Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you want to learn in the future?

Dsanders

What are somethings you've always wanted to learn and become a master in? This could include any subjects or skills that have deeply interested you. You never seem to have the time to learn them at the moment (you have more time than you think; procrastination is really what gets in the way) but you would like to learn them at some point in the future.

I would like to learn as much astronomy, geology, biology, environmental science, paleontology, meteorology, and botany as I can so I can have a better understanding of the natural world and the heavens above.

I also wish to achieve fluency in seven languages: Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, French, Hebrew, Greek, and Russian.

I've also been interested in gaining experience in some sort of craftsmanship, whether it be automotive mechanics, welding, or carpentry. Sadly, there's no resources close to where I live that can help me in that area

• Brohoof 3

I recently got a guitar. I don't really intend to make anything more than a hobby out of it and I don't play or practice much but eventually I would love to learn to properly play chords. I bought a chord book and the finger placements are both confusing and seem impossible so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'll get there eventually.

• Brohoof 3

I've always wanted to master a form of dance. Perhaps modern, or hip hop. I'd like to feel more balanced, and I believe dancing could help with that. I took a couple of lessons here and there, and an introduction to human movement when I was in college, but I have an interest in getting more into it. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd like to be able to design and even install electrical installations professionally. This can range from the humble residential house to power plants and even grids. Being an electrical engineering college student, I'm well on my way.

Being able to do good research would really come in handy, especially when dealing with an industry that has a lot of room for growth.

As for languages, that would be to become as fluid in Dutch and Spanish as I am with English. I can already speak the two aforementioned languages but not fluidly. Portuguese, German and Icelandic languages would soon follow.

• Brohoof 1

I've almost finished my BSc. in computer science. Looking back, I realize that I liked studying and I enjoyed higher education more than anything. If chance allows, I would do a Master's too. Math, science, logic...  it's all kinds of cool.

• Brohoof 1

German, illustration, advertising, transportation management, and auto racing.

To fly plane. Damn big and loud motor plane. It's like bike, but plane. XD

sig-4369002.Tri-Motor.jpg

I like this. Is it wrong that I read that in a big, burly, badass Russian accent?

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to find a new way for nuclear energy. But not using plutonium or uranium, but using thorium. Currently thorium generators are not as efficient as they could be and also they're goddamn expensive. I've always wanted to find a way to make thorium generators cheaper and more effective. Thorium can't be used for nuclear weapons and it also doesn't make as much nuclear waste as the other elements. It's not perfectly safe but it's safer than most other nuclear elements. Thorium, in my opinion, could pave a new way for nuclear energy.

Edited by SuperXylosian
  • Brohoof 1

Not much, I mostly want to learn how to control my thoughts better, learning to not be so hard against myself. Learn not to compare myself with others and thinking I am inferior or something. That has proven to be quite the challenge but I think some days I am doing better. Others, not so much. 

At this point I would rather do that. Learning other types of things, I tend to stress myself out since I have a hard time managing even my enjoyments throughout the day, so I want to keep things simple. Helps keep the stress down, if that makes sense. 

Become fluent in:

- French

- Dutch

- German

- Japanese

- Some Scandinavian language, maybe Norwegian.

Aside from language, I'm interested in generally learning about quantum physics. Hopefully we'll do something on the topic in Year 11/12 Physics, or I might just have to wait until university. 

Maybe learn how to play the cello too.