Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You can never convert some people into a Brony.

Bendy

Honestly, I am kind of suspecting that this fandom is a cult in disguise, and that's why we feel the need to convert everybody else.

I sure hope not, I'm not really a fan of Kool-aid 

You're both factually incorrect. The brony fandom is a combo of many things. A cult ain't one of them.

At the end of the day, their experiences with the fandom will make or break whether or not they will give them a chance.

If encounters with poorly-behaved fans is enough to influence these people into not giving FIM a chance, then they showed they're not fans of the products they supposedly like, either. What happens when these same crazy people or others similar to them "invade" other products they're interested in or want to be interested in or try to act as converters there? Will they abandon ship, too, as a vain attempt to "disassociate" from them, thus showing off their really thin skins more? If they believe they're dispelling stereotypes by scapegoating the fandom, they couldn't be more wrong. If anything, they pander to the stereotypes and fit into the mold more accurately than the fans they claim to hate by scapegoating fanbases.

• Brohoof 2

You don't force people to watch a cartoon. It's not a brony's job to "convert" people, it just paints the fandom as a bunch of nutcases. If you want to recommend someone the show, that's fine. If they don't want to watch it, fine. If they do, they either like it or they don't

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

All the times I asked my old friends to watch the show I believed it was only fair that they try because of all the things I let them get me into, and no none of them ever felt they should try to watch just one episode.

P.s. I don't believe the community is like cult that we are trying for force on people. I just think its no different then a friend going "hey play league of legends". I hate lol I'd rather play dota 2 and yet again will they play dota 2, of course not and I just played lol with my old friends cause it was the only option that was given to me that was as other people would call it "forced down my throat".

Edited by Veiled Storm

Yes i know, not everyone likes the same and thats ok.

If people dont want to watch it, than thats ok.

I dont even mention Mlp on other Sides and dont even have Mlp Icons on other Forums.

Whenever i join a Forum, i choose an Icon and Name, that fits the particular Fandom.

I dont even want to convince People, to watch my Shows.

If someone would ask me, what else i would watch, only then i would mention it once.

Hey, let's not use words like "convert"; I much prefer "indoctrinate." x3

The fandom is the entirely-optional part of being a viewer or fan of the series.  It is.  Bronies aren't - and shouldn't behave like - missionaries.  I'm not sure I like missionaries behaving like missionaries.  If I'm at least aware of something, I can make up my own mind as to whether or not I'll give it a closer look.  Admittedly, my motives in watching FIM were initially ulterior, and - were I the type to be easily run off by the opinions of others - my early reconnaissance might have been detrimental to my further enjoyment of the show.

Bronies aren't strictly necessary, is what I'm saying.  You can simply be a fan of the show without having a Brony membership card shoved up your...  Wallet.  You might even be fortunate enough to find something indispensably valuable that has nothing whatsoever to do with the fandom itself.

• Brohoof 2

Look to the left of this post. look at the signature under it. There's another cartoon I'm just as big a fan of, even after all these years. I'll give a cookie to anyone that can find a post where I try to force others to watch it. Even if it's on another forum. I use the same username, sig, and avatar everywhere. In fact, if I ever talk about how I'm against forcing anyone to watch a show, I always use NCIS as my example!

LOL!

• Brohoof 1

"I know first hoof how that feels." - Starlight Glimmer. I've been trying to convert my friend for almost a year now and he still hasn't admitted into becoming a brony. Sure he likes the show and doesn't care that I do, but he just won't admit that he's a brony. Every time he comes over I listen to pony music, watch fan made videos with him, and even watch the Equestria Girls movies with him. He doesn't have a problem with us bronies. It's just not his thing. But, I keep trying to convert him each day and still keep getting shot down. :(:adorkable::blush:

I never did have an intention to convert, but it happened anyway. . Unlike my bff and my sis, I am extremely proud for being a mlp fan at school. . I became popular because of being one..

One of my friends noticed how I converted from shy to friendly and popular by watching mlp.. she tried to watch it, and was now a big fan. . I never expected that to happen. .

I understand wanting your friends to be interested in your interests.

You want them to see how great you think that thing is and you want to share it with them.

However, forcing such a thing onto others is udderly unecessary.

If they deny your request to "convert" them, then leave it at that and leave them alone.

I'll be honest when I first heard of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic I thought "I would never watch that show."     Don't you agree you should not try convince someone to watch the show if they say that in bold above?

Umm context?

Have they seen it at all? How well do you know them? Are they the kind to make "ever" statements lightly? 

Well, i really don't give a damn if there is a hater who doesn't want to give the show a chance. But if there is someone who I want to convert, I would usually be like "I dare you to watch mlp:fim". In fact, I know most of my friends watch the show thanks to me but I have never asked them to lol. :D

They are not serious fans tho, just casuals who watch it when their bored.

Hell, MLP FIM even made me a clopper. Damn you ponies!

Whoa, chill :)

I never clop but I get turned on by those human pony crossover clop sometimes

Umm context?

Have they seen it at all? How well do you know them? Are they the kind to make "ever" statements lightly? 

No, they are the kind to use a homophobic slur if one so much dares watch anything considered girly. Youtube comments... random Brony haters. Don't know them personally, but that's them in a nutshell.

I know my friends for a fact just laughed me for liking My Little Pony for a little while. They stopped after a few days and ones who continued to mock be were told to shut up by other friends.

You're both factually incorrect. The brony fandom is a combo of many things. A cult ain't one of them.

It's a joke. I didn't mean that it was literally a cult. Though it sure does act like one.
  • Brohoof 1

ofc you can't convert everyone to like MLP. Some people will flat out not like cartoons at all, Some might have a terrifying phobia of ponies XD

Besides... why convert people when we can just have the show to ourselves. XD

I don't think that "converting" anybody is a good thing. It's not like it's a different lifestyle; it's just a fandom. I swear, there are some people out there that actually treat the community as a cult. The people that can't talk to people unless they are fans as well. Those aren't exactly helping our already tarnished reputation. I'd never "convert" someone.

That's just my opinion.

Edited by SopranoAurora

"I know first hoof how that feels." - Starlight Glimmer. I've been trying to convert my friend for almost a year now and he still hasn't admitted into becoming a brony. Sure he likes the show and doesn't care that I do, but he just won't admit that he's a brony. Every time he comes over I listen to pony music, watch fan made videos with him, and even watch the Equestria Girls movies with him. He doesn't have a problem with us bronies. It's just not his thing. But, I keep trying to convert him each day and still keep getting shot down. :(:adorkable::blush:

And why does he have to say he is a brony? It is just kind of a label anyway, I watch the show, listen to fan music, look at fan art, draw MLP art, but not in 100000000 years would I ever call myself a brony or a pegasister, honestly if I had a friend who kept trying to force me into it, we wouldn't be friends for very long at all x)   We are all different, just accept that and stop with this converting nonsense.    :diamondtiara:

Edited by Jestwinged

Hell, MLP FIM even made me a clopper. Damn you ponies! 

I don't see why we needed to know about this part on a PG 13 forum where this wasn't the topic of discussion, but thank you for sharing...

That being said, trying to convert people is a waste of time and incredibly rude.