Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

n00bUltima

Luna or Celestia?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna

I'm kinda surprised at how close this poll is. It always seems like Luna is overwhelmingly more popular.

I'm glad to see Celestia keeping up. It does seem like people tend to judge her unfairly, so its good to see that she is getting some appreciation.

and Luna wouldn't want her big sis to feel unappreciated!

Exactly. I anticipate a few of the bad apples of the Luna fanbase will show up to call Celestia a troll or tyrant or whatever other half-baked, five-years-old meme they've got. But until then, this has been relatively mature and level. Kind of makes me hope the fandom does last a lot longer. Maybe towards the end of it the standard jack@$$ery will be nothing but a bad memory.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Okay, ShadO... you do have a good point.  So, in the name of fair cutes - though my vote stays put - I present equality:

post-34233-0-24751300-1454980277_thumb.png

She is a darling, after all...

post-34233-0-42996000-1454980316_thumb.png

... and, admittedly, she does have her own case of The Cutes...

post-34233-0-29731100-1454980377_thumb.png

... so yes, Celestia is just as deserving of your votes!

post-34233-0-16635400-1454980481_thumb.jpg

If you wish, you may also vote for Celestia, the ruler of Equestria!

post-34233-0-79620200-1454980535_thumb.jpg

OH!  Now how did THAT get here?  My bad...  *giggle*

• Brohoof 3

attachicon.gifsig-4322800.sunbutt_portrait_by_cannibalus-d9bscn4.jpg

OH!  Now how did THAT get here?  My bad...  *giggle*

You know, I've always been confused about that picture.

Makes Luna kind of look like an @$$. Personally I think she's more of a class act than that.

No sense of humor? Pretty much. My patience and sense of humor have been torn, worn, and spit on for about four years now. There is no more of it left. It'll grow back later certainly, but it'll be a while.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

You know, I've always been confused about that picture.

Makes Luna kind of look like an @$$. Personally I think she's more of a class act than that.

No sense of humor? Pretty much. My patience and sense of humor have been torn, worn, and spit on for about four years now. There is no more of it left. It'll grow back later certainly, but it'll be a while.

I think that picture is great.

Luna is being childish and that pretty much defines Luna's personality for me. While Celestia will probably look at that and laugh with Luna. It's not like she's publicly shaming Celestia or actually hurting her, with the intention of hurting. This is a prank at worst.

Also, Luna's just angry she can't be elegant like Celestia.

One thing that's been mentioned in the comics and books is that Luna actuallyadmires Celestia. Granted, the cartoon needs to show us why, but the two being sisters is cool enough for me.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I've always been confused about that picture. Makes Luna kind of look like an @$$. Personally I think she's more of a class act than that.

Oh, she is... but you're forgetting: SISTERS.  That's just a little sibling rivalry - which, in my opinion, makes them more relatable and realistic.  They DO love each other, they simply have issues just like anypone else.   (see: The Present Incident in Slice Of Life)

Awwww... tell you what - when your laughter gets back on it's hooves, feel free to message me; we'll trade knock-knock jokes & have a good laugh.  *hugs*

• Brohoof 1

Oh, she is... but you're forgetting: SISTERS.  That's just a little sibling rivalry - which, in my opinion, makes them more relatable and realistic.  They DO love each other, they simply have issues just like anypone else.   (see: The Present Incident in Slice Of Life)

Awwww... tell you what - when your laughter gets back on it's hooves, feel free to message me; we'll trade knock-knock jokes & have a good laugh.  *hugs*

That's true. And that would be nice.

But that's not how it's ever depicted. It's always depicted as a blood feud. I'm so sick of feuding. It's not "for fun" anymore. It's shaming and hurtful picking on. Like making fun of someone's appearance over and over and every time you do it you go, "Haha, I'm just kidding."

Haha, no you're not, you're just a jerk.

And this really isn't the only thing I'm pissed about. I have seen some of the most nasty, hurtful stuff in our fandom over ideas people have or headcanons people think up and it's not addressed. "Your fave character/OC/ship/headcanon is cancer and you are crap for liking it." But it's just a cartoon, a fandom, so you're just supposed to smirk and roll your eyes. Haha, don't take it so seriously, it's all in fun, yes?

I wish I was having more fun. It's why I come here.

Real life certainly isn't much fun right now...

But I guess you've gotta look for silver linings. I may have seen some of the most acidic bile ever since I've been here, but I'd still do it all over again for the friends I've made... <3

... I should probably turn off the computer and go take a nap.

*grabs her Ahuizotl plushie and flops over*

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I was even a Luna fan in 2012. Today i hardly read fictions with her. The show let her shine in the moonlight while her big sister stays in the dark and mostly receives bad portrayal, that increasingly let her get nothing but scorn and derision from the fans.

My bitterness, envy and even wrath do intensify, putting it dramatically. I vote the outcast Celestia :derp:

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

I like Luna because I relate to her psychological issues of obsessing over past mistakes. -_- That said, I also like Celestia and find it kind of interesting that for such a long time fans were upset that Luna didn't get enough screen time. Well she surpassed Celestia in characterization in spite of not having as much screen time as her. I do wish we could learn more about Celestia. One thing I enjoyed about the Slice of Life episode is the sister interaction. I wouldn't mind seeing more things like between the two, or having Celestia get an episode devoted to a day in her life, focusing less on the mane six.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

Luna because she is the princess of the time with stars and the moon and the time that doesn't blind you

and she's the princess of nightmare night!!!!!! that's halloween!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I like Celestia more. Honestly I liked them both about the same but seeing so many people talking about Luna kind of pushed me towards Celestia I think. I also loved her trollish nature and wicked sense of humor. 

Discord bout to send another pony (one of your subjects) to another dimension...

Celestia: ... Awesome!

Edited by Kadeda

• 2 months later...