Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who's your fictional hero?

crispy fries

Cthulhu is my fictional hero.  Granted, he's not very good at hero-ing; can't so much as be bothered to get out of his tomb most days.  Fact is, he's rather more villainous than he is heroic.  But I think he'd be very good with issues like population control and...  Mostly that.  And he'd go about things indiscriminately.  That's more than I could say for some.

Why am I not surprised?  >_>

Your hero is my greatest symbolic nemesis.

• Brohoof 1

Your guy and my guy can fight it out.  Don Quixote, well-meaning tilter-at of windmills versus Cthulhu, gelatinous spawn of the stars.

Not sure if that was intended as an insult, the Man of La Mancha meant to be a slam against my perceived foolishness vs. your perceived stance of the might of inevitability.

Either way I did say that Don Quixote was not my definitive hero, only chosen for lack of one. It does harken back to my original post though. I'm more familiar with a crystalized image of what's negative than what's positive and that does bother me. It's like knowing my enemy but not knowing myself, Sun Tzu would be very disappointed.

Not sure if that was intended as an insult, the Man of La Mancha meant to be a slam against my perceived foolishness vs. your perceived stance of the might of inevitability.

You should have a talk show called "Overthinkin' It with Steel Accord."

I like Cthulhu because big, creepy, ancient monsters are fun; doesn't hurt that the octopus is my favorite animal.  And, for your information, I very nearly went with Bilbo Baggins.  I'd like to see Don Quixote tilt at a hobbit.

• Brohoof 2

You should have a talk show called "Overthinkin' It with Steel Accord."

I'm flawed in that fashion I do admit.

I like Cthulhu because big, creepy, ancient monsters are fun; doesn't hurt that the octopus is my favorite animal.  And, for your information, I very nearly went with Bilbo Baggins.  I'd like to see Don Quixote tilt at a hobbit.

I certainly wouldn't and I don't think he would depending if he saw them as the proper, simple, decent folk they are meant to be or (in keeping with character) saw them as goblins or other wicked small folk to be slain.

(I like octopi too. Such intelligent creatures.) 

• Brohoof 1

To give you a hint:

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AAAAAMMMM!!!"

kamina.jpg

**EDIT: Just realized I had this picture saved in my MLP folder...***

post-25639-0-53113700-1455060263_thumb.jpeg

As for me:

I've always been a fan of John. a.k.a. Master Chief, Spartan 117.

halo_5_newegg_story1-halo-5-master-chief

More recently, however, I've come to really appreciate Joel from The Last of Us.

thelastofus3.jpg

Aragorn son of Arathorn.

3816967-7665747901-Casti.jpg

Brom from Inheritance (the only real actor in from the atrocious movie adaptation. Jeremy Irons did well with what he had to work with)

brom.jpg

Jason Bourne

Jason-Bourne.jpg

Iron Man

NEFDyIy3fCgkIM_1_1.jpg

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 2

Accelerator and Kamijou Touma from A Certain Magical Index. Accelerator because he acts tough and doesn't take shit from people, yet he's still fundamentally a good guy, and Touma because he stops at nothing to help his friends, or even complete strangers if he has to, despite knowing he'll probably end up severely hurt.

Yesss another Index fan <3 Was about to say the same two for the same reasons

• Brohoof 1

Professor Layton is one of my fictional heroes. Highly intelligent, sophisticated and quite the fencer when there's a need to defend himself and his colleagues. Plus above all else, a strong dedication to pursue mysteries and puzzles until their solution is found.

(Note: Celtore might or might not have a major weakness to the gentleman detective trope.)

• Brohoof 1

Most of my role models are real people, but there are a few fictional characters I look up to. The Doctor and The Dude would be a few that come to mind, but the one fictional character that comes closest to a real role model for me would be...

post-35640-0-65630700-1455167486_thumb.jpg

Indiana Jones. I admire the character in every way. He is brave and tough. He is a freaking university professor and doctor, so he is really smart. Smart guys are cool. He values knowledge and learning over money. He has a smart ass sense of humor like me, and he is good looking. He is everything I would want to be.

• Brohoof 2

sam gamgee, superman and spider-man.

sam gamgee for pretty obvious reasons. he is the greatest companion one could have, and even though frodo treated him like sh*t thanks to the ring, sam fought f*cking shelob to save him. he is loyal until the last second, and put frodos life before his own. also: "I can't carry the burden for you. But I can carry you!" yeah, screw this "you bow to no one"-moment. THIS made me cry like a little bitch.

superman because he has the powers of a god and could easily take over the world, destroy it or whatever he wants to do, but he doesn't. he instead uses his powers to protect the ones that need his protection. the people he saves are, most times, worthless in comparison to him, and yet, he would give his own life to save only one of them. he has god-like powers and chooses to use them to do the right thing and to protect mankind, and damn, this is just awesome of him to pull of.

spider-man, for similiar reasons. he started his "career" as super-hero when he was only 15 years old. that means, when he was my age, he already fought super-villains and risked his life on a daily basis. why? because he thinks that's his responsibility. because he thinks that this is the exact right thing to do: to use the powers he was gifted with to protect people, not to rule them or to get what he wants. he does this like it's self-evident. he puts himself into great danger over and over and over again, without asking for a reward, without asking for gratitude. some people even hate or fear him, call him a monster, and he'd protect even those people. spider-man is one of the most inspirational super-heroes I know, and damn, those three people deserve to be my idols.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Yoda. He’s wise, patient and really powerful, but doesn’t flaunt it. If you passed him on the street you’d never think this little green dude would have all that going on, but he does. He really knows how to throw-down with a lightsaber too.

• Brohoof 2

It's probably Captain America or Kazuma Kiryu, just someone out there who makes it a mission to be a good person and help other people

• Brohoof 1

Woody, Ash Ketchum, Batgirl, Kim Possible, Blossom, Twilight Sparkle, Judy Hopps, pretty much every protagonist from Fullmetal Alchemist, especially Greed and Ling, Inuyasha and Kagome.. Sora, and as of lately believe it or not I've been watching the DuckTales reboot and I think Scrooge McDuck, I have a lot of anti heros that I love to, but I'm talking about characters that are actually HEROES, and that is a big thing for me.. there are a lot of positive reformed protagonists that inspire me, but these are the you know follow and study their moral fabric type characters... My "heroes"...

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Della Duck from DuckTales 2017 is my hero because she never gives up!

ezgif-6-7e054081d72b.gif.7b3d244466b27f8f55accf1f8c866bd0.gif

Literally talked to a friend about this yesterday, said she couldn't believe Della lobbed off her own leg, and I said that's just the biggest part of her character, if she has to cut off her leg, she will, if she's gotta learn how to live on the moon she will, if she's gotta learn rocket science she will... Loved Della the only thing I ever questioned was why she left the boys while they were in eggs, she just couldn't stay away from adventure ..

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...