Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Where do you want to live in the future?

Dsanders

I would love to live in a cold climate such as Norway, Canada, Finland or even in the Alps. I would not want to live in Sweden due to all the problems there :T. But otherwise, I would love to live in either Britain or Germany :D

Why not Alaska? They're winters are amazing and it never gets really hot over there during the Summer.

• Brohoof 1

Why not Alaska? They're winters are amazing and it never gets really hot over there during the Summer.

Because Alaska is a part of the United States and that is not a country that I want to live in :T 

Back on topic..I think maybe a Vault like in the Fallout universe might be fun but i'd want it to be like Vault City from Fallout 2

A vault seriously? Those horrifying social experiments that often resulted in death and madness?

And if we are including flat out fictional places now, I would say Equestria obviously, but also the world of Pokemon both for differing but similar reasons to me.

A vault seriously? Those horrifying social experiments that often resulted in death and madness?

If the Vault was properly run and not left in the hands of some incompetent fool who couldn't tie their own shoe laces it could be a success. Alot of the issues that made the vault's fail were the lack of resources and competency from the overseers.

Edited by Ph0enix

Well I actually always wanted to live in Scotland or wales, somewhere in the north of Britain. But I don't mind staying where I am now. It's pretty good here. That or Iceland can always be a option ^w^

• Brohoof 3

Well I actually always wanted to live in Scotland or wales, somewhere in the north of Britain. But I don't mind staying where I am now. It's pretty good here. That or Iceland can always be a option ^w^

Yeah I can tell you from what I've researched there are plenty of beautiful places in Scotland. It's worth a visit. There's Tiree which is Scotland's most westerly island as well as the sunniest place in the country

Tiree,_Balephuil_Bay.jpg

There's the National Museum of Scotland which has numerous unique exhibits from what I've seen

national_museum1.jpg

And finally, Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Scotland. Would love to hike up there one day. Only 4,409 ft in elevation but appears to get snow during the colder seasons. It's breathtaking 

185733.JPG

• Brohoof 3

Yeah I can tell you from what I've researched there are plenty of beautiful places in Scotland. It's worth a visit. There's Tiree which is Scotland's most westerly island as well as the sunniest place in the country

sig-4368123.Tiree,_Balephuil_Bay.jpg

There's the National Museum of Scotland which has numerous unique exhibits from what I've seen

sig-4368123.national_museum1.jpg

And finally, Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Scotland. Would love to hike up there one day. Only 4,409 ft in elevation but appears to get snow during the colder seasons. It's breathtaking 

185733.JPG

Looks magical. I'd love to go there for the culture too aswell for that scenery.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest...Taipei, Taiwan. Close enough to the mountains for a scenic tea-drinking trip, close enough to the crowded night markets, and close enough to the temples. There's also Taipei 101, the Danshui port, Ruifang, Sun Yat-Sen Memorial, Yuanshan Hotel, and the hot springs in Yilan. Also cheap Asian food.

Granted Taipei is crowded as hell, but you don't really need a car to move around anyways since there's the rapid-transit subway and buses everywhere. There's also cheap taxis (who actually kind of have a hate-relationship with Taiwan Uber) if in some rare chance you don't have a bus station nearby.

I've been in other Asian coutries before...honestly Japan is not that good of a place to live and is definitely not what you see in anime. Japan is easily seen through rose-tinted glasses and besides the tourist zones it's not easy to handle the big cultural differences in the country. It's still a very conservative place; some Japanese people dislike Koreans, hikkikomoris (social outcasts who heavily avoid outside contact), and otakus of any sort (yes, they will be very offended if you're using that term positively). Its culture is collectivist and somewhat double standarded compared to the culture of European nations and the U.S.

Also I can't handle the climate there. If I had to live somewhere in the Eastern Hemisphere I'll probably pick Malaysia / Singapore just so its climate and culture feels more familiar.

• Brohoof 3

I have absolutely no idea where I'd want to live once I'm out on my own. All I know is that I'd like to be somewhere that's scenic and not fast-paced. I'd want to be somewhere near open land and nice places to ride horses. :3

• Brohoof 2

Hey! Different places different terms. I don't call British people "wrong" for referring to an elevator as a lift

Sorry if that little comment made you a bit mad, but I was only making fun of the stereotype "All Americans are obese, ignorant and greedy"

I know that people use different terms, haha. My relatives are Italian so I know different words for different things.

Edited by DuskRain
  • Brohoof 1

I really really want to move to Florida when I become of age. No snow (or extreme coldness), Disneyworld, beaches, palm trees...Did I say no snow? I just want to get the freak away from this bi-polar, torturous COLD mid-western weather DX

New York is another option, but that would be going right back to the cold...

• Brohoof 2

I don't know why but L.A it might be notorious for drugs and crime but it always just seemed like a cool place to live.

Well like all cities, it has its ups and downs. The weather is nice and with very little bugs that bother people. It's also of course the home of Hollywood.

I really really want to move to Florida when I become of age. No snow (or extreme coldness), Disneyworld, beaches, palm trees...Did I say no snow? I just want to get the freak away from this bi-polar, torturous COLD mid-western weather DX

New York is another option, but that would be going right back to the cold...

Temper your expectations, Florida is not all its cracked up to be. I mean it's not torture but it can still get pretty chilly here even if there's no snow and I haven't been to Disneyworld since my family visited. Just a day trip is still pretty expensive.

Sorry if that little comment made you a bit mad, but I was only making fun of the stereotype "All Americans are obese, ignorant and greedy"

I know that people use different terms, haha. My relatives are Italian so I know different words for different things.

Not mad, at least not at you, I just find that all national, ethnic, religious, etc. stereotypes deserve to be shot into a mass grave and I was simply doing my part against that particular one. (I would do so even if the stereotype did not apply to me.)

My sincere apologies. My friends could tell you I'm a rather serious person.

@,

Actually, I might change my answer to Taiwan if I had to go international. All the best aspects of China celebrated yet none of "the party." 

@@Dsanders@@Ph0enix,

Not to mention Mad Munchkin lives there! :wub:

mad_munchkin_pony_redesign_by_mad__munch

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

@@Steel Accord, Since you seem to know a lot about various cities, do you happen to know what cities in Sweden, Scotland, Canada, or Alaska would have the lowest costs in terms of housing? 

It's alright if you don't. It's just those are the places I have in mind for the future so far.

I wouldn't mind living in Sydney, Australia. I live in Australia, so as such getting from my state to Sydney would be rather easy. It also helps how safe of a country Australia is. But in the state I live in, the jobs there are complete garbage. Sydney would probably be the only place in Australia where I would most likely find my dream job.

I also wouldn't mind living in Los Angeles, California. I know that the politics in this country are terrible and all, but I would have an even better chance at finding my dream job there. That, and I've always been fascinated by American culture and how technologically advanced some parts of this state are.

Edited by Entropy
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind living in Sydney, Australia. I live in Australia, so as such getting from my state to Sydney would be rather easy. It also helps how safe of a country Australia is. But in the state I live in, the jobs there are complete garbage. Sydney would probably be the only place in Australia where I would most likely find my dream job.

I also wouldn't mind living in Los Angeles, California. I know that the politics in this country are terrible and all, but I would have an even better chance at finding my dream job there. That, and I've always been fascinated by American culture and how technologically advanced some parts of this state are.

What is your dream job?

Also if you would like to ask questions on "American culture" don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. I hope my previous posts show something of a grasp on the subject of various cultures. I've been likened before to an ambassador, though I hold no official position.

Sydney would probably be the only place in Australia where I would most likely find my dream job.

Is that the only reason you would want to move to Sydney? I mean granted a job is a pretty big reason but I am just curious if there's more to it.

Edited by Steel Accord

What is your dream job?

Also if you would like to ask questions on "American culture" don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. I hope my previous posts show something of a grasp on the subject of various cultures. I've been likened before to an ambassador, though I hold no official position.

Is that the only reason you would want to move to Sydney? I mean granted a job is a pretty big reason but I am just curious if there's more to it.

I would love to get into the animation industry and create a TV show one day. While I'm aware that there are other places to go and create cartoons, CalArts seems to be my best bet to succeed my dream.

Alrighty, will do! Thanks very much for the suggestion. c:

Actually, it isn't the only reason why I want to move about now that you've mentioned it. I would also like to move to Sydney because A. I've always wanted to have a life somewhere in a city since I like to spend my time there and B. I want the feeling of freedom and get away from certain people in my life.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to get into the animation industry and create a TV show one day. While I'm aware that there are other places to go and create cartoons, CalArts seems to be my best bet to succeed my dream.  

Ah I can actually identify. I'm studying to become a professional writer right now. Writing for animation is certainly on the table at least for me.

Actually, it isn't the only reason why I want to move about now that you've mentioned it. I would also like to move to Sydney because A. I've always wanted to have a life somewhere in a city since I like to spend my time there and B. I want the feeling of freedom and get away from certain people in my life.

Ah I see. Yeah "screw people I live with" seems to be a sadly common motivation but I can understand that feeling as well. I was actually born in Philly but have never lived there for an extended period of time, but I wouldn't mind it if I could as I've visited it so many times throughout my life and love it so much.

Edited by Steel Accord

Iceland has been the place on my mind. It sports very low homicide rates. According to the World Bank, homicide rates there fluctuate between 0 and 1 (rounded) per 100,000 compared to the USA's 4 - 5 per 100,000 (Source). The World Bank has no data for my country but I already know that my country and the USA's rates are very closly matched. Iceland's electricity is almost completely fossil-free (Source). The temperature over there doesn't fluctuate too dramatically, ranging only from -9ºC to 19ºC in Reykjavík, Iceland in 2014 (Source).

Edited by SunBurn
  • Brohoof 2