Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Anticipated Musical Albums of 2016

Cosmik Vek

Well, since there's threads for anticipated Games and Movies, then why not Zoidberg a thread for anticipated albums! :)

So, tell us about upcoming 2016 albums by your favorite artists (any genre)

As for me, most albums I'm gonna wait for are from Metal artists

The album I anticipate the most is Terminal Redux by Vektor, out on 11th of March. Their last (and first) two albums were masterpieces of Technical/Progressive Thrash Metal and with I've heard I've heard from Ultimate Artificier and the live versions of other songs, this album might be the ultimate artificier contender for album of the year.

Another album that I'm looking forward to with big eyes is the non-named yet album by Voivod. Meanwhile, they announced Post Society an E.P. that is gonna get it's release on February 26th.

Wildfire by Deströyer 666, is another one of these albums that I think will rock 2016! Their last album Defiance, was definitely not an album that was legendary, like their 3 first albums, but with the two first released songs from this album, I swear that the guys are back and for good!

Finally after 17 years of absence, Doom, an obscure Avant-Garde Metal Japanese band announced the release of Still Can't The Dead, an album that I may be the only one there that is looking forward here. I hope this album plays like their early stuff (Thrash Metal mixed with Avant-garde/Progressive Metal and Rock) and not like their last (in the electronica vein, pls no lel)

Other releases that will make 2016 a great musical year (well I hope lol):

• Cursed And Coronated by Protector (Thrash Metal)
  • For All Kings  by Anthrax (Thrash Metal)
  • The Brotherhood of The Snake (Non-official title yet) by Testament (Thrash Metal, Death Metal?)
  • Dissemination by Dream Death (Doom/Death/Thrash Metal)
  • XI by Metal Church (Heavy/Power/Thrash Metal)
  • Jomsviking by Amon Amarth (Melodic Death Metal)
  • Penalty by Perception by Artillery (Thrash Metal)
  • Under Attack by Destruction (Thrash Metal)
  • Apsu by Absu (Black/Thrash Metal)
  • In Humanity by Toxik (Are they going to release it? :okiedokielokie: ) (Technical Speed/Thrash Metal)
  • Concepts of Math: Book One (E.P.) by Watchtower (Progressive/Technical Thrash Metal)
  • Old School American Way by Whiplash (Thrash/Speed Metal)
  • Transcendence by Devin Townsend (Progressive Metal)
  • Pleiades' Dust by Gorguts (Technical/Avant-Garde Death Metal)
  • Rotten Spiral by Schizo (Black/Thrash Metal)
  • The Evil Divide by Death Angel (Thrash Metal)
  • Combat Cathedral by Assassin (Thrash Metal)
  • Great Is Our Sin by Revocation (Technical Death/Thrash Metal)
  • Magma by Gojira (Progressive Groove/Death Metal)
  • The Devil Strikes Again by Rage (Heavy/Speed/Power Metal)
  • But Wait... There's More! (E.P.) by D.R.I. (Crossover/Thrash Metal)
  • The Apothic Gloom (E.P.) by Skeletonwitch (Melodic Death/Thrash Metal)
  • Theories Of Flight by Fates Warning (Progressive Metal)
  • Iron Times (E.P.) by Vader (Death Metal)
  • The Empire by Vader
  • Decision Day by Sodom (Thrash Metal)

Non-confirmed or untitled upcoming albums, that may or will come out in 2016 and that I anticipate:

• Untitled by Coroner (Progressive Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Xentrix (Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Dark Angel (Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Meshuggah (Djent)
  • Untitled by Morbid Angel (Death Metal)
  • Untitled by The Dillinger Escape Plan (Mathcore, Progressive Metal)
  • Untitled by Judas Priest (Heavy Metal)
  • Untitled by Kreator (Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Metallica (Thrash/Heavy Metal)
  • Untitled by Onslaught (Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Overkill (Thrash Metal)
  • Untitled by Savatage (Power/Progressive/Heavy Metal)
  • Untitled by Sodom (Thrash Metal)
Edited by Cosmic V0rtex
  • Brohoof 3

One of these days, I have to get the new Megadeth album Dystopia. I heard it's rather good. The there's the new Anthrax album 'For All Kings.' Seems to be going in a slightly prog oriented direction. Heard the same about the new Metallica album too. 2016 should be a good year for thrash. 

I'm also looking forward to:

Amon Amarth- Jomsviking

New Meshuggah

New Lacuna Coil 

New Sabaton 

New Testament (no pun intended)

Baby Metal- Metal Resistance 

Oh boy I don't really have a most anticipated album, but I have some albums for which I'm pretty excited to know that they're gonna come in 2016

To name a few artists which I'm excited for:

Charli XCX's; I heard that her album would be produced by SOPHIE and I love this dude, I'm pretty pumped

Azealia Banks; She's set to release both a mixtape and an EP this year, and since I love her music well... you understand xD

The 1975; Never really got into them but since they're releasing something in not that long I might check it out

Iggy Pop; Post Pop Depression, I'm really excited about this one, it's been a while I hadn't listened to something from him

Gwen Stefani; I really hope she makes a decent comeback with her next album, I loved her first album when I was younger.

M.I.A; Mahtahdatah might be the best album that she could release, Borders and Swords were incredible singles, really hyped.

TLC; these girls are apparently coming back, hopefully it will be good

Meghan Trainor: her first album was filled with pop bops, hopefully her sophomore will be too!

the xx: I can only say I'm excited xD

Lady Gaga: she apparently worked with Mark Ronson, I'm hoping it's for something acoustic...

Lily Allen; she wanted to work with the same guy, I'm hoping it's gonna be released this year xD

Nine Inch Nails: I'm really hoping something will come out from them this year..

Gorillaz: When someone told me they were apparently releasing something this year, I instantly got pumped, I really hope they will put out a good album

50 Cent; Street King Immortal will definitely be an album I'll be blasting when it'll come out, you can be sure.

I'm pretty sure I forgot a lot of artists but eh, I'm not jesus xD