic hipster thing (I didn't know that G4 existed yet). Then I thought they were kinda creepy, despite the fact I'm a guy who grew up watching Sailor Moon. Once 2013 rolled around I got to seeing the fan animations on youtube and eventually I joined the brony cult. ("One of us. One of us.") - Trivia: Which movie am I referencing here?

• Brohoof 1

My first view was that they were weirdos, and that ponies were a weird thing to be into, but then a couple of my friends pushed me into it during a break in one of our classes. I had no idea they were into it beforehand so it took me by a bit of a surprise and so we watched a few episodes before school was let out. I'd already watched a bit of the earlier parts of Season 1 with my sister, but they eventually got me hooked by introducing me to some of the early fanfiction and some of the fandom's songs and I was drawn in shortly after.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I had a friend who tried to force it upon me, which was annoying, however I held no formal view one way or another of the fandom, I did view it as a bit unorthodox, but I did not hate it or anything and over time as i was exposed too it more and more it grew on me.

Well in 2015 when I used Ifunny still.. I was like "oh ok lol, thats fine" and kinda accepted them, then in 2016  I was anti-brony because hating on things was cool I guess? I mean youtubers like leafyishere made videos on weird people so I just hopped on the bandwagon. Then I kinda forgot about bronies until I was bored one night and decided to become one... I guess 

Back in mid-2011,I initially thought it was a sort of widespread trolling campaign to those who were not in on the joke; how could older men find appeal in a franchise known to target a very young female audience? On the second attempt in watching the show, I learned that the show did actually have a more broad appeal than I initially thought.

• 1 year later...

Before I became one I had no view of them cause I knew nothing about My Little Pony, but I was a bit curious. And when my brother started talking about it I only got more curious and decided I have to watch it. Now it's my favorite show and I think the fandom is awesome.

I only knew a little about bronies from what a friend told me in 2015. I thought they were weird, and I had no knowledge of G4 so I didn’t understand the appeal, but overall I did not give the fandom much thought. 

One of my main regrets is just how vocal me and my mate in school used to be in our hatred towards the show. :( In the YTPs we'd watch, MLP would often appear and we'd often get annoyed by it. Fast forward to just last year, I confessed to him. :please: I said, 'Remember all those fans? The ones we always used to mock? Well, I'm one of them now and it's actually saved my life, would you believe!' :toldya: ... He was not happy with me. :mlp_laugh: