Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you want to learn in the future?

Dsanders

I'd love to be all pro about animals. Like as if I knew all there was to know about most animals out there..? That would have been so cool to me.

But if I think realistically, perhaps I'd like to become great at talking more languages, sing and surf... Also specialize about animals anyway. Cause I want to. I'm capable of learning most things.

Edited by Collibri

First, the "understandable" part: I would like to learn to draw decently.

Then, the mostly incomprehensible part: I want to study some very cool fields of mathematical logic, in particular Type Theory, Constructive Logic, maybe some automathed theorem proving and expecially I really want to study Homotopy Type Theory... this really fascinates me, and I'm really looking forward to get to know more of all this stuff :)

Right now I'm pretty obsessed with figure skating and ice-dancing. I know how to do almost all types of dance except on ice, so a huuuge goal of mine is to take some classes later on in the year. 

I also would like to learn more about child psychology/behavior when I get older. Something I'm really fascinated in. 

English horn! Baroque oboe (I guess the real term for that is Baroque 'hautbois'), saxophone, and bass clarinet... Perhaps trombone, too.

I'd love to learn more about programming. I'm doing fairly well right now and have 6 languages under my belt (with one more on the way), but there are certain subject areas I have yet to master.

One area is multithreading. I know what it is and how to use it in the languages Im familiar with, but I don't quite have the experience to know how to design a program to take advantage of multiple cores. Processors aren't increasing in speed at this point so much as increasing in the number of cores. When we start talking about machines with 4-8 cores, it becomes such a headache to figure out how to take advantage of the hardware without shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by Celtore

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man so many things. If I had to pick a couple, I'd say I have always wanted to learn to fluently speak Spanish. That's probably the number one thing. I can play piano but I've always wanted to be a tremendous talent but I've given up on that. After 30 years, I'm not getting any better at it than I am now.

I've been studying computing for two years now and I hope to master it at some point in the future and maybe restart my keyboard studies if I ever get the time and determination.

I would love to become a master of self-defense.

Seconded.

Also, I'd like to learn how to do specific pro-wrestling moves, as well as manipulate politicians into becoming more sensible.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I wanna learn marine biology, neurology, cyborg stuff with robotics, maybe brain-computer interface stuff, and krav maga drunken boxing ninjutsu yoga parkour Brazilian jiujitsu except im tall and they say for bj that just gives opponents more to work with so technically I should focus on strikes instead but I don't wanna its bad for late life posture.

I want to master the grand organ, and play evil music every dark and stormy night as well as on Halloween...

Or alternatively, just play the SMB64 Final Boss Bowser theme in the middle of church... hopefully both

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to learn to play the saxophone (or at least have the opportunity to give it a try), but those things are generally far too expensive for that to ever be a possibility.

I still sort of want to learn to play the ukulele, but I'm not overly confident about my ability to do so.

I'd like to learn Spanish and be able to speak it competently.  I took Spanish in high school, but I didn't retain much of it.  I can count to nineteen, ask where the bathrooms are, and piece together a few sentences of varying usefulness, but that's about it.

I'd like to learn how to paint with watercolors.  Currently, I can't paint at all; I only have experience with pencil and pen, markers, and colored pencils (and minimal digital experience).

I want to master the grand organ, and play evil music every dark and stormy night as well as on Halloween...

Or alternatively, just play the SMB64 Final Boss Bowser theme in the middle of church... hopefully both

Then you absolutely have to learn to play Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV 565):

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I want to learn more about astronomy one day. I would love to have my own telescope and know about specific constellations and planets. And also learn maybe something sporty, I'm juggling between karate, archery or motorcycling. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well my boyfriend and I have talked about stargazing together, looking up at the stars. I'd like to learn more about the stars in the future at some time, with him and a telescope. :)

I've also sort of wanted to learn how to express myself in the most beautiful and endearing way possible. That may not sound like a learned thing, but trust me it is. :darling:

• Brohoof 1